***The Official UMMC SOD class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfranks

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did not see a thread for The University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Dentistry.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all, I applied and had my interview on September 7th. I felt like the interview went great, but I am trying to patiently wait until December 1st. Anyone else apply to UMMC SOD? My friend that is a D1 said only 15 were called on December 1st. So I am on the edge of my seat!

Hi!! I'm super glad you made this thread! I had an interview with UMMC in the beginning of November, so I don't know if I'll get an early call from them. I maybe have to wait until Jan-March to find out my results. For now, all I know is that the waiting is slowly killing me lol. Best of luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad this thread was made! I interviewed in November as well. I know I probably won’t hear anything back in December, but I am so ready to know already!

Yeah it's pretty crazy that the day is almost here. I had my interview in August and it's been painful waiting ever since.

Good luck to you guys! Whether it's this year or the next, all of us are going to make it through one year or another. So whatever happens, don't give up! This poor state deserves the best and one day that's going to be all of us!

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck and many blessings to you all. I didn't understand how to properly post at first...

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck to everyone! We are down to possibly the final hours...:xf:
Is anyone here a first-time applicant?

First time right here bud. I don't think I've ever had such high anxiety. @intheprocess

I'm sorry to hear this. This is not a fun process. Where do you go to school?

Im the only one from my school this year who has applied to dental school so it's nice to hear from others who share the same dream.

I go to USM. The only thing that has calmed my nerves today is trying to figure out how I’m going to answer the phone in the morning if I get a phone call...

Cool Stuff J. Yeah I go to a small liberal arts college in Mobile.

I know what you mean about having to answer. *Panics and accidentally says no. haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did y’all interview?? This is my second time applying but first time interviewing. I’m so nervous.

I’m not expecting to hear back tomorrow but the idea that I COULD gives me anxiety! Haha

Good luck to everyone!!

When did y’all interview?? This is my second time applying but first time interviewing. I’m so nervous.

I’m not expecting to hear back tomorrow but the idea that I COULD gives me anxiety! Haha

Good luck to everyone!!
I interviewed September 7th. I’m so nervous!

I am not sure if UMMC will have the portal change tonight. I think they like to call. I’m probably not sleeping tonight!

I was August 24. From what I've seen, they like to call around 9am. So it won't be for a while.

and yeah. I'm nervous myself. It's gonna be tough to sleep tonight.

I was August 24. From what I've seen, they like to call around 9am. So it won't be for a while.

and yeah. I'm nervous myself. It's gonna be tough to sleep tonight.
They were interviewing every other week. One week interview, next week evaluate. I was in the second group... Do you know how many they will call tomorrow?

Good luck to everyone! We are down to possibly the final hours...:xf:
Is anyone here a first-time applicant?
I am a first time applicant. However, I am a non-traditional student... long story. I've been a dental assistant for 16 years now... I've wanted to be a dentist since my first week! Finally able to transition, lol.

Yeah I just looked at my email and it was the 24th @10 but it's all good.

A D1 told me is was like 30/40 people around 9am but I'm not 100% on that.

Wow. Hats off to you J. That's impressive.

They were interviewing every other week. One week interview, next week evaluate. I was in the second group... Do you know how many they will call tomorrow?
I’ve heard a variety of things! I was told that they don’t call everyone, and usually only 15 people hear anything on the 1st.

I’m not sure how accurate that is. A D1 told me that during my interview.

Today, I spoke to someone who told me that UMC will for sure let you know where you stand by the end of the month. So by December 31st, we all should know if we were accepted, waitlisted, or rejected!

Ok, thanks for the information! I’ll wait patiently by the phone tomorrow with the understanding that it may be a month before I find out something... eek

Accepted! I got a call around 915am.

Last year I did not get any call on Dec 1st, around Dec 8th myself and others received either waitlist or rejection emails. Just a little tidbit for those wondering.

Last year I did not get any call on Dec 1st, around Dec 8th myself and others received either waitlist or rejection emails. Just a little tidbit for those wondering.
Did your portal change?

Congratulations!!

Got accepted 8:30 first time application.
Congratulations!! So happy for you! I’m still hoping to get a call... not sure how late they will be calling...

Accepted earlier this morning... Still wishing many prayers and best wishes to you all.

For those of you who were accepted, what were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

I’m an non-traditional student and just trying to gauge my chances.

Accepted earlier this morning... Still wishing many prayers and best wishes to you all.
Congrats!! Thanks. Keeping my fingers crossed

Congrats! Thanks for the info!!

I was placed on the alternate list. Just got an email from Dr. Smith.

I still have yet to hear anything but Congrats to everyone accepted. I wish you all the best.

For those accepted or waitlisted, did your portal status change yet?

For anyone who was waitlisted, are y’all going call Dr. Smith like it referenced in the email?

@Jfranks . Did you get a waitlist email yet? I still haven't heard anything at all yet.

@Jfranks . Did you get a waitlist email yet? I still haven't heard anything at all yet.
Nothing... I’m on pins and needles! My portal hasn’t changed either, I’m taking it as no news is good news at this point. I heard last year they still made calls up to 3:30 pm...

Well J. Looks like we're in this awkward waiting limbo together bud.

My waitlist email was sent ~11:30 am and yes my portal changed accordingly

Status
Not open for further replies.