****The Official Tufts University Class of 2017 Acceptance Thread****

I heard from others on my interview day that they were asked ethical questions. I wasn't though.

My questions were, why dentistry, how do you handle stress, how do you manage time, do you have good hand skills, are you good at teaching others, do you think dentistry is evolving...I think that was it! Then I spent a lot a lot of time asking questions about the school. Look at the course schedule and you can come up with some pretty specific questions.

Members don't see this ad.

They asked me if I prefer to be a leader or a follower in a group setting, and what I would do if someone in my group started slacking... Plus other generic questions such as why dentistry, why this school, etc.

Me too... :( ahhhh! I'm simultaneously worrying over Dec 3rd decisions and the lack of response from Tufts!! My only consolation is I haven't heard back about a rejection...!

Members don't see this ad :)
"Please check back on December 3 for more information regarding your decision status with this school"

The rumor mill is churning out the impression that this means rejection. Info anyone?

Mine just changed to that too! Why did you say nvm?

I believe that most schools are changing their status to that.

I said it because I decided to not be scared that it means rejection (like some were saying on these threads) and just to wait it out until Monday (hopefully midnight).

Did you have an interview there? My status has not changed..

Yes my status changed from invited for interview to check back on dec 3rd.

Did you have an interview?

Hey did anyone check their mobile portal for aadsas? On mine it says offer made!

Members don't see this ad :)
Mobile portal updated to "Offer Made"!

So long as AADSAS isn't wigging out...

I'm Tufts '17!!!! Woooo!!!!!

:hello:

Would you guys mind sharing your stats if you don't have them up somewhere visible like your signature?

My AADSAS updated somewhere around 7:30AM Pacific Time. I got into UOP, Western, and Tufts on AADSAS, NYU emailed me at 6:31AM Eastern Time. YAY!!!!

I interviewed at Tufts on 11/13, on 12/1 AADSAS updated to check back Dec 3rd, now it says Offer Made! :)

What's up people! Congratulations to all. This is nothing to sneeze at. The regular AADSAS portal is now reporting "Offer Made". I'll most likely be making the deposit to hold my seat. Good luck to everyone else.

Here's the embarrassing thing: I tried, but I had no friends to invite (aka I am not fb friends w any 2017ers) so I thought it wouldn't be great to leave an empty group.

I've never made one before. Should I form it and sit in it alone?

Will others join :oops:?

Hellllsss to the yea! I really need that letter so this acceptance is official. I'm getting nervous thinking this isn't real and just some cruel joke =( .

NDPitch, what's your top choice besides UConn??

bump- hopefully soon!!! I have been so anxious.. first batch applicant and this is one of my top choices (I'm from Mass)

Interviewed today - last interview day for the calendar year. Thanks Tufts for an amazing day and experience!

Just got my interview invitation today for Jan 4, 7, 8 or 9!! I'll be there either the 7th or 8th... SO EXCITED!! Especially with the high rates of acceptance after interview!!!

Hellllsss to the yea! I really need that letter so this acceptance is official. I'm getting nervous thinking this isn't real and just some cruel joke =( .

NDPitch, what's your top choice besides UConn??

Tufts is probably second to UConn. But I'm on the waitlist there, so for now I suppose Tufts is number 1.

Has anyone received anything from them? I just got today's mail, and nothing. Not even an email either. All I have is "Offer Made" on AADSAS.

I just got their acceptance packet. I live in NY.

Hey guys does anyone know if at Tufts you have to do all your own lab work or do they have dental technicians at the school who do that for you?

Also anybody else out there who interviewed 11/29?!! I'm dying to find out!!

What the deuce?! I live 20 minutes from the school and have nothing, haha.

Haha, nice. I haven't gotten mine yet either.

Faye, nope. I interviewed the 27th of November! Not too sure about the lab work but I'm assuming you have to do your own. I feel like that's part of the "dental school experience".

Haha, nice. I haven't gotten mine yet either.

Faye, nope. I interviewed the 27th of November! Not too sure about the lab work but I'm assuming you have to do your own. I feel like that's part of the "dental school experience".

Hey thanks iDentastic, I was just wondering because I know some schools do have a professional lab that they send the stuff to so the students don't do the majority of it. Not like that would ever turn me away from Tufts!!! Haha ill do whatever they tell me!
Those of us who interviewed the 29th have to wait until next week because adcom meets Thursdays. So unfortunately won't hear news until then, but Tufts is my top choice, I cannot wait! Hopefully will be hear the good news soon and joining the D17 FB group! Fingers crossed!

Hey thanks iDentastic, I was just wondering because I know some schools do have a professional lab that they send the stuff to so the students don't do the majority of it. Not like that would ever turn me away from Tufts!!! Haha ill do whatever they tell me!
Those of us who interviewed the 29th have to wait until next week because adcom meets Thursdays. So unfortunately won't hear news until then, but Tufts is my top choice, I cannot wait! Hopefully will be hear the good news soon and joining the D17 FB group! Fingers crossed!

Great to hear! I'm sure the interview went really well, right??? I'm also leaning HEAVILY towards Tufts, however, I do want to keep all my options open until the very end. Maybe we might be classmates in fricken' BOSTON! :)

Last edited:
Great to hear! I'm sure the interview went really well, right??? I'm also leaning HEAVILY towards Tufts, however, I do want to keep all my options open until the very end. Maybe we might be classmates in fricken' BOSTON! :)

OFFER MADE!!!!!!! Already joined the facebook group hahahaha I guess the interview went well....:cool:

I'm in as well! Hooray for options :)

Whoah. Looks like ADCOM is working quickly. Interviewed this past Tues (12/4) and just got notice on AADSAS.

OFFER MADE!

I still have not received the offer packet! Does anyone know if there is a computer requirement at Tufts?

They said no specific computer requirement. PC or mac, doesn't matter.

Has everyone already received the acceptance packet?

When is Tufts sending out the next wave of invites for interviews?

When is Tufts sending out the next wave of invites for interviews?

I got an interview invite about 30 minutes ago. I'll be withdrawing my application since I already got into my top schools, so I'll hope for it to go your way!