You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UMMC SOD class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I applied and had my interview on September 7th. I felt like the interview went great, but I am trying to patiently wait until December 1st. Anyone else apply to UMMC SOD? My friend that is a D1 said only 15 were called on December 1st. So I am on the edge of my seat!
D
deleted839822
Hi!! I'm super glad you made this thread! I had an interview with UMMC in the beginning of November, so I don't know if I'll get an early call from them. I maybe have to wait until Jan-March to find out my results. For now, all I know is that the waiting is slowly killing me lol. Best of luck to everyone applying this cycle!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah it's pretty crazy that the day is almost here. I had my interview in August and it's been painful waiting ever since.
Good luck to you guys! Whether it's this year or the next, all of us are going to make it through one year or another. So whatever happens, don't give up! This poor state deserves the best and one day that's going to be all of us!
Good luck to you guys! Whether it's this year or the next, all of us are going to make it through one year or another. So whatever happens, don't give up! This poor state deserves the best and one day that's going to be all of us!
Good luck to everyone! We are down to possibly the final hours...
Is anyone here a first-time applicant?

Is anyone here a first-time applicant?
This is my first time as well! Same here... my anxiety keeps me up at night. I wasn't able to fall asleep at all two nights ago.First time right here bud. I don't think I've ever had such high anxiety. @intheprocess
I interviewed September 7th. I’m so nervous!When did y’all interview?? This is my second time applying but first time interviewing. I’m so nervous.
I’m not expecting to hear back tomorrow but the idea that I COULD gives me anxiety! Haha
Good luck to everyone!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They were interviewing every other week. One week interview, next week evaluate. I was in the second group... Do you know how many they will call tomorrow?I was August 24. From what I've seen, they like to call around 9am. So it won't be for a while.
and yeah. I'm nervous myself. It's gonna be tough to sleep tonight.
I am a first time applicant. However, I am a non-traditional student... long story. I've been a dental assistant for 16 years now... I've wanted to be a dentist since my first week! Finally able to transition, lol.Good luck to everyone! We are down to possibly the final hours...
Is anyone here a first-time applicant?
I’ve heard a variety of things! I was told that they don’t call everyone, and usually only 15 people hear anything on the 1st.They were interviewing every other week. One week interview, next week evaluate. I was in the second group... Do you know how many they will call tomorrow?
I’m not sure how accurate that is. A D1 told me that during my interview.
Today, I spoke to someone who told me that UMC will for sure let you know where you stand by the end of the month. So by December 31st, we all should know if we were accepted, waitlisted, or rejected!
Not yet... my portal hasn’t changed either...Anyone hear anything yet?
Same. Some kind of email or something would make me feel better just so we aren’t in the dark!Not yet... my portal hasn’t changed either...
Did your portal change?Accepted! I got a call around 915am.
Last year I did not get any call on Dec 1st, around Dec 8th myself and others received either waitlist or rejection emails. Just a little tidbit for those wondering.
Congratulations!!Accepted! I got a call around 915am.
Last year I did not get any call on Dec 1st, around Dec 8th myself and others received either waitlist or rejection emails. Just a little tidbit for those wondering.
Same. Some kind of email or something would make me feel better just so we aren’t in the dark!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations!! So happy for you! I’m still hoping to get a call... not sure how late they will be calling...Got accepted 8:30 first time application.
Congrats!!!Got accepted 8:30 first time application.
Congrats!! Thanks. Keeping my fingers crossedAccepted earlier this morning... Still wishing many prayers and best wishes to you all.
Congrats! Thanks for the info!!Accepted! I got a call around 915am.
Last year I did not get any call on Dec 1st, around Dec 8th myself and others received either waitlist or rejection emails. Just a little tidbit for those wondering.
Just got alternate email also.I was placed on the alternate list. Just got an email from Dr. Smith.
My status on portal just changed.For those accepted or waitlisted, did your portal status change yet?
For anyone who was waitlisted, are y’all going call Dr. Smith like it referenced in the email?
Thank you for letting me know. My portal still says received/under review...My status on portal just changed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothing... I’m on pins and needles! My portal hasn’t changed either, I’m taking it as no news is good news at this point. I heard last year they still made calls up to 3:30 pm...@Jfranks . Did you get a waitlist email yet? I still haven't heard anything at all yet.
Exactly...Well J. Looks like we're in this awkward waiting limbo together bud.
Me too!! Haven’t heard anything yet!Well J. Looks like we're in this awkward waiting limbo together bud.
My waitlist email was sent ~11:30 am and yes my portal changed accordingly
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 4K