****The Official UMC University of Mississippi- Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***

i have an update! I called Ms. Sandra and she said the class was finalized this morning when the committee met. But, Dr. Smith hasn't gotten around to calling the newly accepted students yet. She said to give them till at least Monday to call everyone.

Oh my goodness. Yay! Thanks for the update!

Members don't see this ad.

i have an update! I called Ms. Sandra and she said the class was finalized this morning when the committee met. But, Dr. Smith hasn't gotten around to calling the newly accepted students yet. She said to give them till at least Monday to call everyone.

Just curious as to what time you spoke with Ms. Sandra today?

Members don't see this ad :)

That settles it then. Good luck everyone.

Haven't heard anything either, i guess we'll see tomorrow or monday. I've just been hoping for closure at this point, looks like we'll get it Monday at the latest.

They said they will call everyone soon! I'm not sure when but they said soon!

Today! I asked when they called me so I could give you guys an update!

Anyone heard anything today?

I received an e-mail this morning. I was not offered a spot in the class, but I am an alternate. Hope for better luck for y'all.

did you guys get the acceptance call from an unknown number?

I haven't heard anything..no email no call. Was yours from an unknown number?

Members don't see this ad :)
well i received a missed call from an unknown number, so i was just wondering if it was them or not. i havent gotten an email either
anybody else wanna try calling ms sandra and asking?

I got the call at 2:30 yesterday! 4th time applying and 3rd time to interview so I'm over the moon! To those not accepted, please don't give up! Perseverance is key! Meet with Dr. Smith for counseling and follow through! Don't get discouraged! I know it's heart wrenching but keep working hard and you'll get there, I'm living proof!

I got the call at 2:30 yesterday! 4th time applying and 3rd time to interview so I'm over the moon! To those not accepted, please don't give up! Perseverance is key! Meet with Dr. Smith for counseling and follow through! Don't get discouraged! I know it's heart wrenching but keep working hard and you'll get there, I'm living proof!

Are they done accepting people?
I still haven't heard anything. No call.. no status change.

Are they done accepting people?
I still haven't heard anything. No call.. no status change.
I'm not sure, I didn't ask this morning when I turned in my acceptance letter. I would just email Sandra and ask, she will tell you what's going on!

alternate :(... what are the chances of being accepted later?

alternate :(... what are the chances of being accepted later?
There was a D1 who they called 2 weeks or so before classes started! I would ask Sandra how that works too and when to expect it to start moving if it does so you don't stress with wondering

Reactions: 1 user
yah at 3:30
Jeez...
I just don't like not hearing anything. Everything is still blank. No email. No call. This is stressful. Lol.

Is alternate just another word for waitlist ?

yep it means waitlisted. and check your aadsas maybe

Couple Questions:
How many alternates do we have on this forum?
Does anyone know the latest date that accepted students are supposed to commit?

i only know of you and me so far. but sandra said they have anywhere from 6-10 alternates. and that they can add us to the class anytime from now till the end of july

Any new news from alternates?
I know one person got off the alternate list in the beginning of Jan. I emailed sandra and she said the rest of us likely wont know until May bc thats when the committee will know if they have to reserve seats for D1's who fail or not. Im hoping no one fails hahah

Do you mean that person was accepted off the alternate list? If I remember correctly, they reserve only 1-2 spots for D1 failures. So, I'm guessing those would be the only spots left now...

Do you mean that person was accepted off the alternate list? If I remember correctly, they reserve only 1-2 spots for D1 failures. So, I'm guessing those would be the only spots left now...
yah sorry, i mean they were accepted off of it. and yah i think those are the only spots left unless someone decides to go somewhere else

yah sorry, i mean they were accepted off of it. and yah i think those are the only spots left unless someone decides to go somewhere else
There are 2 spots left. Both are reserved for D1 failures. 1 portal failed but that slot was filled. The 2 D1's are both doing well I know them personally and will pass. There will be 2 spots filled before August 8. If you are 1 or 2 on the wait list get ready.