***The Official UCSF Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

For those who have gotten the acceptance call, which day of the week did you receive it?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been rejected after an interview so far? or do they just give out offers for now?

Has anyone been rejected after an interview so far? or do they just give out offers for now?

I called last week and they claimed that they've been sending out rejections.

Reactions: 1 users
For those that are accepted, has anyone had trouble with UCSF taking their biology lab requirement credit/no credit even though your school has a letter grade option?

For those that are accepted, has anyone had trouble with UCSF taking their biology lab requirement credit/no credit even though your school has a letter grade option?
Have u tried emailing Daliah Williams? She's the one who reviews the prerequisite for admission. Hope that helps. :)

Have u tried emailing Daliah Williams? She's the one who reviews the prerequisite for admission. Hope that helps. :)

Yup. Have not had a response yet so I was hoping someone here has experience.

Hi everyone!

For those of us who are still waiting on a decision, I spoke to Dina today about what to expect for the next step in decision making... Looks like they will be making a final round of acceptances and rejections next week, in addition to announcing the wait list. Hopefully we all get lucky and hear good news! :xf::luck:!!

I haven't heard a peep, did anyone else hear any news?

During the interview they said no news is good news. So I'm just happy I'm not rejected yet.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't heard a peep, did anyone else hear any news?

During the interview they said no news is good news. So I'm just happy I'm not rejected yet.
I haven't heard anything either

Just got the wait list email. Ouch. This one hurts. I really loved this school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the wait list email. Ouch. This one hurts. I really loved this school.
Waitlist is a good thing:) You're still in the running! Do you mind sharing if you were given a waitlist ranking in the email?

Waitlist is a good thing:) You're still in the running! Do you mind sharing if you were given a waitlist ranking in the email?
70's. Which is the depressing part haha pretty sure they haven't gotten past like #30... Ever.

Last edited:
#72. Which is the depressing part haha pretty sure they haven't gotten past like #30... Ever.
No no I'm fairly certain they said they went down pretty far last year! Who knows, maybe many people have put other deposits in and won't accept waitlist offers. I have my fingers crossed for you, LauHei :xf:

No no I'm fairly certain they said they went down pretty far last year! Who knows, maybe many people have put other deposits in and won't accept waitlist offers. I have my fingers crossed for you, LauHei :xf:

I got waitlisted too. Does anyone know how far it went down last year within the ranking?

As far as I know (just from going through last year's thread), it seems like somewhere around ~45? Not quite sure though.

70's. Which is the depressing part haha pretty sure they haven't gotten past like #30... Ever.
DAT22
3.4 UG 4.0 master = 70s on the waitlist?
holy **** dude

anyone know when is the latest date to complete UCSF prerequisites?

Accepted yesterday around 7:15 eastern time! I'll be placing a deposit there, and I'm definitely going.

anyone know when is the latest date to complete UCSF prerequisites?
According to something I read, prereqs have to be completed by the end of this spring semester. You can't take anything over the summer for some reason.

At my interview I remember them saying to give them a call and they can figure something out with the pre req's even if that meant taking them over the summer (that's why their wait list stays open so late) but double check that.. I could be wrong

dammit, i'm waitlisted...0<x<5. Oh well, glad I'm not out of the running and I am super optimistic.

Good luck to all of you on the waitlist! Stay positive! :highfive:

Anyone have any summer plans? Currently I will be in Kauai June 11-June 16. I'll be with undergrads from my alma mater but dont know how many yet. Anyone's free to tag along.

After that though I have no idea what I'll be doing. I'm considering living in my car down by the beach and surfing every day.

The waiting list email said that they will be sending out updates today March 3rd. I didn't get anything, did you guys?

The waiting list email said that they will be sending out updates today March 3rd. I didn't get anything, did you guys?

yes got an update email about an hour ago

just got it, moved up one spot. My hope is slowly drowning away...

Moved up 12 spots!! Only around 60 to go!!!

I just got the call. I'm going to UCSF!!!!!!!

I got the call too! I was between 5-10 :D

I got the call too! I was between 5-10 :D
I was waitlisted between 25<x<30 but after March 3rd, I only moved up three spots, but shouldn't I have moved up at least 5 spots if you were between 5-10? Please help!

I was waitlisted between 25<x<30 but after March 3rd, I only moved up three spots, but shouldn't I have moved up at least 5 spots if you were between 5-10? Please help!

I think he was accepted the day after the email update, so most likely you moved up at least 5 spots now compared to your original. :cool:

Declined UCSF's offer this morning. someone will be hearing soon.

Reactions: 3 users