****The Official Touro Class of 2023 Interview/ Acceptance Thread****

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they consider applications with 18 AA? I guess my question is, do you know anyone with 18 AA and got in?

technically you are considered since you are above their minimum requirement. however, do keep in mind that touro's class averages are going up every year. they haven't told us the stats for class of 2022 but the year before the average stats were something like 21AA and 3.4 GPA
 
technically you are considered since you are above their minimum requirement. however, do keep in mind that touro's class averages are going up every year. they haven't told us the stats for class of 2022 but the year before the average stats were something like 21AA and 3.4 GPA
They told me that there is no minimum! I got the ADEA dental guide and saw that there are people who got in with 18s. I have a strong GPA 3.91 and 20 TS so i don't really know if that makes a difference.

Have you met any of your classmates that have 18?
 
They told me that there is no minimum! I got the ADEA dental guide and saw that there are people who got in with 18s. I have a strong GPA 3.91 and 20 TS so i don't really know if that makes a difference.

Have you met any of your classmates that have 18?

okay, well in that case go for it! I haven't really talked to anyone about scores nor do people really talk about them so I couldn't tell you. During our interviewers, they put a lot of emphasis on the DAT scores and how there are several people in each class that had a 29AA or 30AA. The school is really aiming to be like Columbia. A lot of our professors also taught at columbia before transitioning here so their mindset is that the students need to have high scores. They are also increasing average class stats every year so that's why I think an 18AA may be a gamble. It's up to you to decide though.
 
Scheduled Interview for 10/31, for afternoon session.
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.37, 3.56
DAT (AA, TS, PAT, RC): 20, 19, 18, 23; none below 17
 
Scheduled Interview for 10/31, afternoon session
GPA (Science, Overall) - 3.70, 3.70
DAT (AA, TS, PAT, RC): 25, 23, 23, 22
CA Resident
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed last year and was accepted. It was super chilled and basically was just getting tp know you. I loved it there but got accepted at my state school so chose that over Touro.
 
Did everyone receive "app completed" email? I submitted my primary on June 5th and paid the supplemental fee on the same day but hasn't received an app completed email yet. I had everything completed when I submitted my app.. I'm getting a little nervous because they started to send out interviews.
 
Received interview invite yesterday!
Scheduled for the afternoon interview session on 11/7.
application verified on 6/27, but committee letter was submitted on 7/11.
 
Did everyone receive "app completed" email? I submitted my primary on June 5th and paid the supplemental fee on the same day but hasn't received an app completed email yet. I had everything completed when I submitted my app.. I'm getting a little nervous because they started to send out interviews.
I received an application update email from them, saying that my application was completed.
 
Okay.. I’m getting really nervous. Should I email touro about it..? Or just wait?
I would say email them since you submitted everything in the early June. It's a little weird that you haven't received the confirmation email from them.
 
Just curious why this school has first interviews this late (Oct 31st)?
 
Interview invite #1!
Career Changer/2nd application cycle

Submitted: 7/13/18
Residency: NY
oGPA: 3.63
sGPA: 3.87
21 AA/ 21 TS/ 18 BIO/ GC 24/ 25 OC/ 21 PAT/ 19 QR/ 21 RC
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got my interview last week, application recieved 7/24

Does Touro give out a lot of interviews compared to other schools?
 
I tried calling their office today to schedule my interview but no one picked up- called them like 5 times. Did anyone else have this problem?
 
For those of you who received interview from Touro, how should be our picture that we have to email to them?
 
Just wanted to check if most of you have your status still saying "Application Complete" for Touro? Are any of your statuses saying "Under Review" yet? And for those of you who received interviews, has your status changed now?
 
Just wanted to check if most of you have your status still saying "Application Complete" for Touro? Are any of your statuses saying "Under Review" yet? And for those of you who received interviews, has your status changed now?

My status shows as “none” on the ADEA ADSAS portal, received an interview in July. Couple of my schools that I have an interview for say the same thing. But, other schools I’ve received interviews from say “invited for interview” and one school even says “under review” still.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the portal status. Best of luck this cycle!
 
Ok, just wanted to identify the schools that are active on AADSAS and those who aren't. Now I can tell myself to relax for Touro and not care so much about my status with them - doesn't mean a thing for my chances. Thanks! :luck:
 
Got an interview today for December!

Submitted: 7/29/18
Residency: CA
oGPA: 3.58
sGPA: 3.51
21 AA/ 19 TS/ 19 BIO/ 21 GC/ 18 OC/ 20 PAT/ 21 QR/ 25 RC
 
Interview #2
School: Touro
Notification date: 9/13
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/9
Application complete date: 8/24 (waiting for official DAT scores)
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/22/23/QR15
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/12 or 12/19 at 2 sessions/day, selected 12/19 - session I
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed last year and was accepted. It was super chilled and basically was just getting tp know you. I loved it there but got accepted at my state school so chose that over Touro.

hi would you be able to tell me more specifics about the interview? how many people interview you? how many are interviewed in one session?
Also do you know how many out of state people they accept?

Thank you in advance for your time!
 
hi would you be able to tell me more specifics about the interview? how many people interview you? how many are interviewed in one session?
Also do you know how many out of state people they accept?

Thank you in advance for your time!

Assuming nothing has changed:
There is only 1 interview and it is 1 on 1, just you and the interviewer. It's completely open ended and up to the interviewer and you to just have a discussion.
There's probably like 30 people? at each session. I don't know exactly, but it's not a small group. This doesn't really affect anything...
Your state is irrelevant, no priority is given to any home state.
 
hi would you be able to tell me more specifics about the interview? how many people interview you? how many are interviewed in one session?
Also do you know how many out of state people they accept?

Thank you in advance for your time!
Hi, sorry for the delay.

Each session probably has about 20 people, but I am basing this number off of my interview session so I'm not entirely sure. The interview is one on one and the topics very. Some people may have had open ended ones but for me, my interviewer completely reviewed my application and asked me about each of my activities (from my DAT score to my volunteer work). There is a decent number of OOS students. But the school doesn't have preference over in-state students.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.