You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official Stonybrook Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by dentovermed
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone hear from Stonybrook yet?
Is anyone applying here?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am, but so far nothing happens.
This is my alma mater. But I don't have a committee letter yet because the pre health office takes 2 effing months to process and finalize everything!
I want to know if theyll accept the committee packet AFTER my aadsas is sent by mail? no one picks up the phone either.
I want to know if theyll accept the committee packet AFTER my aadsas is sent by mail? no one picks up the phone either.
Ya they will. Im pretty sure all schools do.This is my alma mater. But I don't have a committee letter yet because the pre health office takes 2 effing months to process and finalize everything!
I want to know if theyll accept the committee packet AFTER my aadsas is sent by mail? no one picks up the phone either.
Send your letters separately. Waiting two months for the committee puts you behind if the rest of your app is complete!This is my alma mater. But I don't have a committee letter yet because the pre health office takes 2 effing months to process and finalize everything!
I want to know if theyll accept the committee packet AFTER my aadsas is sent by mail? no one picks up the phone either.
Send your letters separately. Waiting two months for the committee puts you behind if the rest of your app is complete!
I already submitted individual letters via AADSAS. SBU requires a committee packet if your undergrad offers one. I dont think theyll review my app without one.
I had a committee. I didn't submit the letter. I got in. HahaI already submitted individual letters via AADSAS. SBU requires a committee packet if your undergrad offers one. I dont think theyll review my app without one.
I had a committee. I didn't submit the letter. I got in. Haha
no way??!! how?
their website specifically states a committee letter as a requirement
I doubt they'd care unless maybe you're an undergrad at stony?no way??!! how?
their website specifically states a committee letter as a requirement
I doubt they'd care unless maybe you're an undergrad at stony?
Yes I graduated stony last year. ugh
Eh then maybe they'd care unless the other poster WAS from stony as well. I say they'd care because obviously they know about the committee and they'll probably wonder why, not to mention your committee might have someone from the dental school on it. I don't know if they won't accept you because of it though...Yes I graduated stony last year. ugh
Received email that app is under review
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know if they update the school decision part on the aadsas? I haven't heard anything at all except my payment confirmation email they're not even showing up on the school decision page. almost all school sent me an email confirming they received my application.
How did you make that happen?Going to take a tour of Stonybrook on Friday. So excited. Hope I hear from this school soon 🙂 good luck guys
Just got back from my tour of Stonybrook Dental school. I'm all giddy now. It was awesome guys. Every person I spoke with was super friendly. The students seemed really supportive, and it was nice to see all the D2s hanging out together and playing pingpong in the lounge while waiting for class to begin, while the D4s were at work in the clinic. Really put things into perspective. If you guys have any questions about the school feel free to ask 😀
Anyone anything?
Lol last year they started at like the 19th or something. I'm not expecting news until at least the end of next week.Anyone anything?
any news?
Yes, I got an interview call today. 7th Batchany news?
just got the call!!!!! so excited
Congratulations!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Stats?Yes, I got an interview call today. 7th Batch
Very excited to be interviewing here. The email they sent out said to bring in an automobile registration... what if I don't own a car?
Then it doesn't matter. It's just for the parking permit, it's not a big deal.Very excited to be interviewing here. The email they sent out said to bring in an automobile registration... what if I don't own a car?
Then it doesn't matter. It's just for the parking permit, it's not a big deal.
Thanks for the info!
I had my interview at Stonybrook. Lovely school, amazing faculty and students, and a low pressure interview.
stats for the people that got interviews?
does anyone know how many invites they give out to OOS? The Guide said last year they accepted 3 oos only..
Interview invite, sweet.
No idea, I doubt many people know either but I'm sure if you get an invite you have a great chance of an acceptance.
does anyone know how many invites they give out to OOS? The Guide said last year they accepted 3 oos only..
No idea, I doubt many people know either but I'm sure if you get an invite you have a great chance of an acceptance.
Thanks for the info!
I had my interview at Stonybrook. Lovely school, amazing faculty and students, and a low pressure interview.
Was it just one interview? I've read in the past people have had multiple ones?
Was it just one interview? I've read in the past people have had multiple ones?
It was three short (~15/20 min) interviews. One with a D4, followed by two with faculty members.
does anyone know the purpose of bringing your automobile registration? And also, is anyone driving from Bronx to SB for the interview on October 19th? If so, may I share the ride? I will compensate for your time and gas.
Interview invite!!
How was the interview guys?
How was the interview guys?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview invite!!
How was the interview guys?
Did you get a call or email?
INTERVIEW INVITE!!!
Did you get a call or email?
Did you get a call or email?
How long is the interview? What does it include? Email invite didn't specify (need to know for traveling purposes before I schedule)
2 faculty, 1 student interviews. We were out by 2 i think. so far my favorite interview because you get to spend time in the clinicu with d3 and d4 students
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 19K