**** The Official UF Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Good wcombs! Don't give up hope man! You never know what can happen! I wish you all the luck!

Members don't see this ad.

A friend of mine just got a call today! He interviewed a week or two after me and my interview was on 2/6. He was waitlisted last week but got the call this morning. There is still hope for those of you waiting.

-Matthew

I got my rejection letter in the mail today, no interview. I was pleasantly surprised by how nice and polite they were in the letter though, the other letter I received from another school for rejection was very straight forward and impersonal.

Either way, I just thought I would let y'all know that I admire the UF adcom despite their not wanting me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my rejection letter in the mail today, no interview. I was pleasantly surprised by how nice and polite they were in the letter though, the other letter I received from another school for rejection was very straight forward and impersonal.

Either way, I just thought I would let y'all know that I admire the UF adcom despite their not wanting me.

I thought the same thing. Such a kind sounding letter for it being a rejection but I like it better than other schools where it's the same "We cannot offer your admissions for the current cycle. kthxbai" :p

I thought the same thing. Such a kind sounding letter for it being a rejection but I like it better than other schools where it's the same "We cannot offer your admissions for the current cycle. kthxbai" :p

Upenn by far has the nicest and well thought out rejection letter.

A friend of mine just got a call today! He interviewed a week or two after me and my interview was on 2/6. He was waitlisted last week but got the call this morning. There is still hope for those of you waiting.

-Matthew
Do you happen to know his stats?

Do you happen to know his stats?

3.9sgpa 3.9ogpa

DAT 22+ on all science but lower on PAT/RC/QR. I think a RC of 15 and a QR of 16.. Was a dental student in another country but left before finishing to come to the U.S. He also interviewed with someone who we have had come speak at our pre-dental society meetings a bunch of times so that could have helped. He might be turning the seat down though..

-Matthew

To all accepted- congrats!

Where did you do your undergrad? I will be a freshman next year, trying to decide where to accept, great school like UVA, UNC, Wake, or UF=free!

I am a Fla resident

Members don't see this ad :)
BJF, Choose UF, minimize your debt. It is a great school.

My friend just gave up his spot for Nova. Someone is about to have the best day ever! :) Good luck to those of you waiting and congrats again to those of you who were accepted!

-Matthew

Hey all, congrats on getting accepted!!

I am currently a 1st year med student looking for a roommate. I live in Williamsburg Village apartment complex. 2 bedrooms/1.5 bathrooms. $375/person and utilities range from $40-50/person. This is as close as you can get to school! 10 minute walk from my front door to the door of Shands. If you're interested, PM me.

I am interested, email me at [email protected]
Hey all, congrats on getting accepted!!

I am currently a 1st year med student looking for a roommate. I live in Williamsburg Village apartment complex. 2 bedrooms/1.5 bathrooms. $375/person and utilities range from $40-50/person. This is as close as you can get to school! 10 minute walk from my front door to the door of Shands. If you're interested, PM me.

Hi Everyone!

I will be starting medical school at UF College of Medicine in August (Class of 2017). I am looking for a roommate and want to live in the Summit House Apartments in Gainesville, FL, but I am flexible for living somewhere else that is also very close to the school. These apartments are reasonably priced and very close to the campuses which is great! I am a non-smoker, very serious student, athletic, quiet, and overall easy going! Please message me or email me at [email protected] if you are interested! Thanks :)

Got the call today :)! I had completely given up hope and was preparing to reapply so that was a real shocker. So excited!

Got the call today :)! I had completely given up hope and was preparing to reapply so that was a real shocker. So excited!

So freaking happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy shet lol. I am seriously very happy for you. It's about damn time lol. You're gonna rock school so hard.

So freaking happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy shet lol. I am seriously very happy for you. It's about damn time lol. You're gonna rock school so hard.
THANK YOU!!! Hahaha I still feel like I'm being pranked. I was just so sure I was done for this cycle, I started crying on the phone lololol. What a wild journey this has been :p

I got it too. Not giving up hope but I'm feeling pretty hopeless at this point. Class of 2018 here I come +pissed+

Hey wombs, congrats on getting accepted! you had mentioned that you dont have killer stats. Do you mind sharing your gpa and at score?
thanks

Hey wombs, congrats on getting accepted! you had mentioned that you dont have killer stats. Do you mind sharing your gpa and at score?
thanks
I really improved my stats as the cycle went on. Applied with a 3.15 GPA but ended with a 3.4. My GPA is only so bad because I tanked it in my first year of college, but I've had almost a 4.0 for the past 3 years. My science and BCP GPA have always been solid, around 3.7 and 3.8 respectively.

My DAT was also pretty solid with 24 AA, 25 TS, 24 PAT.

My extracurriculars were pretty average and I didn't have much dental experience which hurt me more than my GPA imo. PM me if you have anymore questions :)

Congrats :)

WVU School of Dentistry
Class of 2017

Yay Congratulations! See you in the fall :) I'm so excited for you!

Congrats! Was rooting for you since I read about your journey :thumbup:

Congrats wcombs! I'm won't lie I am a little jealous, but still excited for you!

congrats wcombs. after hearing your story and reading your success, the tingle down my spine made me smile

I just got a interview invite for next week. Any tips for the interview? I heard the interview for UF is merciless

Rejected without interview, sent letter of intent in late December. If they didn't want me, not sure what they wanted out of the 80ish accepted applicants :p
Best of luck to everyone in the future for the UF Class of 2021
did you ever receive a supplemental? and did they reject you via email?