You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UNC SoD Class of 2019 Thread***
Started by Glimmer1991
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Looking back at your posts from last year, when I read that you had 6 pages single spaced for the supplement I freaked out a little. Then I actually started writing and I realized I was around that length too lol.
I'm also surprised your TS score didn't pull the average up to like 22 at least 😛
Good luck to everyone!
If you're curious, here is the class of 2018's profile.
sGPA: 3.54
oGPA: 3.61
21 AA/20 TS/ 20 PAT
I'm also surprised your TS score didn't pull the average up to like 22 at least 😛
The supplement is a monstrosityyyyyyyYyYyy
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Awesome! Finished up the supplemental application last week, was insane. I wrote probably 3-4 paragraphs for a decent number of them, and they were big paragraphs. Honestly could have wrote more but I didn't think they wanted a couple page essay for some of them.
I'm out of state and UNC is easily one of 3 schools I'm very interested in.
I'm out of state and UNC is easily one of 3 schools I'm very interested in.
Has anyone heard back about an interview yet?
Has anyone heard back about an interview yet?
They send them all out in one huge wave... You'll know when people get them! 😉
Check the thread from last year to see when they were sent out--they are usually pretty consistent.
Last edited:
Trying to decide if I should apply here... I already sent in applications to a couple of other schools but I didn't realize that UNC accepted so many out of state students. I'm from the midwest though, and noticed from glimmers class profile document (thanks for that btw) there are no midwesterners represented... does that make a difference? I go to school in the south if that helps.
Any input? I'm low on cash so I don't want to apply anywhere that's pointless 🙂 I have a 23 AA and 3.5 GPA if that matters
I love North Carolina and would love to end up living there!
Any input? I'm low on cash so I don't want to apply anywhere that's pointless 🙂 I have a 23 AA and 3.5 GPA if that matters
I love North Carolina and would love to end up living there!
Yeah but that's more than I thought. I was thinking it was like 5 for some reason.They take around 12-15 OOS people any given year out of 81 spots.
has anyone's check still not been cashed? I received an email that my app was complete but still nothing with the check
Had a dream that I got an invite last night. Really really really not cool
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Likewise!!! So excited!Interview invite for Sept 13!!!![]()
Interview invite for Sept 13!!!![]()
Did those of you who received interviews get an "application complete" e-mail?
Did those of you who received interviews get an "application complete" e-mail?
Yep, I received an email on 07/02 saying that they received my AADSAS + supplemental applications, forms & fee and that my application is in the process of being reviewed.
September 13th as well!! Woohoo!!
I just got my interview invite for September 13th! Has anyone heard anything about the interview process? Is it pretty laid back or more intense? Are there any questions I should be expecting?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Very excited about the Sept 13th interview day as well!!
I heard they are very laid back and conversational. So they are not trying to stress you out. (even though I am sure we can't help it lol).
And a few UNC dental students told me to check out the website with a list of common questions and check out the Youtube videos.
I heard they are very laid back and conversational. So they are not trying to stress you out. (even though I am sure we can't help it lol).
And a few UNC dental students told me to check out the website with a list of common questions and check out the Youtube videos.
Here's a few links that may help you prepare for your interview:
http://dentabroad.com/2009/08/top-10-interview-questions-dental.html
AND
http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/unc/survey/26
http://dentabroad.com/2009/08/top-10-interview-questions-dental.html
AND
http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/unc/survey/26
Thanks! I'll see you there!
Got the under review email on 8/26. Any idea before I will hear from them?
Got the under review email on 8/26. Any idea before I will hear from them?
I've been under review since 7/22, and haven't heard anything....
Oh great...I have lost hopeI've been under review since 7/22, and haven't heard anything....
I've been under review since 7/2 and haven't heard anything lol soooooOh great...I have lost hope
Well then you should be the one complaining..I wish this process was less stressful.
I've been under review since 7/2 and haven't heard anything lol sooooo
Its too quiet here!!
Only if they start calling for interviews :/
I know, the wait is nerve-wrecking!Only if they start calling for interviews :/
Do you have any idea when that might be?I'm pretty sure UNC waits until ~three weeks before the next scheduled interview date before it sends out the next batch of invites.
Last year I got an invite on 9/16, which would translate to this coming Monday, 9/15. Time for the ol' familiar admissions anxiety!
fingers crossed!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't get anything 🙁Anyone hear back?!?
I haven't heard yet.Anyone hear back?!?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K