You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UCLA Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by changtw
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
there's no specific time frame, but they suggest you finish it in 2-3 weeks. So I would make sure to finish it in 2-3 weeks lolDoes anyone happen to know how long we have to complete the application for UCLA? Thanks! 🙂
Yeah, that's what I was shooting for anyway! Thanks 🙂there's no specific time frame, but they suggest you finish it in 2-3 weeks. So I would make sure to finish it in 2-3 weeks lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know if this is okay to ask. But is anyone willing to send me a PDF of the secondary app so I can get started on it? Thanks.
Edit: Nvm, just received the app.
Edit: Nvm, just received the app.
Last edited:
Just submit my 2nd app, but I have very less hope to get in UCLA.
You submitted primary & secondary when?I just checked School Decisions on AADSAS and UCLA already posted my status - Received/Application Complete. Figured I should let you all know!
Nice! Mine updated to that status within a day or two of getting the secondary too, so it seems like they're pretty quick on checking it and making sure it's kosher and stuff.I just checked School Decisions on AADSAS and UCLA already posted my status - Received/Application Complete. Figured I should let you all know!
Just to confirm, you all didn't receive the secondary until your application was complete? Well.. as complete as it could be without the supplemental?
UCLA is asking about offenses in their secondary app. I have two speeding tickets where the fine was over $200, so since I'm not going to lie, I added them to the question. Are the traffic tickets something that will affect my application?
UCLA is asking about offenses in their secondary app. I have two speeding tickets where the fine was over $200, so since I'm not going to lie, I added them to the question. Are the traffic tickets something that will affect my application?
Speeding to help a dental patient in need, right? 😉
I got the application just by submitting the AADSAS application. I received mine today and my mail out date was 7-15Just to confirm, you all didn't receive the secondary until your application was complete? Well.. as complete as it could be without the supplemental?
Ha! I think I'm just being paranoid about it and it'll be okay. It's not like I was drinking and driving.Speeding to help a dental patient in need, right? 😉
I don't remember the exact wording of the app but I really don't think you need to mention speeding ticketsUCLA is asking about offenses in their secondary app. I have two speeding tickets where the fine was over $200, so since I'm not going to lie, I added them to the question. Are the traffic tickets something that will affect my application?
I got the application just by submitting the AADSAS application. I received mine today and my mail out date was 7-15
Did you have everything completed, meaning your application and DAT scores?
Yes I did.Did you have everything completed, meaning your application and DAT scores?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I had a question regarding the format of the secondary app. On the email, it states you cannot save the information on the form if you are using Adobe Reader or using a Mac. However I am using Adobe Reader on my Mac and it seems to be saved. How did you guys submit it? Did you print it and scan it, or did you just submit it the way it was? I'm so confused 🙁 Also, if we want to attach our publication, is it ok to send a separate PDF or should we combine the two PDFs to create a single file?
Thanks guys!
Thanks guys!
Here is what it says on the application.I don't remember the exact wording of the app but I really don't think you need to mention speeding tickets
"Have you even been convicted or pleaded no contest to any offense, misdemeanor, or felony in any state, the United States, or a foreign country? (Except violation in traffic laws resulting in fines of $200 or less)"
Oh ok thanks! Did you have any trouble with some of the space that was given? For example, for the time attended for university, my month/year got cut off so I'm wondering if that will be an issue.I used Preview on my Mac and it worked fine sending it as a pdf
Strange wording. Then yeah I'd put it just to be safe but it won't affect your app at all.Here is what it says on the application.
"Have you even been convicted or pleaded no contest to any offense, misdemeanor, or felony in any state, the United States, or a foreign country? (Except violation in traffic laws resulting in fines of $200 or less)"
It gets cut off on your end but they see everything. Somehow, I really don't know how, but yeah. I asked last year about it.Yeah I had to make a new text box in that case :/ it does get cut off in those alotted boxes
My application was mailed out on 7/15 and I still haven't received secondary from UCLA. Should I be worried?
Oh ok good to know thank you! Do you remember if you submitted the PDF with the fillable forms or did you flatten the PDF so that they couldn't change it?It gets cut off on your end but they see everything. Somehow, I really don't know how, but yeah. I asked last year about it.
noMy application was mailed out on 7/15 and I still haven't received secondary from UCLA. Should I be worried?
can't remember :\ I'd guess submitting with fillable forms would be safe though so I probably did that. I'm sure someone else on here submitting this year will chime inOh ok good to know thank you! Do you remember if you submitted the PDF with the fillable forms or did you flatten the PDF so that they couldn't change it?
and if I remember correctly, I think some people I know last cycle hand wrote their secondaries. is that an option still?
How long after submitting the secondary did it update?I just checked School Decisions on AADSAS and UCLA already posted my status - Received/Application Complete. Figured I should let you all know!
Received the supplemental! Without my DAT scores being submitted yet! Normal ? I read earlier in the thread that it isn't.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Could you tell us when your AADSAS was mailed out?? Thanks!! And I don't think they will start to review your application (including supplemental) until they get your DAT score.Received the supplemental! Without my DAT scores being submitted yet! Normal ? I read earlier in the thread that it isn't.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Mailed on 7/22, still haven't received mineCould you tell us when your AADSAS was mailed out?? Thanks!! And I don't think they will start to review your application (including supplemental) until they get your DAT score.
same hereMailed on 7/22, still haven't received mine
I appreciate your input!Date designated: 06/29/2016
Date Mailed: 07/15/2016
-- w/o DAT scores.
Received the email 08/11/2016
Yeah I had to make a new text box in that case :/ it does get cut off in those alotted boxes
Which program did you use to fill out the secondary to allow you to make new text boxes?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I used preview on Mac but apparently ucla can read whatever gets cut off (see above) 🙂
I see...the idea of leaving my answers cut off doesn't feel right though. Maybe I'm just extra paranoid... If UCLA doesn't have anything against creating text boxes to answer the questions, I might just try that instead.
I only used text boxes for the school section since I couldn't fit anything there like the dates of attendance and awards. I thought that was okay since it's an informational part. Other than that I kept my essays to fit the sections!
Ahh thanks for the clarification!
Does anyone know how to lock the forms on the PDF so they cannot be changed by anyone else?
I believe if you "print" the document and change method to "PDF," they won't be able to access the text boxes you used while drafting.Does anyone know how to lock the forms on the PDF so they cannot be changed by anyone else?
Do you think it's bad if we just left it the way it was? Without locking it?I believe if you "print" the document and change method to "PDF," they won't be able to access the text boxes you used while drafting.
I doubt the Office of Admissions will mind!Do you think it's bad if we just left it the way it was? Without locking it?
I think for the previous poster, they wanted to ask someone to look over the doc for content and grammar and didn't want them to make direct edits.
The application cycle is really stressful, so totally understandable!I'm sorry but I'm a bit paranoid now.. I created text boxes for my responses. Theres no harm in doing that right?
When I applied, I didn't create text boxes and didn't go over the allotted space in the essay portion, out of fear that the ADCOM wouldn't be able to view the additional text. But this was also because I used the "print to PDF" function to stay within the 5 mb limit.
From my experiences thus far, they seem really flexible! For the listed courses where some people opted to create text boxes, I opted to shorten whatever words I could. Example: University of Southern California became Univ. of Southern CA.
If you're concerned, Noemi is very helpful and responds to emails quickly. I'd shoot her a quick email.
Anybody whose AADSAS app was mailed out on 7/22, but has not received supplemental application from UCLA, please raise their right foot!
Right here with you buddyAnybody whose AADSAS app was mailed out on 7/22, but has not received supplemental application from UCLA, please raise their right foot!
What do you mean by listed courses? I did not see that at all on the secondary.The application cycle is really stressful, so totally understandable!
When I applied, I didn't create text boxes and didn't go over the allotted space in the essay portion, out of fear that the ADCOM wouldn't be able to view the additional text. But this was also because I used the "print to PDF" function to stay within the 5 mb limit.
From my experiences thus far, they seem really flexible! For the listed courses where some people opted to create text boxes, I opted to shorten whatever words I could. Example: University of Southern California became Univ. of Southern CA.
If you're concerned, Noemi is very helpful and responds to emails quickly. I'd shoot her a quick email.
we're in this together my friendRight here with you buddy
My mistake. I meant somewhere in the middle where they ask you to list colleges attended, awards, degrees, timespan, etc.What do you mean by listed courses? I did not see that at all on the secondary.
My AADSAS was submitted on 7/15 and I was feeling antsy because I hadn't gotten the secondary. On a whim I checked my gmail spam and there it was, sent 8 days ago. Check your spam filter guys!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope, still nothing 🙁 Hopefully it'll come by this weekendAnyone with AADSAS mailed on 7/22 got their secondary yet?
same - also a dayI think a day after for me
Finally received supplemental email this morning. AADSAS mail out date is 7/22. Check your spam mail box if you don't see the email!
Finally received supplemental email this morning. AADSAS mail out date is 7/22. Check your spam mail box if you don't see the email!
Me too same mail out! 🙂 we panicked for nothing lolololllll
I'm still panicking! lol I have not received it yet!Me too same mail out! 🙂 we panicked for nothing lolololllll
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K