***The Official UNC SoD Class of 2019 Thread***

Glimmer1991

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone!

If you're curious, here is the class of 2018's profile.

sGPA: 3.54
oGPA: 3.61

21 AA/20 TS/ 20 PAT

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• classprofile2018.pdf
    40.1 KB · Views: 317
Reactions: 1 users
Looking back at your posts from last year, when I read that you had 6 pages single spaced for the supplement I freaked out a little. Then I actually started writing and I realized I was around that length too lol.

Good luck to everyone!

If you're curious, here is the class of 2018's profile.

sGPA: 3.54
oGPA: 3.61

21 AA/20 TS/ 20 PAT

I'm also surprised your TS score didn't pull the average up to like 22 at least :p

Reactions: 1 user
The supplement is a monstrosityyyyyyyYyYyy

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sealed up the super fat envelope and sending it out tomorrow! Gonna be the most expensive postage I've had in a while :) Good luck guys.

Awesome! Finished up the supplemental application last week, was insane. I wrote probably 3-4 paragraphs for a decent number of them, and they were big paragraphs. Honestly could have wrote more but I didn't think they wanted a couple page essay for some of them.

I'm out of state and UNC is easily one of 3 schools I'm very interested in.

NC is such an awesome state. Amazing weather year round, incredibly nice people, and a great college bball state. Got family in Charlotte and Winterville so I visit a lot. Idk if there's a place I can put that on my supp app tho

Has anyone heard back about an interview yet?

They send them all out in one huge wave... You'll know when people get them! ;)

Check the thread from last year to see when they were sent out--they are usually pretty consistent.

Last edited:
Trying to decide if I should apply here... I already sent in applications to a couple of other schools but I didn't realize that UNC accepted so many out of state students. I'm from the midwest though, and noticed from glimmers class profile document (thanks for that btw) there are no midwesterners represented... does that make a difference? I go to school in the south if that helps.

Any input? I'm low on cash so I don't want to apply anywhere that's pointless :) I have a 23 AA and 3.5 GPA if that matters

I love North Carolina and would love to end up living there!

They take around 12-15 OOS people any given year out of 81 spots.

They take around 12-15 OOS people any given year out of 81 spots.
Yeah but that's more than I thought. I was thinking it was like 5 for some reason.

has anyone's check still not been cashed? I received an email that my app was complete but still nothing with the check

My check hasn't been cashed, got the app complete email 7/2

Members don't see this ad :)
Had a dream that I got an invite last night. Really really really not cool

Interview invite for Sept 13!!! :happy::happy:

Did those of you who received interviews get an "application complete" e-mail?

Yep, I received an email on 07/02 saying that they received my AADSAS + supplemental applications, forms & fee and that my application is in the process of being reviewed.

Invite!!!!! BEYOND ECSTATIC!!!!!

Me as well, might have to reschedule though :(. Have to be out of the country that week.

See you people in September! :D

Anyone get the general information email after confirming your spot for September yet?

I haven't received anything after I confirmed my spot, it's only been one day though so I'm sure it'll come next week or sometime soon

any confirmations yet?

I got an email yesterday with two forms to fill out and send back.

I just got my interview invite for September 13th! Has anyone heard anything about the interview process? Is it pretty laid back or more intense? Are there any questions I should be expecting?

Very excited about the Sept 13th interview day as well!!

I heard they are very laid back and conversational. So they are not trying to stress you out. (even though I am sure we can't help it lol).
And a few UNC dental students told me to check out the website with a list of common questions and check out the Youtube videos.

Got the under review email on 8/26. Any idea before I will hear from them?

Only if they start calling for interviews :/

I'm pretty sure UNC waits until ~three weeks before the next scheduled interview date before it sends out the next batch of invites.

I'm pretty sure UNC waits until ~three weeks before the next scheduled interview date before it sends out the next batch of invites.
Do you have any idea when that might be?

Last year I got an invite on 9/16, which would translate to this coming Monday, 9/15. Time for the ol' familiar admissions anxiety!

I hope everyone who interviewed yesterday had a great experience.

Historically the second round of invites goes out the monday after the first interview, so i wish everyone the best of luck for tomorrow morning!!:)

I have not either. Checking my email every 15 mins or so