***The Official UCSF Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I got the same email. Urggg. They expect us to wait??

Members don't see this ad.

Me too but I cant wait too long for the sake of my other school's acceptance. Mehh :(

Members don't see this ad :)
JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW INVITE! For January 16th, 2015. I am honestly a little surprised but am absolutely ecstatic! Would love some input from those who interviewed/were accepted regarding the interview and your thoughts on the program!

Reactions: 1 user
J
JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW INVITE! For January 16th, 2015. I am honestly a little surprised but am absolutely ecstatic! Would love some input from those who interviewed/were accepted regarding the interview and your thoughts on the program!
May I ask when they have received your supplemental application ?

Last edited:
Just an interview invite as well! Totally stoked!! I would love some input too. What a strange day to receive an invitation!

Just an interview invite as well! Totally stoked!! I would love some input too. What a strange day to receive an invitation!
May I ask when they received your supplemental application?

May I ask when they received your supplemental application?

They received it 8/26. I assume that my application was placed on the side a few weeks ago for whatever reason.

Just got an interview for 1/12!
Granted I said Im going for now but I might withdraw as I hear back from more schools.

YAY!!! SO EXCITED, INTERVIEW INVITE!!! :soexcited:...I was on my couch playing minion rush when I got the notification that UCSF sent me an email...scariest thing to open ever cause I knew it could either totally break me (rejection email) or make my day...thankfully, it was the latter :happy:

So sad that we can't change the date though, it happens to fall on a family trip in Hawaii...oh well....:shrug:

School: UCSF
Notification date: 12/4/2014
Method of notification: Email
Interview Date: Jan. 16th
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/01/2014
Supplemental Complete date: 8/15/2014
"Your file is complete" Email: 09/11/14
GPA Inc +/- (science, overall): 3.50, 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/21/22/None

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview for Jan 12! FINALLY something to brighten my day (it's been pouring on and off all week).

Ca resident.
Mail out 8/22
"Complete" email 9/18
sGPA 3.57, cGPa 3.59
AA/TS/PAT/Reading
21/21/23/22, none under 17

Rejection without interview.

Last edited:
Rejection without interview!!!
How UCSF review applications?

AA/TS/PAT: 24/25/30
GPA: 4.06
CA resident
Healthcare job experience
Reasonable amount of community service and leadership.
Research
Reapplied

Really Shocked. It was my TOP choice!
I can't believe it.
I would not be too disappointed if I were you. You have great stats and will get into a better school. It is not the most exciting place to be. I live in SF, had been to UCSF dental school many times, and know a lot of UCSF graduates. I have worked at several dental practices and have seen the difference between graduates from different schools, in every aspect. From conducting the business to creating valuable dental work, UCSF would not rank among the highest, in my opinion, at least not at the level of general dentistry. If you are thinking about getting into some specialty, then UCSF might be a good choice for that.

I would not be too disappointed if I were you. You have great stats and will get into a better school. It is not the most exciting place to be. I live in SF, had been to UCSF dental school many times, and know a lot of UCSF graduates. I have worked at several dental practices and have seen the difference between graduates from different schools, in every aspect. From conducting the business to creating valuable dental work, UCSF would not rank among the highest, in my opinion, at least not at the level of general dentistry. If you are thinking about getting into some specialty, then UCSF might be a good choice for that.
Thank you for your sympathy.

Last edited:
Thank you for your sympathy.
Last year I got accepted to three dental schools, but I reapplied only for UCSF this year. It is very disappointing.
So you have not applied to any other school?

Yes, I applied to 5 schools, but my top choice and the reason I waited one more year was UCSF.
I'm sorry that they got you so disappointed. But look at it this way, you have one more year of life experience with you, which can potentially give you an edge, plus you will be really better off in another school. UCSF is a great brand, but that is not necessarily what makes a great dentist ! Four years from now, when you are out of dental school (if you go for your other options), you'll be glad with your great potentials and all the doors that will open for you.

I'm sorry that they got you so disappointed. But look at it this way, you have one more year of life experience with you, which can potentially give you an edge, plus you will be really better off in another school. UCSF is a great brand, but that is not necessarily what makes a great dentist ! Four years from now, when you are out of dental school (if you go for your other options), you'll be glad with your great potentials and all the doors that will open for you.
thank you

Last edited:
I'm wondering if I have the right to ask for the reason of the rejection?
So, I will be able to improve any weaknesses in my application for next cycle.
I think James Betbeze may be a good person to talk to, especially if you decide to go in and talk to them in person.

Rejection without an interview :'(

sGPA/oGPA: 3.69/3.75
23 AA/ 25 TS/ 23 PAT
CA resident, undergrad at a UC
Supplemental received email: 9/19

400 hrs volunteer, 400 hrs dental experience
But no research

Interview invite for Jan 23 ... Kinda late but still thankful :bow:

Still haven't heard anything in terms of interview, should I even expect any good news to come since it is now mid-way through December?

As long as you're waitlisted, you're likely to get an enrollment offer before class convenes.

Nevermind just got rejected for an interview. Unfortunately in my top choices. Good luck all.

interviewing Jan. 16th too!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I just declined my interview invite. Hopefully one of you guys gets some good news now! Good luck to those interviewing!

I just declined my interview invite. Hopefully one of you guys gets some good news now! Good luck to those interviewing!

If you don't mind me asking, what school did you save a seat to?

Its looking like UoP with a Navy Scholarship unless I get into USC or Upenn but still nothing is final as UoP was amazing.

As you said, I emailed him and another person in the admission. No response !
If you are in the Bay Area, just go to his office! He is very nice and open to talk. If he is not there, try another time, or look for his schedule around the school. They won't tell you anything over the phone or in e-mail.

If you are in the Bay Area, just go to his office! He is very nice and open to talk. If he is not there, try another time, or look for his schedule around the school. They won't tell you anything over the phone or in e-mail.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Has anyone had trouble getting UCSF to accept a UNE biochem online course?

Interview invite for 1/30! Coming from NY so any input on reasonable hotel suggestions or transportation would be great......

Hi

I have an interview with the school on Jan 30th. Could anyone give me more details on the type of interview and questions to be asked and .....

Thanks,

That's only if everyone happened to say yes. You'll have a good chance still.
Hi Daniel
You seem to be pretty active in this page. Could you give me more details about the interview day. Mine is on the last day of Jan.
greatly appreciated

Did anyone who interviewed but didn't get an offer in December hear back from UCSF this month?

Did anyone who interviewed but didn't get an offer in December hear back from UCSF this month?
Not yet, but I called them and they said they will give out more acceptances at the end of this month.