**** The Official UF Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Hi guys!! I just read that some people back in august had "invited to interview" in AADSAS prior to their interview and then it went to "received/ under review". The same thing is happening to me, what does this mean? Please advise...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys!! I just read that some people back in august had "invited to interview" in AADSAS prior to their interview and then it went to "received/ under review". The same thing is happening to me, what does this mean? Please advise...

Went back to under review status after I was done with the interview

It currently says application complete though now

If it makes you feel any better I interviewed at UF and my status in AADSAS never changed to "Invited to Interview" at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
If it makes you feel any better I interviewed at UF and my status in AADSAS never changed to "Invited to Interview" at all.

I just thought it was interesting for the status to go from "invited" to "under review" again. This just shows us that every school is a bit different...:cool:

Went back to under review status after I was done with the interview

It currently says application complete though now

Ok, so I guess next step would be "app complete"

Thanks Bratwurst and Biochem5!!

I have an interview on Tuesday Oct 9, anyone else? Any advice anyone?!

Okay so if my app was mailed out 9/7/12 and I still haven't received a secondary, is it safe to say it's just not going to happen for me at UF? :confused:

Okay so if my app was mailed out 9/7/12 and I still haven't received a secondary, is it safe to say it's just not going to happen for me at UF? :confused:

my application was complete at the end of July, didnt get a NON-resident application until 2 weeks ago. just wait

Any hotel recommendations?

The Holiday Inn on West University Ave. would probably be your best choice. It's about a 10 minute walk to the dental building at the Health Science Center

I would not walk. It is still hot and that walk is longer than 10 min. You can stay much cheaper on archer road by I75. Drive to campus and park in the garage next to the dental tower for $10.

I would not walk. It is still hot and that walk is longer than 10 min. You can stay much cheaper on archer road by I75. Drive to campus and park in the garage next to the dental tower for $10.
How confident do you feel about your interview? What kind of questions did they ask during your interview? I read somewhere that they are pretty cold and give little feed back cues about your answers. But you cant believe everything you read on a forum full of aspiring dental students.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How confident do you feel about your interview? What kind of questions did they ask during your interview? I read somewhere that they are pretty cold and give little feed back cues about your answers. But you cant believe everything you read on a forum full of aspiring dental students.
Interview is tough. Do not be expecting a lot of smiles, emotion, or small talk. However, as Polk said, the questions are standard - just be yourself!

Has anyone gotten an interview from them lately or are they slowing down for Pre December interviews? UF undergrads hope you got some inside information for us all!!!

Last edited:
I was a first batch app........ Still haven't gotten a supplemental app yet. Hoping that its "In the mail".

How long did it take you all to get the supplemental.

Has anyone been completely rejected yet?

UF is obviously a reach, as I graduated from UF with a terrible GPA (2.7), but have been working on a post bac in microbio and have a 3.67 with potential to graduate with 3.76 in Dec.

And the waiting continues.....

I was a first batch app........ Still haven't gotten a supplemental app yet. Hoping that its "In the mail".

How long did it take you all to get the supplemental.

Has anyone been completely rejected yet?

UF is obviously a reach, as I graduated from UF with a terrible GPA (2.7), but have been working on a post bac in microbio and have a 3.67 with potential to graduate with 3.76 in Dec.

And the waiting continues.....
It took about 2 weeks for me to get supplemental app. it was about 10 days later I recieved my interview request. I have read that some people got their interview request at the same time they got a supplemental request!!!!!! Alot of great applicants applying to UF but dont give up because you have not gotten rejected nor did any of us who interviewed been accepted! So we kind of in the same boat!!

got the call at 6:15 CST, oos

Last edited:
I got the call at 7:30am. It was a student that interviewed me and she called my home phone. I am an in-stater and I interviewed the first week of Aug.

Congratulations to all of you! I interview on 12/12 and I am hoping to be able to join ya.

Thanks! and good luck to you on the interview! if you have any questions you can ask

UF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i GOT DA CALL, GOD IS SO GOOD, i couldnt have reached this point without Him! congrats to everyone that got the call. and dont give up faith everyone.

Any idea if there are still calling ?

:scared: I think it's over. Let's Wait for the mails :( how many people got call?

I got the call at 7:30am! SO EXCITED!!! :D I was wondering the same thing about the Facebook group...I didn't find one

Somebody needs to make a facebook group!!!!

Congrats to those accepted to the UF class of 2017!!!! I'll see you guys next fall!!!

Got a call at 6:43am from Andrew, the student that interviewed me :D

I'm an undergrad here and I rent a beautiful house that in located on University next to Publix in Westgate Plaza. It doesn't have a direct bus route to the Shands complex (which is on the south side of campus), but from what I hear, most dental students park in the commuter lot anyway. I ride a motorcycle, so I think I'm going to stay in the house. I'm looking for two girls to take my roommate's places (they are both seniors and leaving Gainesville). I only ask that you keep the common areas relatively clean, and that there be no parties since I like to study at home. Other than that, I'm pretty chill! I also have two cats, but they tend to stay in my room or outside. If you are interested, send me a message and I can give you more information :)

I'm so pumped to get to know all of you :)

Hello Gators!!!

For those waiting to be called with an acceptance good luck!! I just declined my offer, :mad: This was sooo hard to do. UF is amazing!!!! I'm instate!! Good Luck!!

Where did you decide to go if you don't mind me asking. Just curious not many in-staters turn down UF.

Yeah.. It was very difficult to turn them down. I will be going to Nova. I actually live 15 minutes away from Nova. I am married, husband's job, family.... other factors but mainly it is more convenient for me to stay....

Hey guys!
For those of you accepted I was wondering if you could offer some insight on your interview. I know a few of us who have them coming up and to be honest, I've heard is one of the hardest interviews. Due to family circumstances it's imperative for me to stay in Gainesville, but that means I have to do extremely well in this interview. If anyone could help me out, I'll be infinitely appreciative!

Thank you and best of luck in your future endeavors!

In my opinion they were the nicest, sweetest people. Very welcoming and I had a great time in my interview. They basically asked questions around my application, why dentistry, why uf, they may ask u to describe a dental procedure. If u have done research they will ask about that. Basically, just be yourself. Its ok if u are nervous, they will give u a minute to relax. Study your application and the basic interview questions. If they ask u a question more than once is because they are giving u an opportunity to answer it correctly so pay attention to that. Good luck!

In my opinion they were the nicest, sweetest people. Very welcoming and I had a great time in my interview. They basically asked questions around my application, why dentistry, why uf, they may ask u to describe a dental procedure. If u have done research they will ask about that. Basically, just be yourself. Its ok if u are nervous, they will give u a minute to relax. Study your application and the basic interview questions. If they ask u a question more than once is because they are giving u an opportunity to answer it correctly so pay attention to that. Good luck!

Thank you so much! This is great advice. I've started to prepare even though its a month away haha
It seems like you had a great experience, which definitely puts me at ease. I've heard some horror stories, but I think everyone has a completely different experience. I'm just praying mine is a good one.
Again thank you so much! This helps my nerves :oops:

My interview was pretty interrogative. I didn't have a great feeling leaving the interview, but represented myself honestly and as best I could and still got accepted. Those questions seem about right though. If you interviewed today, I hope you did well :)

Does anyone know if UF has another day of acceptances, or would it randomly happen on a case by case scenario? Or when those on a wait-list might expect to hear (or does anyone know a time-frame from last years acceptances)? Thanks!

I just interviewed today, and they said the 2nd round of acceptances will go out no later than mid feb.

I had an interview on jan 11th and I loved everything about the program and everyone was super nice! All the current dental students all wished us luck and were very warm to us. The interview itself was ok I was in there for about 30 min. Hoping to hear some good news mid february!!!