***The Official UCSF Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

TheDanger

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for this cycle. Good luck everybody! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm surprised to see that no one added anything here, since you've started it!

Reactions: 1 user
I bet everyone is just busy filling out the secondary :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I finished mine! :) sent it yesterday.

I'm surprised to see that no one added anything here, since you've started it!
Me too!

I haven't taken the DAT yet so I don't have access to the secondary app. Would someone mind filling me in on what it consists of?

There are four main questions you have to answer: volunteer experiences, leadership, shadowing and why you should be chosen over other applicants... there is also a prereq worksheet

Last edited:
I submitted my secondary on July 23rd and AADSAS was mailed on July 7th.

The secondary has 4 essay questions and has a prereq. PDF worksheet that you need to download, complete and upload it back to the portal.

Submitted my supplemental earlier this week. Would love to go to school here, but the cost of living in SF is insane

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my supplemental invite today!

Submitted AADSAS: 7/25/14
Mailed out: 8/1/14

Got my supplemental invite today!

Submitted AADSAS: 7/25/14
Mailed out: 8/1/14

Same exact dates and got supplemental today. However, I got it under the wrong name. So I'm not 100% sure if the supplemental belongs to me or the other person. I have tried calling the admissions office and e-mailed them.

Anyone have trouble putting their course # in on the Pre-req PDF? My OChem course was CHEM 320A, but it's too long. Also, I didn't know UCSF only required 1 semester of OChem!

Anyone have trouble putting their course # in on the Pre-req PDF? My OChem course was CHEM 320A, but it's too long. Also, I didn't know UCSF only required 1 semester of OChem!

When I filled mine out and CHEM didn't fit, I just made it Chem (lowercase). It allowed for it to fit for me!

When I filled mine out and CHEM didn't fit, I just made it Chem (lowercase). It allowed for it to fit for me!
Great! I hope they aren't picky. I have to make mine "Chem320A" because "Chem 320A" still doesn't fit.

I just received an e-mail that there was an error in giving out supplementals and everything will be sorted out soon

Anyone still working on supps?

Did anyone get a confirmation e-mail after they turned in their supplemental about being under review and/or application complete? I sent in the supplemental like 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard back from them since.

No, never heard anything after I submitted the supplemental.

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my supplemental on 7/12 and then received the confirmation email on 7/30 saying that my file was complete and entering the review process. Looks like it just takes a couple weeks so hopefully you get something within the next few days.

I submitted my supplemental on 7/12 and then received the confirmation email on 7/30 saying that my file was complete and entering the review process. Looks like it just takes a couple weeks so hopefully you get something within the next few days.

Yup, your right. Just got that same e-mail. :)

I got the same mail too. I am planning to re take the DAT, but since my app entered the review already, they are not going to consider the new one.. don't know it is good or bad..

Just submitted my supplemental app. Hope I'm not too late for a pre-december interview.

Just received my supplemental app on Friday and hoping to draft it out tonight and submit by tomorrow! Out of curiosity, does anyone know what factors determine candidates receiving supplemental apps -- are they selective or they just have a cut off for gpa/DAT scores that constitutes receiving a secondary?

UCSF is my dream school and definitely my stretch school so I'm hoping for the best! :]

I got mine the same day my application was mailed out, so I'm assuming there is a cut off.

Just submitted my supplemental app. Hope I'm not too late for a pre-december interview.

Likewise (on that date).

It seems so quiet on this thread recently...no status on anything for anyone? There's certainly none for me T.T

Someone on the official interview/acceptance/rejection thread posted about a rejection from UCSF through email today.
What??????!!! So scary.. I wonder what that person's stats are...

hey guys i don't mean to scare or discourage you. i was the one who was rejected from ucsf. my grades weren't that high so maybe that could have been why. i had a 3.39 ogpa/ 3.47 sgpa 24AA 25TS 23PAT. i called them this morning and the lady was really nice but told me they do not offer personal evaluations. she did say they take on a more holistic approach to evaluating an applicant so stats aren't everything. i wish you all the best of luck!

@dentalstudentprospect2 beat me to my post. But UCSF actually looks for pretty well-rounded applicants. If you look through the threads from the last couple of years, there are people with "lower" stats that were getting interviews/acceptances. I know it's hard to imagine because of how prestigious the university is, but it is definitely a school that focuses on more than just your GPA and DAT scores. Basically, don't lose hope!

Is UCSF more of a research centered school? I had someone tell me this and I wasn't sure if everyone got that impression. Hopefully my research experience outweighs my average DAT

hey guys i don't mean to scare or discourage you. i was the one who was rejected from ucsf. my grades weren't that high so maybe that could have been why. i had a 3.39 ogpa/ 3.47 sgpa 24AA 25TS 23PAT. i called them this morning and the lady was really nice but told me they do not offer personal evaluations. she did say they take on a more holistic approach to evaluating an applicant so stats aren't everything. i wish you all the best of luck!

S*** WTF??? Those really are crazy stats though! Totally solid DAT scores...well, you'll definitely be a shoo-in for schools who like high DATs like Columbia

Reactions: 1 users
S*** WTF??? Those really are crazy stats though! Totally solid DAT scores...well, you'll definitely be a shoo-in for schools who like high DATs like Columbia
lets hope so!!! I'm passed my pessimistic phase. things can only get better. i hope

Just to double check: would you mind letting us know if u met their deadline for secondary? I have heard that missing secondary means rejection there.....

Just to double check: would you mind letting us know if u met their deadline for secondary? I have heard that missing secondary means rejection there.....

I think @dentalstudentprospect2 mentioned in another thread that they did submit the secondary before the deadline. Correct me if I'm wrong tho!

i submitted it on time and yes, i did apply to columbia but still haven't gotten an interview invite. i guess the moral of the story is, don't neglect EC's too much.