****The Official Tufts University Class of 2017 Acceptance Thread****

Tuition is 60k, as is most private schools (tuition only).

http://dental.tufts.edu/admissions/...ormationcost-of-attendance/cost-of-education/

Living expenses vary depending on where you live. Not everyone can afford or will want to live in Boston. In addition, almost every institution (undergrad, varying professional schools, etc.) are raising their tuition annually. I don't see how this sets Tufts apart. Tufts is expensive, yes, I am not denying that. But pull some numbers for other private schools and compare their tuitions. It's pretty close, that's all I'm trying to say. Tufts is expensive. So are many other private dental schools.

Haha you should look at the "total billed costs" instead of "tuition" in the link you gave. Tuition should really include all of the additional fees that we have to pay to the school. Tufts is definitely more expensive than the avg private school... You can take a look at other schools like USC, Creighton, Harvard, etc. to compare prices. It's easily 10-20k more expensive. So yeah, I'd have to agree with upperbyte; most ppl who get accepted to Tufts decline due to the cost.

Members don't see this ad.

Keeping your need to be right to yourself, on such minor technicalities....comes with maturity.

Nothing I said warranted an explanation. But please, let me know how close your bill comes to being 75K.

Haha you should look at the "total billed costs" instead of "tuition" in the link you gave. Tuition should really include all of the additional fees that we have to pay to the school. Tufts is definitely more expensive than the avg private school... You can take a look at other schools like USC, Creighton, Harvard, etc. to compare prices. It's easily 10-20k more expensive. So yeah, I'd have to agree with upperbyte; most ppl who get accepted to Tufts decline due to the cost.
I think that cost of attendance is the number you are looking for...Tufts if 97k and USC is 114k:

http://dentistry.usc.edu/programs/dds/cost-of-attendance/

Members don't see this ad :)
If I were choosing between Tufts, BU SoM, and Harvard (very doubtful I'll get into Harvard though), why should I choose Tufts? My gut is telling me Tufts but I can't justify it. How did you choose??

Thanks so much! :)

Hello! I just received an interview invitation! :)

I was given the option to choose between 2/21 and 2/25. I would love to take the 21st but I would have to miss a lot of my classes....Also, the flight would be about $200 more if I were to interview on the 25th.. Do you think there is a huge difference between the two interview dates?

Thank you!

I was given the option to choose between 2/21 and 2/25. I would love to take the 21st but I would have to miss a lot of my classes....Also, the flight would be about $200 more if I were to interview on the 25th.. Do you think there is a huge difference between the two interview dates?

Thank you!

On the day I interviewed they told us that the admissions committee meets on Fridays so I think it would be preferable to be a Friday earlier on the 21st, but in reality it probably doesn't make much difference.

If I were choosing between Tufts, BU SoM, and Harvard (very doubtful I'll get into Harvard though), why should I choose Tufts? My gut is telling me Tufts but I can't justify it. How did you choose??

Thanks so much! :)

Well, overall I believe the distinction between TUFTS and BU is easy

TUFTS has better environment, and better clinical practice, more preparation for BOARDS....

HARVARD vs TUFTS is a little bit harder and depends on what you look for in a DENTAL SCHOOL.

RESEARCH oriented you want to go to HARVARD

CLINICAL oriented you want to go to TUFTS

While Harvard does give you the IVY LEAGUE prestige, TUFTS is also renowned for one of the best dental schools in east coast.

so in terms of recognition i don't think you lose from either one :laugh::laugh:

Thank you!

I just received an interview invite for those dates too! trying to get the Thursday date! can't wait!

interview next week--can anyone else share the questions they were asked? this is so helpful! thanks in advance!!

Congrats to everyone who received interview invites from Tufts... Tufts is an amazing school. Some of the questions that I was asked were: why dentistry, why Tufts, what's your strength, where do you see yourself in ten years, etc... just generic DS interview questions. To find more info about their interview process and the questions that they might throw at you, check out http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/tusdm/survey/26. GL guys

Hello! I have an interview at Tufts next Monday and I am really excited about this!!!

I was wondering.. could someone, who interviewed already, please tell me if there was an essay that interviewees had to write?? I heard this from someone but I couldn't remember if it was Tufts or another school that made interviewees write something during the interview...

Thank you!

Hello! I have an interview at Tufts next Monday and I am really excited about this!!!

I was wondering.. could someone, who interviewed already, please tell me if there was an essay that interviewees had to write?? I heard this from someone but I couldn't remember if it was Tufts or another school that made interviewees write something during the interview...

Thank you!

There was no essay at Tufts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone applied really late and still waiting to hear back?

I applied in november and already had my interiview, if thats what you mean by late?

I applied in november and already had my interiview, if thats what you mean by late?

When was your interview? I heard they don't take too long after to get back to you after your interview.

Last friday, I hope they dont take long. The suspense is brutal!

Declined my interview invite today, so one more spot should be sent out soon hopefully! Goodluck to everyone!

My stats are very average.

oGPA: 3.62
sGPA: 3.44
DAT: AA - 19, QR - 16, RC - 22, PAT - 22
I have a couple hundred hours of shadow/volunteer work, but I am very involved on my campus.

I have a couple hundred hours of shadow/volunteer work, but I am very involved on my campus.
Awesome job, sounds like me! Fingers crossed :)

Apparently they are meeting today to make the decisions on the last batch of interviewees and will be meeting once every two weeks?

Apparently they are meeting today to make the decisions on the last batch of interviewees and will be meeting once every two weeks?
Did they tell u this or are u asking?

This is correct, I interviewed on Monday, and the committee is meeting today for the interviews that happened this week.

Wow.. that's awesome!! Good luck!!

Congrats to everyone who received interview invites from Tufts... Tufts is an amazing school. Some of the questions that I was asked were: why dentistry, why Tufts, what's your strength, where do you see yourself in ten years, etc... just generic DS interview questions. To find more info about their interview process and the questions that they might throw at you, check out http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/tusdm/survey/26. GL guys

thank you so much!!

Is it best to contact Tufts via phone or Email? I know some schools have a preference. 19AA/19TS/21PAT; 3.5 GPA; 3.25 sGPA with a 4 year HPSP scholarship and good ECs and good shadowing. I am also OOS.

Tufts has updated the portal today as I found out late this afternoon that I was officially accepted after interviewing on Monday. I definitely have a tough decision on my hands after being accepted to UMD and Tufts, but blessed to put into this situation. Best of luck to everyone still waiting and I hope good news awaits your future.

Last edited:
are they going to send us something in the mail now? :highfive:

for anybody who had an interview today, did they tell u guys stats about how many spots there were left?!

for anybody who had an interview today, did they tell u guys stats about how many spots there were left?!
I interviewed yesterday. They don't give you the exacts. They just sent out 150 acceptances, they said they usually get about a 50% return on accepting students. They have accepted about 86 so far, so 86+75.....for a class size of about 185. You can get a feel for what is left.

I interviewed yesterday. They don't give you the exacts. They just sent out 150 acceptances, they said they usually get about a 50% return on accepting students. They have accepted about 86 so far, so 86+75.....for a class size of about 185. You can get a feel for what is left.

How many people were interviewed yesterday? Is it still about 15 or is it less because its Feb now...?

So assuming that your predictions are correct, then I can assume that my interview on Feb 12th will either be for significantly less spots or will merely just be for an alternate spot?" bummer...haha

hmm if your interview is on feb 12 then your in the same pool as me. mine is one feb 11 and the admission lady did say that we were in the same pool as the people who have interview this week. But still. if they sent out 150 acceptances already and half of them will accept... that still leaves very little seats left :(