-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UCSF Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by predent7777
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
got the rejection email today, 2nd batch
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me every time someone gets a rejection from UCSF:
No news from any other school cept this rejection from UCSF. Not gonna lie... it hurts.
GPA: 3.91 sGPA: 3.97
AA: 22 TS: 21 Pat:25
PLEASE DON'T DENY ME UCLA.
Did you get the email today?
Congrats! Stats/residency?INTERVIEW INVITEEE TODAY!!! OMG
1st batch
scheduled for 10/16/2015
my stats weren't that great haha. Its 3.68 science, 3.59 nonscience. 20 AA DAT. I live in CA.Congrats! Stats/residency?
Don't kid yourself, your stats are great!my stats weren't that great haha. Its 3.68 science, 3.59 nonscience. 20 AA DAT. I live in CA.
No, it was last fridayDid you get the email today?
Interview Invite! I'm super stoked!!
School: UCSF
Notification date: 9/16/15 12:10pm central time
Interview date: 10/23/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2/15 (second batch)
Application received date/s: 7/31/15 (added 7/23/15)
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.72, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/27/no
*No research experience
School: UCSF
Notification date: 9/16/15 12:10pm central time
Interview date: 10/23/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2/15 (second batch)
Application received date/s: 7/31/15 (added 7/23/15)
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.72, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/27/no
*No research experience
When were you complete (with supplemental submitted)?Interview invite, lots of research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I don't remember... I was early though.When were you complete (with supplemental submitted)?
Cali or non-Cali?Interview invite, lots of research.
OOS, Out of time zone. Hell I'm east coast.Cali or non-Cali?
Idk. Maybe air bnb? This flight alone is going to kill me so I'm looking for cheap stuff here!Congrats to everyone getting interviews! Have any of you found a good hotel to stay at in the area?
Were you given an interview date or did you just submit supplemental??
No news from any other school cept this rejection from UCSF. Not gonna lie... it hurts.
GPA: 3.91 sGPA: 3.97
AA: 22 TS: 21 Pat:25
PLEASE DON'T DENY ME UCLA.
Yes, right after I confirmed!Did anyone get a confirmation email for the interview?
Yes, right after I confirmed!
Time to send another email, thanks!
Np, when are you interviewing?Time to send another email, thanks!
Np, when are you interviewing?
10/23 you?
I'll see ya there!10/23 you?
I'll see ya there!
No.
LOL
Were you given an interview date or did you just submit supplemental??
just submitted supple.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just submitted supple.
Omg.. UCSF is ruthless. I'm sorry man. Best of luck with your other schools. Wit your stats...I don't know what they thinking..
But how long after did you get the notice after submission? Just wondering cause I submtited my supps and I'm still waiting for the confirmation....
Does anyone know how many pre-December interviews they extend, and then how many offers they make from that?
I think this is a very busy time for UCSF because they are handling the orientation for their incoming class at the same time. They usually review the applications carefully which is time consuming.Omg.. UCSF is ruthless. I'm sorry man. Best of luck with your other schools. Wit your stats...I don't know what they thinking..
But how long after did you get the notice after submission? Just wondering cause I submtited my supps and I'm still waiting for the confirmation....
Don't worry, you'll hear from them soon. Just give them 4-6 weeks.
Good luck
Interview October 23d
School: UCSF
Notification date: 9/22/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/2015
Application complete date: 7/30/2015 (supplemental received)
GPA (science, overall): 3.43, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/23/18/no
no research hours
School: UCSF
Notification date: 9/22/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/2015
Application complete date: 7/30/2015 (supplemental received)
GPA (science, overall): 3.43, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/23/18/no
no research hours
Mind sharing why? Just curious 🙂
I have more interviews than I really need at the moment and I can't keep spending money and leaving this often haha. I'm confident I will get in at one of my other interviews which I would choose over UCSF. (For various reasons mostly price and I'd prefer UoP if I was in San Francisco anyways)
Does anyone know how many people interview in one day?
24 people I think
Does anyone know if UCSF asks everyone to submit a supplemental? Or do they have a screening process and only ask certain candidates to submit them?
I heard if you passed anyone whose passes their re reqs gets an invite for secondaries.Does anyone know if UCSF asks everyone to submit a supplemental? Or do they have a screening process and only ask certain candidates to submit them?
I stayed at the opal. It was reasonable and pretty nice. Took an uber to the interview.Congrats to everyone getting interviews! Have any of you found a good hotel to stay at in the area?
How many applicants are interviewed per day at UCSF? How many total applicants are interviewed?Does anyone know how many people interview in one day?
Typically 24 applicants are interviewed per day. Approximately 250-275 applicants are interviewed per year.
Do you mind sharig your stats?Interview on 10/26!
Notification date: 9/28
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/6 (7th batch)
Application complete date: 8/26
How's it going, guys? I'm a D1 at UCSF, and I just got finished reading through your posts. You guys have some funny theories on how UCSF selection works, lol. Without giving much away, they are definitely looking for a certain type of person. They can tell a lot of that based on your application and how you answer your questions. We have some people with perfect stats, who got denied right away the first time they applied and got accepted the second time around. No biases towards in-state/OOS, Cal State/UC, research/no research. We have a healthy mix of all types of people.
It's honestly hard to interpret what they're looking for. Our class has 2 PhDs, 8 Masters, all Bachelors. 5 veterans. Avg GPA is ~3.5 and Avg DAT is 21.
I've had a couple people message me about questions, and you're welcome to do so. Just know that class is no joke, and I'll answer questions when I can. Just don't ignore my response afterwards because I took time out of my schedule to help you... We have a tight community here at UCSF. We're all about helping each other succeed. Your upperclassmen are going to be VERY involved with your time at dental school.
Good luck to those with interviews! We'll be on the lookout for you guys on interview days, lol.
It's honestly hard to interpret what they're looking for. Our class has 2 PhDs, 8 Masters, all Bachelors. 5 veterans. Avg GPA is ~3.5 and Avg DAT is 21.
I've had a couple people message me about questions, and you're welcome to do so. Just know that class is no joke, and I'll answer questions when I can. Just don't ignore my response afterwards because I took time out of my schedule to help you... We have a tight community here at UCSF. We're all about helping each other succeed. Your upperclassmen are going to be VERY involved with your time at dental school.
Good luck to those with interviews! We'll be on the lookout for you guys on interview days, lol.
Has anyone from 7th batch or later received a rejection notice yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i can't be bothered to find the posts again but i know i saw one or two rejections from batch 7 and later. i know because i was batch 8 and haven't been rejected yet so it stood out in my mind and i was anticipating a rejection letter the entire week after i saw the posts lolHas anyone from 7th batch or later received a rejection notice yet?
Lol I found them thanks, it was the first week of Sep.i can't be bothered to find the posts again but i know i saw one or two rejections from batch 7 and later. i know because i was batch 8 and haven't been rejected yet so it stood out in my mind and i was anticipating a rejection letter the entire week after i saw the posts lol
Are you still waiting for a response too?
So does that mean if you're batch 7 and haven't been rejected yet it's a good sign? Lol
I hope so...So does that mean if you're batch 7 and haven't been rejected yet it's a good sign? Lol
Just got a rejection email 🙁 .... Good luck everybody thats still in the game.
when was your app mail out?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 20
- Views
- 14K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K