*** The Official UF Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I thought my interview went well too :(

Reactions: 1 user
Does UF do rolling admission? Or are all the spots after today from people who have dropped their spot/denied acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't get it, I interviewed on 7/22 (first round interviews) and have pretty good stats and ECs. Thought my interview went well too. Got into Boston U with a scholarship, Nova and interviewing at Harvard soon. UF was my #1 pick out of all of them. This sucks man

Reactions: 3 users
I don't get it, I interviewed on 7/22 (first round interviews) and have pretty good stats and ECs. Thought my interview went well too. Got into Boston U with a scholarship, Nova and interviewing at Harvard soon. UF was my #1 pick out of all of them. This sucks man
Don't give up. Show them you're worth that seat.

I'm in the same boat. High DAT, above average GPA, average EC's, pretty good interview, and in state.

Does anyone remember what we were told on the acceptance call this morning? I just remember something about an email and a packet but does anyone know when they both come?

Members don't see this ad :)
no call from UF. Interview went horrible so I expected it lol. Got accepted elsewhere so I am happy. :)

FL resident, interviewed early August.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone remember what we were told on the acceptance call this morning? I just remember something about an email and a packet but does anyone know when they both come?
They said they would put the packet in the mail today and we're supposed to receive an email sometime later today but its later and I haven't recieved it yet lol

Anyone who was accepted planning on declining UFs offer?

What are my chances of getting in if I have a post interview next week?

I didn't hear from them either but got accepted in my state school so everything's cool... It is what it is and everything happens for a reason ;)
Congrats to all those who were accepted! This is the beginning of great things!
Those who have been waitlisted or were rejected: believe in yourselves! Believe in your goals! Stay positive! Nothing is over till it's over!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Anyone who was accepted planning on declining UFs offer?

I'm in at UF and (T)OSU. Wife and I are having a really tough time deciding what is best for the family. I'm in state at both and 100% of tuition is paid through GI Bill at either. Obviously, I'll be declining one of them, but we're probably going to take most of our month to figure this out.

Lots of great pros and some comparative drawbacks for each. Am I strange in saying the climate is a drawback in Gainesville?

no call from UF. Interview went horrible so I expected it lol. Got accepted elsewhere so I am happy. :)

FL resident, interviewed early August, 3.75 GPA, 22 DAT.

Define "horrible" lol
Tell us the story ;)

You're clearly a great applicant since you got an interview from Harvard! Did you do your undergrad at UF?

For those of you who haven't gotten accepted yet, do not give up hope!!!!! Many of my classmates got accepted in the spring, even as late as May. If anyone has any questions about the curriculum or anything in general, feel free to PM me. If I had to do it all again, I would still choose UF in a heartbeat. Best of luck to all of you!!

A D3 from UF called me last night, we talked about the school for like 25 minutes. It was a nice touch, I have to say.

Anyone gotten a waitlist/rejection letter from UF yet?

Anyone gotten a waitlist/rejection letter from UF yet?
Nope. I just hear the crickets from them!!!! Hahahahaha!!!! :lol:I have no clue what this means. I know for a fact that I wasn't accepted on Dec 1st... :lol:Oh well...

Nope. I just hear the crickets from them!!!! Hahahahaha!!!! :lol:I have no clue what this means. I know for a fact that I wasn't accepted on Dec 1st... :lol:Oh well...

They were pretty clear that they call all acceptees on the 1st, and put rejections and waitlist letters in snail mail on the same day. If you interviewed but didn't get the call, you're either waitlisted or rejected and will likely find out which in tomorrow's snail mail.

I'm pretty sure they move directly to rolling admissions, so as people decline they make offers off the wait list.

They were pretty clear that they call all acceptees on the 1st, and put rejections and waitlist letters in snail mail on the same day. If you interviewed but didn't get the call, you're either waitlisted or rejected and will likely find out which in tomorrow's snail mail.

I'm pretty sure they move directly to rolling admissions, so as people decline they make offers off the wait list.

You're right about that first part; if you didn't get accepted this first round you've either been wait-listed or rejected. However, they don't give out any more acceptances until early February (so don't expect to hear anything in December and January!).
After the second round of acceptances they'll go to rolling admission as people decline. I found this out by calling the office.
Hope this helps anyone who was curious like me! :)

I know that. I meant I didn't know if I was rejected or waitlisted. ;);););)
Couldn't you see my sarcasm??? Lol!!! I guess I was not that clear... :lol:

Meep. Denied. Again :yuck:
Guess my Oral Health Masters I'm in wasn't enough to pick up my academics criteria.
Interview I thought went spectacular. Extracurriculars were also over the top as a D1 athlete, dental assistant, surgeon assistant, sculptor, researcher, avid student at summer Ivy League dental programs, etc
Only weak point in my application I thought I had: Undergrad GPA: 3.1, AA: 20. Meep
Well good luck to the rest of you!

^ me too. 22AA 3.8 GPA, FL resident. Good extracurriculars and research. Thought interview went well too.

nothing from UF :(

How many hours of shadowing and community service? I have like the same stats.

got waitlisted and it feels so goooood

jk doesn't feel that good

Last edited:
Got waitlisted. Received the email yesterday but didn't read it till today...

Hello (echo) ... Anybody Still at the Received/under review stage?
I feel so left out from both the rejected and accepted crowd lol

Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances will be? I was told February to mid-February, but I was wondering if anyone has gotten an exact date. Thanks!

Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances will be? I was told February to mid-February, but I was wondering if anyone has gotten an exact date. Thanks!
Was Feb 3 the past 2 years, so I'm thinking that will hold up this round

Does UF offer any interviews past January, whether sparingly, or not? I submitted my application pretty late (10/9 mail out) due to some unfortunate circumstances - which I feel put me at a big disadvantage for UF.

They had requested an academic update from me. Any idea about late interviews?

So waitlisted applicants potentially hear back this week?

Has anyone here declined their acceptance from UF? I keep hearing mixed things about the waitlist moving :(

So waitlisted applicants potentially hear back this week?

Has anyone here declined their acceptance from UF? I keep hearing mixed things about the waitlist moving :(

I will be declining my offer.

Has anyone heard anything or received any calls? The anticipation is killing me.