You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official Stony Brook Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by Likkriue
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Oh you made it lol. Alright letting the peeps knows. Congratulations to those who have gotten in!!!!
Feel free to inbox me questions about the school and how first year is going if you are undecided.
For those who haven't gotten an acceptance don't worry! A good number of my classmates got in later than december.
Feel free to inbox me questions about the school and how first year is going if you are undecided.
For those who haven't gotten an acceptance don't worry! A good number of my classmates got in later than december.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you post the link to the facebook group?
Thank you. It won't let me join the group because I am not a student at Stony Brook and don't have an email associated with Stony Brook.
If you made it with a facebook account associated with an @stonybrook.edu email sometimes the default privacy settings only let people with facebook accounts linked to a Stony Brook email to view the group.I’m just going to delete it and someone should make a new one haha!
If you made it with a facebook account associated with an @stonybrook.edu email sometimes the default privacy settings only let people with facebook accounts linked to a Stony Brook email to view the group.
Maybe that’s what happened. I couldn’t really remove that specific privacy option, so I just deleted the group. I will let someone else make it, since I’ve made enough mess!
Awesome thanks!The D1s will handle it!
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would choose Stony over all other schools, including Penn 😍, in a heartbeat.
But...but... Why so silent? 🙁
Qs for current students: do you forsee any more changes to curriculum in the near future? What are the specialization rates? Is the flow of patients great or do you need to obtain your own patients via advertising?
But...but... Why so silent? 🙁
Qs for current students: do you forsee any more changes to curriculum in the near future? What are the specialization rates? Is the flow of patients great or do you need to obtain your own patients via advertising?
From what I understand, stony brook doesn’t give you any updates regarding waitlist. I think the next time they would give out offers is in Jan after all the dec 1st people give/not give the deposits. But don’t take my word for it. This is just my perception, based on talking to people and looking at past sdn interview/acceptance forums.
Anyone committed and going to Stony Brook?
Can someone, D1 or above, explain why we have to pay 9K (included in the 20K lab/clinic fee) for a kit every year? What’s included in the kit and why is it a yearly fee? Do we pay this directly to Stony or is it an estimate for what I have to buy from outside vendors? I’m not by any means complaining. I’m just trying to understand where all the numbers are coming from.
.
Last edited:
According to a post earlier in this thread, they interview about 450 for a final class of 46. Im unsure of how many they accept overallDoes anyone know how many are accepted from those interviewed? Just trying to get a sense of what my odds are, I received an interview invite yesterday for January - Stony Brook is my top choice. Any tips/ advice will be greatly appreciated 🙂
According to a post earlier in this thread, they interview about 450 for a final class of 46. Im unsure of how many they accept overall
Class of 44.
Can someone, D1 or above, explain why we have to pay 9K (included in the 20K lab/clinic fee) for a kit every year? What’s included in the kit and why is it a yearly fee? Do we pay this directly to Stony or is it an estimate for what I have to buy from outside vendors? I’m not by any means complaining. I’m just trying to understand where all the numbers are coming from.
The 9k is a mandatory fee which changes every year based on the kit you get. It includes items from the Henry Schein store that are given to you at the beginning of each year... and includes things like handpieces, burs, typodonts, waxing instruments, etc that are yours to keep. After loan disbursements are refunded, the payments are made to the Henry Schein store representative at the school.
accepted oos
Last edited:
accepted IS! does anyone have any housing tips? i'm not from LI so any advice regarding location/landlords would be appreciated
When did you have your interview?accepted IS! does anyone have any housing tips? i'm not from LI so any advice regarding location/landlords would be appreciated
Nice congratulations 🙂. Did you ever call them after December 1st to ask them about your application?early october! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nice congratulations 🙂. Did you ever call them after December 1st to ask them about your application?
no, I didn't. my portal actually changed back to "under review" after december 1st, so I assumed a soft rejection. there's still hope!
Once you put your deposit to stony and officially accept your seat, Patricia Berry will put you in the class email list. From time to time, she’ll be sending emails regarding the housings the 4th year students are going to leave and their landlords looking for replacements. I think this is the easiest/best way to find good housing.accepted IS! does anyone have any housing tips? i'm not from LI so any advice regarding location/landlords would be appreciated
Had to turn down my interview, hoping someone gets it!
accepted 🙂
accepted 🙂
When was your interview?? I interviewed on Jan 19 and am wondering when I might hear back. CONGRATS!
When was your interview?? I interviewed on Jan 19 and am wondering when I might hear back. CONGRATS!
thank you! interviewed 1/12!
Just got an interview for next Wednesday! If anyone has any advice going in, it would be much appreciated 🙂
I haven’t heard from stony since the interview but when I went to visit it was short and to the point, they don’t waste your time here. The interviews were super relaxed and conversational; one open and one closed filed. You can do it!Just got an interview for next Wednesday! If anyone has any advice going in, it would be much appreciated 🙂
Thanks so much!!I haven’t heard from stony since the interview but when I went to visit it was short and to the point, they don’t waste your time here. The interviews were super relaxed and conversational; one open and one closed filed. You can do it!
Sorry, another question but does anyone know how strict they are with the 2x2 photo? Will I be penalized for a 2x3 photo?
This may not be as helpful since I don't know for sure, but someone in my interview group had 2 x 3 photo and she didn't mention anything specific about it being a problem. Personally, I would call/email Admissions just in case to be sure. Good luck!Sorry, another question but does anyone know how strict they are with the 2x2 photo? Will I be penalized for a 2x3 photo?
I believe if you cut 1 inch off a 2x3, you'll get a 2x2Sorry, another question but does anyone know how strict they are with the 2x2 photo? Will I be penalized for a 2x3 photo?
Any ideas when we will hear back for the January interviews?
Can someone, D1 or above, explain why we have to pay 9K (included in the 20K lab/clinic fee) for a kit every year? What’s included in the kit and why is it a yearly fee? Do we pay this directly to Stony or is it an estimate for what I have to buy from outside vendors? I’m not by any means complaining. I’m just trying to understand where all the numbers are coming from.
We have to pay a clinic fee which is about 10k, even though we don't use it till the last few months of first year, so YOLO lol. Now the Kit is $9,000 worth of stuff and so far we've used maybe 100$ worth. We pay for it directly to Henry Schein. We have to buy another set for second year, but third and fourth years thankfully no. Still have the clinic fees now.
Any ideas when we will hear back for the January interviews?
No idea, it could run all the way through march or april. Several of my classmates got in around then.
Will gladly answer any other questions!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey how are interviews like? What kind of questions?
When does Stony interview until? Still hoping to hear back from them
The interviews are in the afternoon after all the presentations and tour. You also get to shadow a 4th year student during their clinic time for a bit. There are 2 separate faculty interview and one 4th year student interview. In the student interview, they ask pretty general question, the typical ones, like why Stony Brook, etc. The faculty interviews are pretty laid back. The questions were tailored specifically to your app and personality. It ended up being a pretty chill conversation for me.Hey how are interviews like? What kind of questions?
When does Stony interview until? Still hoping to hear back from them
Think march is their last round of interviews.
In terms of interviews they vary, I've had people who have interviewers I still haven't met or know exist. Just gotta be coherant and ready to explain why you want to go to Stony.
Rejected. interviewed in october, OOS.
Stony is an awesome school and was one of my top choices. best of luck to everyone who starts here this fall.
Stony is an awesome school and was one of my top choices. best of luck to everyone who starts here this fall.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K