***The Official UNC SoD Class of 2019 Thread***

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Man, this place is tough for OOS! I thought I had a shot with strong GPA/DAT, but...no acceptance call. I guess there's still that chance in January, but I got into my state school and I'll already have to put money down there to keep my spot...tough situation to be in :/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to all who got in, and to those who are still waiting - hang in there!

I am very excited to be attending UNC next fall. I'm OOS, and the folks that I work around, as well as several dentists I know tell me that Chapel Hill is an awesome school. I realized that during the interview, but it's very reassuring to hear it from folks thousands of miles from campus!
 
Cool! Class of 2019 people... Welcome to UNC SOD!

To those who haven't heard yet don't lose hope. Plenty of people get acceptances throughout January and February.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on your interview! Good luck

As far as those who already got accepted. After you paid your deposit did anything change on your AADSAS? Mine still just says offer made but the schools I denied already updated....
 
My aadsas changed yesterday from "Invited to interview" to "rec'd/under review" again, anyone elses change? I hope that's not a bad thing!
 
Mine changed as well to received/under review. I'm gonna be a Positive Pete and say that's good! Interview went fantastic so I'm feeling great about it!!
 
So they started their meeting at 9am today, the last Wednesday of the month, according to the PDF, and a round of calls went out around 1:30pm. Sounds like a morning through lunch meeting. Always good to note, for the archives.

Congrats to those who got in, I wish I could say I was joining you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Man, I was hoping I'd make the cut! - but no dice. Well, at least now I may not have to go through the decision-making process to choose between UNC and my state school. Both are good so it would have been a hard choice...
 
Got an email saying admission denied. No change to portal. Email says they had 1200+ applicants for 82 slots. Man. I applied to 7 schools and this is the only one I didn't get into...
 
No acceptance call, no denied email.....hope that means waitlist...
Put me down for this. Sept. interview date and radio silence ever since.

Does anyone in this situation know what is next? Waitlist? Or more emails issuing a denial?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The number of people and your place has been and will always be a mystery. Lol. But it moves maybe 1-2 people. From what some people say, you'll see movement after deposits are due. Maybe March?
 
Also waitlisted. The waitlist, from what I gather, is rather large this year. Best of luck to all of those who havent heard from any schools at all. I know how discouraging it can be, but if you keep grinding at it your dream of getting into dental school will happen!

Cheers
 
Did everyone on the waitlist get the "you're an alternate" hard copy letter in the mail asking them to sign and send back some pieces of paper?