You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The OFFICIAL UConn C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
D
deleted884144
Bump.. is UConn done giving out interviews? I read that they don’t do post december interviews 😳
I just called Ms. Avolt, she said they are still giving out interviews for the end of Nov. Hopefully some of us get invites.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does that mean that UConn is giving out its last interviews of November or giving out their interviews for the last days in November still?I just called Ms. Avolt, she said they are still giving out interviews for the end of Nov. Hopefully some of us get invites.
D
deleted884144
does that mean that UConn is giving out its last interviews of November or giving out their interviews for the last days in November still?
I'm not sure I understand your question. I don't know if they also give interviews in December.
Hey guys! I'm interviewing tomorrow and would appreciate any tips/advice for those of you that have already been through it. Also, I will be driving up. Does anyone know what the parking situation is like?
Hey guys! I'm interviewing tomorrow and would appreciate any tips/advice for those of you that have already been through it. Also, I will be driving up. Does anyone know what the parking situation is like?
They have paid parking garages at uconn health for the public. make sure you check where it is before u get there, the entrance is a bit confusing.
the interview is fine, they give u a packet with a lot of info and the presentations are quite thorough. interviews happen after lunch and they have people from furthest away interview first. mine was with two faculty members
Damn mine doesn’t say that. It still says invited to interview. Wonder what that meansStatus just changed today to "check back dec. 1".....this is brutal
Damn mine doesn’t say that. It still says invited to interview. Wonder what that means
Chances are that it really doesnt mean anything.
I agree!Chances are that it really doesnt mean anything.
Mine also says check back Dec 1 but like y’all have said probably doesn’t mean much. I remember freaking out about application completr vs under review earlier this summer and that meant nothing.
Has everyones changed to check back dec 1?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
6
670206
SameStatus just changed today to "check back dec. 1".....this is brutal
Waitlisted. MA resident. Im really upset but oh well. I wish all of you the best.
Last edited:
Also have “offer made” on the AADSAS portal without an email. OOS student.
waitlisted, ny state resident 🙁
Accepted (in-state) and attending!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone know if there's a Facebook group yet? So excited!
Same!! I just paid my deposit. so pumped
I am curious, did anyone get any sort of scholarship along with their acceptance?
nopeI am curious, did anyone get any sort of scholarship along with their acceptance?
Is there a facebook group yet for the Class of 2022?
Is there a facebook group yet for the Class of 2022?
Yeah it's called UCONN School of Dental Medicine Class of 2022
can you post a link? im having trouble finding itYeah it's called UCONN School of Dental Medicine Class of 2022
Yeah it's called UCONN School of Dental Medicine Class of 2022
I also cannot find the group on Facebook. If you can post the link that would be awesome. Thank you.
I also cannot find the group on Facebook. If you can post the link that would be awesome. Thank you.
Log into Facebook | Facebook
yea I got a scholarship.I am curious, did anyone get any sort of scholarship along with their acceptance?
yea I got a scholarship.
That’s awesome congrats. Did you get it along with your acceptance email?
Thanks. And it’s not official. But I was informed the Monday after the official decisions via phone call. They said a letter would be coming “via snail mail”That’s awesome congrats. Did you get it along with your acceptance email?
I saw that earlier this year the state government tried to cut $300 million from the UConn budget over the next 2 years. President Herbst sent out a statement that drastic cuts such as these could result in the closure of UConn Health. Thankfully the cuts were negotiated down to a more managable level. I’m just curious if huge cuts were to happen in the future how would that affect us as students at the dental school. Sorry for the drawn out question and thanks for your help!Hi Everyone!
Congrats to everyone who received acceptance offers! Please let me know if you have any questions or if you want someone to talk to when deciding between schools
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw that earlier this year the state government tried to cut $300 million from the UConn budget over the next 2 years. President Herbst sent out a statement that drastic cuts such as these could result in the closure of UConn Health. Thankfully the cuts were negotiated down to a more managable level. I’m just curious if huge cuts were to happen in the future how would that affect us as students at the dental school. Sorry for the drawn out question and thanks for your help!
That’s a fair question. Honestly when I saw that email I personally laughed because they cannot just close Uconn health. With the amount of money they put into the health center in the past 10 years if they were to just close it the taxpayers of Connecticut would probably riot lol. President Herbst was trying to show that the cuts were drastic and name possible consequences if cuts continue (I think they were empty threats trying to get the representatives attention) Budget cuts are always a potential issue at every school everywhere. Personally I don’t think it will impact the dental school very much. We provide a massive service to the underserved and Medicaid population and the CT government realizes that as well as provide the greatest source of dentists for the state. Worst case scenario tuition would increase to offset costs, but it would still have to double to be close to the cost of private dental schools. If “UConn health” were ever to close they would have to close the hospital portion before the dental school because the hospital costs way more money to operate. I still don’t see any scenario where the heath center closes Hospital or the Dental/Medical schools.
Thanks for the answer that really puts my mind at easeThat’s a fair question. Honestly when I saw that email I personally laughed because they cannot just close Uconn health. With the amount of money they put into the health center in the past 10 years if they were to just close it the taxpayers of Connecticut would probably riot lol. President Herbst was trying to show that the cuts were drastic and name possible consequences if cuts continue (I think they were empty threats trying to get the representatives attention) Budget cuts are always a potential issue at every school everywhere. Personally I don’t think it will impact the dental school very much. We provide a massive service to the underserved and Medicaid population and the CT government realizes that as well as provide the greatest source of dentists for the state. Worst case scenario tuition would increase to offset costs, but it would still have to double to be close to the cost of private dental schools. If “UConn health” were ever to close they would have to close the hospital portion before the dental school because the hospital costs way more money to operate. I still don’t see any scenario where the heath center closes Hospital or the Dental/Medical schools.
Hi Everyone!
Congrats to everyone who received acceptance offers! Please let me know if you have any questions or if you want someone to talk to when deciding between schools
Is there anything in between now and when classes start? Like an accepted students day or something of that sort . And this is thinking way ahead but when should we start thinking about housing
Is there anything in between now and when classes start? Like an accepted students day or something of that sort . And this is thinking way ahead but when should we start thinking about housing
We do not have a "Second look" or any kind of accepted student day. I think I found my apartment in like March so probably around that time. A lot of people will post on the fb group about apartments available.
We do not have a "Second look" or any kind of accepted student day. I think I found my apartment in like March so probably around that time. A lot of people will post on the fb group about apartments available.
Another question:: do we have to do that certiphi (?) background check thing for UConn? It costs a good amount of money and it won't tell me all the schools that requested it. Tufts mentioned it in their email but uconn didnt say anything about it
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 31
- Views
- 13K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 4K