***The Official UCSF Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Started by TheDanger
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are four main questions you have to answer: volunteer experiences, leadership, shadowing and why you should be chosen over other applicants... there is also a prereq worksheet
 
Last edited:
I submitted my secondary on July 23rd and AADSAS was mailed on July 7th.

The secondary has 4 essay questions and has a prereq. PDF worksheet that you need to download, complete and upload it back to the portal.
 
Submitted my supplemental earlier this week. Would love to go to school here, but the cost of living in SF is insane
 
Got my supplemental invite today!

Submitted AADSAS: 7/25/14
Mailed out: 8/1/14


Same exact dates and got supplemental today. However, I got it under the wrong name. So I'm not 100% sure if the supplemental belongs to me or the other person. I have tried calling the admissions office and e-mailed them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have trouble putting their course # in on the Pre-req PDF? My OChem course was CHEM 320A, but it's too long. Also, I didn't know UCSF only required 1 semester of OChem!
 
Anyone have trouble putting their course # in on the Pre-req PDF? My OChem course was CHEM 320A, but it's too long. Also, I didn't know UCSF only required 1 semester of OChem!

When I filled mine out and CHEM didn't fit, I just made it Chem (lowercase). It allowed for it to fit for me!
 
I just received an e-mail that there was an error in giving out supplementals and everything will be sorted out soon
 
Did anyone get a confirmation e-mail after they turned in their supplemental about being under review and/or application complete? I sent in the supplemental like 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard back from them since.
 
I submitted my supplemental on 7/12 and then received the confirmation email on 7/30 saying that my file was complete and entering the review process. Looks like it just takes a couple weeks so hopefully you get something within the next few days.
 
I submitted my supplemental on 7/12 and then received the confirmation email on 7/30 saying that my file was complete and entering the review process. Looks like it just takes a couple weeks so hopefully you get something within the next few days.

Yup, your right. Just got that same e-mail. 🙂
 
I got the same mail too. I am planning to re take the DAT, but since my app entered the review already, they are not going to consider the new one.. don't know it is good or bad..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just received my supplemental app on Friday and hoping to draft it out tonight and submit by tomorrow! Out of curiosity, does anyone know what factors determine candidates receiving supplemental apps -- are they selective or they just have a cut off for gpa/DAT scores that constitutes receiving a secondary?

UCSF is my dream school and definitely my stretch school so I'm hoping for the best! :]
 
hey guys i don't mean to scare or discourage you. i was the one who was rejected from ucsf. my grades weren't that high so maybe that could have been why. i had a 3.39 ogpa/ 3.47 sgpa 24AA 25TS 23PAT. i called them this morning and the lady was really nice but told me they do not offer personal evaluations. she did say they take on a more holistic approach to evaluating an applicant so stats aren't everything. i wish you all the best of luck!
 
@dentalstudentprospect2 beat me to my post. But UCSF actually looks for pretty well-rounded applicants. If you look through the threads from the last couple of years, there are people with "lower" stats that were getting interviews/acceptances. I know it's hard to imagine because of how prestigious the university is, but it is definitely a school that focuses on more than just your GPA and DAT scores. Basically, don't lose hope!
 
Is UCSF more of a research centered school? I had someone tell me this and I wasn't sure if everyone got that impression. Hopefully my research experience outweighs my average DAT
 
hey guys i don't mean to scare or discourage you. i was the one who was rejected from ucsf. my grades weren't that high so maybe that could have been why. i had a 3.39 ogpa/ 3.47 sgpa 24AA 25TS 23PAT. i called them this morning and the lady was really nice but told me they do not offer personal evaluations. she did say they take on a more holistic approach to evaluating an applicant so stats aren't everything. i wish you all the best of luck!

S*** WTF??? Those really are crazy stats though! Totally solid DAT scores...well, you'll definitely be a shoo-in for schools who like high DATs like Columbia
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys i don't mean to scare or discourage you. i was the one who was rejected from ucsf. my grades weren't that high so maybe that could have been why. i had a 3.39 ogpa/ 3.47 sgpa 24AA 25TS 23PAT. i called them this morning and the lady was really nice but told me they do not offer personal evaluations. she did say they take on a more holistic approach to evaluating an applicant so stats aren't everything. i wish you all the best of luck!
Just to double check: would you mind letting us know if u met their deadline for secondary? I have heard that missing secondary means rejection there.....
 
Just to double check: would you mind letting us know if u met their deadline for secondary? I have heard that missing secondary means rejection there.....

I think @dentalstudentprospect2 mentioned in another thread that they did submit the secondary before the deadline. Correct me if I'm wrong tho!
 
i submitted it on time and yes, i did apply to columbia but still haven't gotten an interview invite. i guess the moral of the story is, don't neglect EC's too much.