**** The Official UF Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

I interviewed on 01/11 and thought that the interview was pretty lousy just due to the lack of facial expressions/ interaction. It was strictly question answer, question answer (too formal in my opinion). The measly 2 students that talked to us were friendly and knowledgeable but it felt like there were supposed to be more students there to talk to us. Overall it was an okay day, but nothing great! I talked to one of the admissions committee members and he said we would know by mid-February whether we got in or not (interviewees after 12/03).

Members don't see this ad.

JUST CALLED THIS MORNING TOO!! i have to decide between UF and Nova, what a good dilemma but so hard to choose!:love::scared:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
No I was not on the alternate list, I interviewed January 11th. And I don't remember if they said they would send an email because I had just woken up and I was so out of it/excited!! I'm sure they will send an email or something in the mail, I haven't received anything yet though! :oops:

Congrats on everyone's acceptances! :thumbup:

And FloridaState- how could you turn down UF?! :p Just playing, either is a great choice!

Congrats on everyone's acceptances! :thumbup:

And FloridaState- how could you turn down UF?! :p Just playing, either is a great choice!
I know! They are both great schools so I have some thinking to do!

I interviewed on January 16th and also got a call from UF on Friday! Needless to say I am beyond thrilled. The interview process wasn't as bad as most people say it is, just be yourself and be confident in your answers/passion for dentistry. Can't wait to see you guys in the fall!:)

did you guys get your little rubber alligators today? lol

So Im guessing if you didn't here anything on Feb 1 or 2 and you interviewed after 12/3...this means rejection? :(

Im guessinn so Dentgrl2984, I am surprised that we havent heard anything about our status even though they said we would hear by mail within days of rejections and wait-lists. Kind of dissapointing. I interviewed 12/12/12. This happen to anyone else?

did you guys get your little rubber alligators today? lol

The video they had with the dental students and gangnam style music was pretty awesome. Looks like their student body likes to have a lot of fun. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received a letter from UF, im an alternate. :( I didnt really expect an acceptance since I applied so late into the year, my interview was 1/17, but it still hurts. Hopefully I still have a fighting chance!

I just received a letter from UF, im an alternate. :( I didnt really expect an acceptance since I applied so late into the year, my interview was 1/17, but it still hurts. Hopefully I still have a fighting chance!
Don't give up hope!! Not everyone will accept their seat, so you have a good shot! Good luck :)

Got the letter yesterday that I am an alternate. Interviewed 1/17 oos. Not too hopeful but you never know!

So who else from the 2/6 interview is an SDN creeper? I'm so anxious :p

lol wcombs, yes me!!!! omg I love how I talked to you before on here but I didnt know we were interviewing on the same day! Good luck!!!

lol wcombs, yes me!!!! omg I love how I talked to you before on here but I didnt know we were interviewing on the same day! Good luck!!!
How funny, I had no idea either :laugh: Sent you a PM!

has anyone that was on the waitlist been offered an acceptance?

I also interviewed on 2/6! I was the guy in the khaki-ish jacket.. 6'3" guy. I was the one who chugged a 5-hour energy when I found out my interview was next! haha I interviewed last in the first group. I think I spoke to everyone so we probably spoke. Hopefully we hear good news soon!

-Matthew

I also interviewed on 2/6! I was the guy in the khaki-ish jacket.. 6'3" guy. I was the one who chugged a 5-hour energy when I found out my interview was next! haha I interviewed last in the first group. I think I spoke to everyone so we probably spoke. Hopefully we hear good news soon!

-Matthew
Haha I remember you. I'm the guy who broke the news that everyone had already interviewed and you were last :laugh:. We spoke throughout the day. You were the best door holder ever :thumbup:

Here's hoping!

I like to follow dental education news. Just saw the dean is leaving in June. She's leaving the program in great shape as far as I can tell. Hopefully whoever comes in doesn't shake things up.

I like to follow dental education news. Just saw the dean is leaving in June. She's leaving the program in great shape as far as I can tell. Hopefully whoever comes in doesn't shake things up.

I saw this just recently too. Doesn't seem to be any problem, just that she is following (I think it was her daughter) going off to college and to be close with family. I was wondering what others thought of this as well... I can't imagine they would select a new dean who has much different goals than Dr. Dolan and the rest of the school. :)

Does anyone know when the last day or week that interviews will be held??

So they told us during the interview day that we should hear news by the end of February.. Does anyone know if that time frame is accurate? I would love to hear something this week. I keep checking my phone at work hoping for a call..

-Matthew

Hey Matthew, I interviewed with you as well. I thought it was mid march but since they finished interviewing last week, I'm hoping that we will know sooner rather than later. As soon as I hear anything I'll post, hopefully everyone will as well that way we know things are moving along.
I feel the same as you, I keep on checking my phone and SDN every 5 min for an update. I'm dying inside....I just want to know!!!

Hey Matthew, I interviewed with you as well. I thought it was mid march but since they finished interviewing last week, I'm hoping that we will know sooner rather than later. As soon as I hear anything I'll post, hopefully everyone will as well that way we know things are moving along.
I feel the same as you, I keep on checking my phone and SDN every 5 min for an update. I'm dying inside....I just want to know!!!
They told us mid-March at the latest. Don't quote me on this but I think they aim to get decisions out in the last week of February, but they tell us mid-March to give themselves a time buffer. Tomorrow would be a good bet to see movement. UF spring break is March 4-8 so if it's not tomorrow we probably won't hear anything until the week of March 11.

They told us mid-March at the latest. Don't quote me on this but I think they aim to get decisions out in the last week of February, but they tell us mid-March to give themselves a time buffer. Tomorrow would be a good bet to see movement. UF spring break is March 4-8 so if it's not tomorrow we probably won't hear anything until the week of March 11.

Commence freak out mode for the next 24 hours .......
Haha well whatever happens good luck to everyone!

Anyone know when interviews stop? I was asked to send in my secondary in early January and did so. I'm out of state(and went to UGA!) and don't have stellar stats, so I'm not holding my breath, but I'd really like to an interview.

Did anyone hear anything today???
Nope! But I ended up calling Thursday even though we aren't supposed to :D The guy said decisions haven't been sent out yet and mid-March is indeed still the goal.

Nope! But I ended up calling Thursday even though we aren't supposed to :D The guy said decisions haven't been sent out yet and mid-March is indeed still the goal.

Thank you for letting me know wcombs!! Here's to waiting! Good luck! I'll post as soon as I know something so we are all informed :)

Anyone know when interviews stop? I was asked to send in my secondary in early January and did so. I'm out of state(and went to UGA!) and don't have stellar stats, so I'm not holding my breath, but I'd really like to an interview.

I am also interested in knowing when interviews stop!! Was it until feb?!

Got the call this morning! Definitely one of the best phones calls I've ever gotten :) Im very excited to be part of the class of 2017

I got the call as well! I'm in! Congrats everyone!

-Matthew

Thank you Gracie2011, just wondering.
Has anyone gotten any letters in the mail yet?
Nope. If I don't get anything by Friday I'll call but I assume our bad news letters are in the mail.

Hey guys just wanted to let you know I received the letter today and was wait listed. Anyone else get the news? Check your mail!

Hey guys just wanted to let you know I received the letter today and was wait listed. Anyone else get the news? Check your mail!
I got it too. Not giving up hope but I'm feeling pretty hopeless at this point. Class of 2018 here I come +pissed+