*** The Official UF Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

^ grats! Anyone interviewing next Friday?

Members don't see this ad.

I have my interview on Friday 8/21! Any tips?? I am super nervous because I am not so great with interviews! Thank you guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
Still no supplemental

FYI I'm in state, 22 AA 3.54 oGPA, 3.65 sGPA. Could it really be that I'm not even making the long short list?

:(

EDIT: Got my supplemental today and submitted! Fingers crossed for an interview invite soon.

Last edited:
For everyone that got an interview, how long did it take after you submitted your supplement to receive the invite email?

Received my interview invitation on 8/13 TODAY! :love:

Scheduled Interview on Sept 1! :punch::cat:

I got the invite today too! September 1st!! I submitted my supplemental yesterday. MAN they are fast!

Reactions: 1 user
For everyone that got an interview, how long did it take after you submitted your supplement to receive the invite email?

I got an invite yesterday! Yay!!!! :soexcited: My interview is on September 16th... I'm OOS... My supplemental was received on 7/28... HTH's

So I booked my flight, hotel and rental car and I'll have the better part of the day Monday 8/31 to hang around town/campus (I'm arriving early Monday afternoon). Anyone interested in dinner and/or a responsible amount of drinks the night before PM me!

EDIT: or just respond to the thread

So I booked my flight, hotel and rental car and I'll have the better part of the day Monday 8/31 to hang around town/campus (I'm arriving early Monday afternoon). Anyone interested in dinner and/or a responsible amount of drinks the night before PM me!

EDIT: or just respond to the thread

I tried La Tienda there and it was the best Mexican food I have ever had. And I've had some pretty good Mexican food.

I interviewed at UF for the first round interviews on 7/22. It went amazing! Loved the school and for the interview just be yourself and relax. I can't stress that enough

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my supplemental yesterday. Haven't been able to open it yet because I'm away from home. Are there any essays?

Also, do you know the % of people who get interviews once after getting the supplemental?

Thanks.

(I'm OOS, from NJ)

Just got my supplemental yesterday. Haven't been able to open it yet because I'm away from home. Are there any essays?

Also, do you know the % of people who get interviews once after getting the supplemental?

Thanks.

(I'm OOS, from NJ)
No essays. Divided in 3 parts: demographics, school work and set up account/personal info. Just like a summary of AADSAS. I'm not aware of the % that get interviews though. Sorry about that.

Got an interview invite today via email. Excited but super nervous from all the interview feedback I've read... :nailbiting: Doesn't help that the interview is next week haha.

Fingers crossed it goes well :xf:

Got an interview invite today via email. Excited but super nervous from all the interview feedback I've read... :nailbiting: Doesn't help that the interview is next week haha.

I've read good and bad feedback. Just go confident of your hard work, with your head held high, be yourself and shine bright like a diamond :D I'll be doing the same :thumbup:

Hi everyone, at this time is it too late to add UF in AADSAS application?
Im out of state GPA 3.85, AA/TS/PAT 22/24/23 none below 17, 1 year working experience in dental office. Do you guys think I will have a shot for UF? Plus, I didnt take biochem lab in undergrad, will my app be automatically rejected? Thank you very much for your input!

You don't need the lab for UF, if you have the extra money I would go for it.

Just wanted to clarify. Do we just fill out the pre-req courses on the course worksheet or our entire list of courses taken?

How long did it take for the invite after you submitted your supplemental?

Just wanted to clarify. Do we just fill out the pre-req courses on the course worksheet or our entire list of courses taken?

I only listed pre-req courses.

For everyone who had their interviews, can you tell us how they went?

Last edited:
My interview had a panel of 4. It wasn't as bad as the stories made it out to be, thank god haha. Everyone I met that day was pretty nice. The students often poked their head in to say good luck or even if they just saw you around the admissions office in a suit. Super friendly and pretty good experience despite my apprehension. Hope I hear back from them on Dec 1!

Edit: Also, just checked my AADSAS. My status for UF changed from Invited for Interview to Received/Application Complete, marked the date of my interview.

Last edited:
Office staff was super nice. They got us panda express. The random students we encountered had nice things to say. I had 3 interviewers, and it was rather short because we fell behind on time. I can confirm that my status changed to complete but only after the office received my thank you letter.

Reactions: 1 users
Office staff was super nice. They got us panda express. The random students we encountered had nice things to say. I had 3 interviewers, and it was rather short because we fell behind on time. I can confirm that my status changed to complete but only after the office received my thank you letter.
Awesome to read positive feedback about the actual interview! My interview is next week... :D
Now it's just a matter to wait till December 1st... Good luck!

My interview feedback: I felt really confident with my interview even though it was short. I had a panel of 3 people and similar to discensdentibus, my time was cut short because of falling behind. I think it was 15-20 minutes. UF was my first dental school interview ever so the nerves kicked in when I set foot inside the admissions office, but after the tour and meeting everyone (fellow predental students, current dental students, and faculty), I felt at home :). You're going to have a great time ;)

Reactions: 4 users
Hello everyone, has anyone heard anything from UF? Interviews?

Question.... So I have an Interview at UF but the date they gave me clashes with another interview ( I can't move the other because I picked the date early on). I was wondering when you call to confirm... Do they give you a variety of dates or do they just expect you to show up on the date given?? I need advice from current students/potential candidates!

It's so unfortunate, because UF is the preferred school for me. (I'm OOS)

Oos, submitted secondary back in August, still nothing, lol

Question.... So I have an Interview at UF but the date they gave me clashes with another interview ( I can't move the other because I picked the date early on). I was wondering when you call to confirm... Do they give you a variety of dates or do they just expect you to show up on the date given?? I need advice from current students/potential candidates!

It's so unfortunate, because UF is the preferred school for me. (I'm OOS)

Hi! If you are unable to move the other interview date, I would call the admissions office at UF and see if you can schedule another interview date. Explain to them that it conflicts with another interview and kindly ask if there is anything that can be done. I think its fine! And when you call to confirm, they don't offer other dates usually unless the candidate is in your situation. The people in admissions are so great!! I think they will be happy to help.

I wouldn't mention another interview. I would mention something about school cause all these dental schools want to hear that they are your #1 option and could get quite sensitive... Just my opinion...

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much for the advice. I was able to move it one day.. so I have less than 24 hours to get from New York to Florida + driving and all that good stuff! Going to be a fun ride. Really excited about UF! It's my top choice and I hope I'm one of the few lucky OOS!

I think you were at my NYU interview :)

I didn't apply to NYU :(. Sorry.

Just came back from the interview! Loved it to bits and it's definitely my first choice! Everything exceeded my expectations and they were already high!

To all the other interviewees from today (Nov 3), it was nice meeting you and hope to see everyone next fall!

Does anyone know when they stop interviewing? Graduated from UF last May with a 3.6, 21 AA, but have not heard anything back since early September ):

Does anyone know when they stop interviewing? Graduated from UF last May with a 3.6, 21 AA, but have not heard anything back since early September ):

I believe they stop in February.. but don't quote me on that. I recall having a conversation with the secretary and she said that's when they stop, but I could have misheard.

Did you get the supplemental?

I believe they stop in February.. but don't quote me on that. I recall having a conversation with the secretary and she said that's when they stop, but I could have misheard.

Did you get the supplemental?

I did and the email confirming my supplemental was the last thing I heard from them, also a FL resident.

I did and the email confirming my supplemental was the last thing I heard from them, also a FL resident.

Oh! FL resident! Supplemental is usually a good sign! Yeah, you definitely should be hearing back then. Your chances are really good. Maybe you'll get something this month for January?

When I interviewed, Dr. Sandow said that they interview all the way into January...

Did anyone else receive the UFCD newsletter today?