***The OFFICIAL UConn C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any pre December interviews left for people who recently heard back for an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Bump.. is UConn done giving out interviews? I read that they don’t do post december interviews :oops:

Bump.. is UConn done giving out interviews? I read that they don’t do post december interviews :oops:

I just called Ms. Avolt, she said they are still giving out interviews for the end of Nov. Hopefully some of us get invites.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just called Ms. Avolt, she said they are still giving out interviews for the end of Nov. Hopefully some of us get invites.
does that mean that UConn is giving out its last interviews of November or giving out their interviews for the last days in November still?

does that mean that UConn is giving out its last interviews of November or giving out their interviews for the last days in November still?

I'm not sure I understand your question. I don't know if they also give interviews in December.

Hey guys! I'm interviewing tomorrow and would appreciate any tips/advice for those of you that have already been through it. Also, I will be driving up. Does anyone know what the parking situation is like?

Hey guys! I'm interviewing tomorrow and would appreciate any tips/advice for those of you that have already been through it. Also, I will be driving up. Does anyone know what the parking situation is like?

They have paid parking garages at uconn health for the public. make sure you check where it is before u get there, the entrance is a bit confusing.
the interview is fine, they give u a packet with a lot of info and the presentations are quite thorough. interviews happen after lunch and they have people from furthest away interview first. mine was with two faculty members

Good luck tomorrow everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Status just changed today to "check back dec. 1".....this is brutal

Reactions: 1 users
Mine also says check back Dec 1 but like y’all have said probably doesn’t mean much. I remember freaking out about application completr vs under review earlier this summer and that meant nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
8:36 and still nothing :::"''''((((( I need to get something so I can move on with my day/life

Also waitlisted, OOS from Midwest, yeah disappointed too but still wish everyone good luck!

"Offer made" on AADSAS at 9:00 am! MA resident. No email as of right now.

EDIT: acceptance email at 9:47 am

Last edited:
Same, offer made on portal, no email yet. Fingers crossed!!

Accepted officially via email! NH resident.

Rejected without interview. Congrats to all that received offers!

Accepted via email at 9:46am! In state
STUDENTS TODAY HUSKIES FOREVERRRRR

Accepted! News came via email. OOS (midwest). Good luck everyone!

Blessed to be accepted, I am in-state and UCONN is my first choice!!!! Looking forward to starting this summer! So excited and thankful for this opportunity.

anyone know if there's a Facebook group yet? So excited!

Got my rejection email yesterday.. didn't even interview.

Is there a facebook group yet for the Class of 2022?

That’s awesome congrats. Did you get it along with your acceptance email?
Thanks. And it’s not official. But I was informed the Monday after the official decisions via phone call. They said a letter would be coming “via snail mail”

Hi Everyone!

Congrats to everyone who received acceptance offers! Please let me know if you have any questions or if you want someone to talk to when deciding between schools

Hi Everyone!

Congrats to everyone who received acceptance offers! Please let me know if you have any questions or if you want someone to talk to when deciding between schools
I saw that earlier this year the state government tried to cut $300 million from the UConn budget over the next 2 years. President Herbst sent out a statement that drastic cuts such as these could result in the closure of UConn Health. Thankfully the cuts were negotiated down to a more managable level. I’m just curious if huge cuts were to happen in the future how would that affect us as students at the dental school. Sorry for the drawn out question and thanks for your help!

I saw that earlier this year the state government tried to cut $300 million from the UConn budget over the next 2 years. President Herbst sent out a statement that drastic cuts such as these could result in the closure of UConn Health. Thankfully the cuts were negotiated down to a more managable level. I’m just curious if huge cuts were to happen in the future how would that affect us as students at the dental school. Sorry for the drawn out question and thanks for your help!

That’s a fair question. Honestly when I saw that email I personally laughed because they cannot just close Uconn health. With the amount of money they put into the health center in the past 10 years if they were to just close it the taxpayers of Connecticut would probably riot lol. President Herbst was trying to show that the cuts were drastic and name possible consequences if cuts continue (I think they were empty threats trying to get the representatives attention) Budget cuts are always a potential issue at every school everywhere. Personally I don’t think it will impact the dental school very much. We provide a massive service to the underserved and Medicaid population and the CT government realizes that as well as provide the greatest source of dentists for the state. Worst case scenario tuition would increase to offset costs, but it would still have to double to be close to the cost of private dental schools. If “UConn health” were ever to close they would have to close the hospital portion before the dental school because the hospital costs way more money to operate. I still don’t see any scenario where the heath center closes Hospital or the Dental/Medical schools.

That’s a fair question. Honestly when I saw that email I personally laughed because they cannot just close Uconn health. With the amount of money they put into the health center in the past 10 years if they were to just close it the taxpayers of Connecticut would probably riot lol. President Herbst was trying to show that the cuts were drastic and name possible consequences if cuts continue (I think they were empty threats trying to get the representatives attention) Budget cuts are always a potential issue at every school everywhere. Personally I don’t think it will impact the dental school very much. We provide a massive service to the underserved and Medicaid population and the CT government realizes that as well as provide the greatest source of dentists for the state. Worst case scenario tuition would increase to offset costs, but it would still have to double to be close to the cost of private dental schools. If “UConn health” were ever to close they would have to close the hospital portion before the dental school because the hospital costs way more money to operate. I still don’t see any scenario where the heath center closes Hospital or the Dental/Medical schools.
Thanks for the answer that really puts my mind at ease

Hi Everyone!

Is there anything in between now and when classes start? Like an accepted students day or something of that sort . And this is thinking way ahead but when should we start thinking about housing

Is there anything in between now and when classes start? Like an accepted students day or something of that sort . And this is thinking way ahead but when should we start thinking about housing

We do not have a "Second look" or any kind of accepted student day. I think I found my apartment in like March so probably around that time. A lot of people will post on the fb group about apartments available.

We do not have a "Second look" or any kind of accepted student day. I think I found my apartment in like March so probably around that time. A lot of people will post on the fb group about apartments available.

Another question:: do we have to do that certiphi (?) background check thing for UConn? It costs a good amount of money and it won't tell me all the schools that requested it. Tufts mentioned it in their email but uconn didnt say anything about it

Status
Not open for further replies.