****The Official Touro Class of 2023 Interview/ Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interviewing here in January, super excited!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What date? I am there for Jan 23rd (morning session)! If anyone else selected this date HMU :hello:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope still waiting. Idk if you were in my interview group I was the first post December group to interview two days after the 3rd. But I called margarita today and she said it could take up to three weeks.. and Im mad upset because Jason told us hell get a decision to us in 7-10 days BC since the decision day fell on the 3rd this year that first group being interviewed after the December 1st date .. we would be in consideration with all the people who interviewed prior to December first, which isn’t many because they started interviews in November but still. I got my email notification to interview way back in August 10th and there just wasn’t any space for me to interview in november so I had to choose December 5th. I’m very frustrated but there’s literally nothing I can do so lol ... when did you interview?
Oh! I hope you hear from them soon! I interviewed yesterday (dec. 12)

I stalked the crap out of last years thread and was foolishly expecting to hear back within 24 hours of my interview just like everyone else did last year. Demaio did tell us to inform him if we needed a decision sooner than the 2-3 weeks they mentioned if we had already been accepted to a school, so I emailed him. anyone on the same boat??

I stalked the crap out of last years thread and was foolishly expecting to hear back within 24 hours of my interview just like everyone else did last year. Demaio did tell us to inform him if we needed a decision sooner than the 2-3 weeks they mentioned if we had already been accepted to a school, so I emailed him. anyone on the same boat??
Wow he didn't tell us nothing like that lol .. but yeah same iw as expecting to hear the next damn day but I was wrong. going on day 9 now... lmao he said 7-10 days but idk if he meant business days ? especially now since the holiday season is here, I'm not sure how frequently they'll be corresponding but Who knows... Good luck!!!

I have a question if each interview session has 20-30 people ==> let’s say they interview 50 people a day (since there are 2 sessions) and each interview is around 30 minutes one-on-one, how is that even possible?

Wow he didn't tell us nothing like that lol .. but yeah same iw as expecting to hear the next damn day but I was wrong. going on day 9 now... lmao he said 7-10 days but idk if he meant business days ? especially now since the holiday season is here, I'm not sure how frequently they'll be corresponding but Who knows... Good luck!!!
exactly! hoping you get a response soon, good luck to you too!!

lol i did too. i think reading those posts from people that heard within 24hrs put my hopes up! i felt my interview went well. I just need to be patient and wait for the 3 week mark.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question if each interview session has 20-30 people ==> let’s say they interview 50 people a day (since there are 2 sessions) and each interview is around 30 minutes one-on-one, how is that even possible?
Multiple interviewers

Have you heard anything from touro yet?

What date? I am there for Jan 23rd (morning session)! If anyone else selected this date HMU :hello:
I'm interviewing in the afternoon session that day!

Are you hanging around Valhalla for the night after your interview?

When did you interview? And how do you think it went?
I interviewed dec 12 and found out yesterday that i was waitlisted! i was actually shocked cause out of the 3 interviews i have been to i felt this one was the strongest!

I interviewed dec 12 and found out yesterday that i was waitlisted! i was actually shocked cause out of the 3 interviews i have been to i felt this one was the strongest!
Stay positive it does not mean you are a no! Same happened to me at Buffalo only they called me to ask if I was still interested after Dec 3 and then wait listed me

has anyone's status changed from "invited to interview" to "none" after they received an invitation to interview? I have my interview in late January, and this change of status just happened to me.

has anyone's status changed from "invited to interview" to "none" after they received an invitation to interview? I have my interview in late January, and this change of status just happened to me.
Did you schedule your interview yet? I think they change it back to None after the interview has been scheduled.

When did you interview? And how do you think it went?
I interviewed on Dec 5th.
I thought it went well. I have to admit that Im a very strong applicant but my DAT score is weak and seeing as its open file, they deftiniley went to town about why I scored the same score twice. It b others me only because once you get an interview, you should be on the same playing field as everyone else I feel like - it should be a matter of getting to know you and not to bring out your weak points but anything on your app is fair game. In addition, I know she asked because they want to see how you can handle tough situations and tough questions without being able to think about it but bc I anticipated that answer I absolutely practiced what I would say. Overall I think my interview went well but of the whole 30 mins she spent about 15 talking about my DT and 15 about why I wanted to be a dentist. I got frustrated because she kept asking what was the defining moment when I absolutely knew I wanted to be a dentist and I respectfully said that my entire personal statement was based on the idea that there wasn't just a single moment it was a compilation of moments and a process for me to come to realize that I wanted to be a dentist and it was only through my experiences, all put together, that I knew that! I think she wanted to hear this like super amazing defining moment or epiphany that I should've had but I didnt lol. over all my interviewer was extremely nice. she acknowledged that while I took the test twice and received the same score, she acknowledged that I was in an extreamly trying major while working 3 part time jobs. she ackoweldfed that all my extracurriculars are there, all my dental experience was definitely there and my Gpa is there, but the DAT is where I lacked. She said she will always advocate for anyone she interviews but she has to be honest with getting the committee on board with weather or not I deserve a shot...... then she asked me how could I make up for the lack of dexterity and perceptual ability in real life - if I had any skills. I said I played viola for years because I did. it bothers me though that I can tell she didnt read my whole app because if she did she would know about that skill and additionally about dentistry as a career for me being a "process" and not an immediate "I wanna do it" decision. she would've definitely got that if she read my personal statement and the section of the AADSAS app that asks about manual dexterity. but overall it was really good I love this school and right now its my second choice ONLY because Im interviewing at NYU and I think I'll hear form NYU before I hear from them :/

Good luck to you!
18 AA twice with a few 15s...... and 3.5 overall, 3.4 science, dental assistant full time.

I thought it went well. I have to admit that Im a very strong applicant but my DAT score is weak and seeing as its open file, they deftiniley went to town about why I scored the same score twice. It b others me only because once you get an interview, you should be on the same playing field as everyone else I feel like - it should be a matter of getting to know you and not to bring out your weak points but anything on your app is fair game. In addition, I know she asked because they want to see how you can handle tough situations and tough questions without being able to think about it but bc I anticipated that answer I absolutely practiced what I would say. Overall I think my interview went well but of the whole 30 mins she spent about 15 talking about my DT and 15 about why I wanted to be a dentist. I got frustrated because she kept asking what was the defining moment when I absolutely knew I wanted to be a dentist and I respectfully said that my entire personal statement was based on the idea that there wasn't just a single moment it was a compilation of moments and a process for me to come to realize that I wanted to be a dentist and it was only through my experiences, all put together, that I knew that! I think she wanted to hear this like super amazing defining moment or epiphany that I should've had but I didnt lol. over all my interviewer was extremely nice. she acknowledged that while I took the test twice and received the same score, she acknowledged that I was in an extreamly trying major while working 3 part time jobs. she ackoweldfed that all my extracurriculars are there, all my dental experience was definitely there and my Gpa is there, but the DAT is where I lacked. She said she will always advocate for anyone she interviews but she has to be honest with getting the committee on board with weather or not I deserve a shot...... then she asked me how could I make up for the lack of dexterity and perceptual ability in real life - if I had any skills. I said I played viola for years because I did. it bothers me though that I can tell she didnt read my whole app because if she did she would know about that skill and additionally about dentistry as a career for me being a "process" and not an immediate "I wanna do it" decision. she would've definitely got that if she read my personal statement and the section of the AADSAS app that asks about manual dexterity. but overall it was really good I love this school and right now its my second choice ONLY because Im interviewing at NYU and I think I'll hear form NYU before I hear from them :/

Good luck to you!
18 AA twice with a few 15s...... and 3.5 overall, 3.4 science, dental assistant full time.
Heyy i also had a problem at touro kinda like yours with them not being ready and fully over my app..pm me if you can pls i couldnt pm you. I am waitlisted from nyu and waiting to hear from them. wbu ?

Hi Everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. I have an interview here late in January and from seeing everyone’s post, does anyone know if they are still interviewing for seats or is it for the waitlist? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Heyy i also had a problem at touro kinda like yours with them not being ready and fully over my app..pm me if you can pls i couldnt pm you. I am waitlisted from nyu and waiting to hear from them. wbu ?
Where you waitlisted at touro?

Good luck to you!
When did you submit your app? I am still waiting for an interview from NYU and I was wait-listed from Buffalo. I was fully confirmed and verified like October 18th I think.

Mine did the same

When did you submit your app? I am still waiting for an interview from NYU and I was wait-listed from Buffalo. I was fully confirmed and verified like October 18th I think.
Ooooo I applied much earlier :-/. I applied to both NYU, Touro and UB around the same time, though I have to admit I applied to UB first and I waited to get paid so I wouldn't feel awful about throwing like 900 dollars on my credit card so I truly did apply to UB first. But a week later I applied to NYU and Touro and the others but these are the only 3 I really care about. UB I think I was verified in like... before the end of July because I got my LOR's in way early. So the only thing that they were waiting for was me to do my transcripts really and I did those. I received my first invite to Touro on Aug 10th and there was only one interview spot available for the one I was forced to chose which was in November, but I ended up having to do the december 5th interview. it's because I didnt even get an email notification for Touro. I got it for UB when I was at work and I looked over my AADSAS app and Touro said "invited for interview" and I didnt even realize that until I looked back in my email to confirm it and low and behold was an invite from Touro lol.
Needless to say I applied relatively early, no later than July 20th from what I remember. I got invites to all three schools, first UB I interviewed on September24th and got wait listed two weeks ago.

I interviewed at Touro Dec 5th and got wait listed just this week.

Now Im waiting to interview at NYU January 7th. I'm praying it goes well. PM me if you need anymore info (Y)

Does anyone know which code we use for FAFSA? Unsure if we would use Touro NY code: 010142 or NYMC code: 002784

Have you heard anything from touro yet?
Hey! I got waitlisted, but fortunately I got into two other schools. When I left TCDM, I had an inkling that I didn't get in. My interview unfortunately didn't go as well as I wanted. If anyone wants advice, feel free to message me! good luck to those interviewing in January and CONGRATS on those that got accepted!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey! I got waitlisted, but fortunately I got into two other schools. When I left TCDM, I had an inkling that I didn't get in. My interview unfortunately didn't go as well as I wanted. If anyone wants advice, feel free to message me! good luck to those interviewing in January and CONGRATS on those that got accepted!
Congrats! may i ask you what your stats are? I also was wait listed at touro and touro is one of my top choices! hoping to get in soon!

Does anyone know which code we use for FAFSA? Unsure if we would use Touro NY code: 010142 or NYMC code: 002784
I finally finished filling out my FAFSA and I used NYMC in Valhalla, NY. I noticed the code for Touro College had it located in New York, NY, where they do have one on 31st St. so it must be referring to a separate campus from the one we'll attend.

I finally finished filling out my FAFSA and I used NYMC in Valhalla, NY. I noticed the code for Touro College had it located in New York, NY, where they do have one on 31st St. so it must be referring to a separate campus from the one we'll attend.
That location might be for the law school, but don't quote me lol

Accepted email 9:06 am. Interviewed on 12/19. Aadsas portal changed to offer made.

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #2
School: Touro
Notification date: 9/13
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/9
Application complete date: 8/24 (waiting for official DAT scores)
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/22/23/QR15
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/12 or 12/19 at 2 sessions/day, selected 12/19 - session I

ACCEPTANCE #1!
Email received 6:06am PST (9:06 EST).

Did you receive an email that you were waitlisted? I interviewed December 12, and I still haven’t heard anything.

Did you receive an email that you were waitlisted? I interviewed December 12, and I still haven’t heard anything.

Hi, I interviewed 12/12 too. I got an email for acceptance on 12/18!
Keep your head up, there is plenty of time! Hope this helps, and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Happy New Years!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.