You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UNC SoD Class of 2019 Thread***
Started by Glimmer1991
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did they call or email you?Just got the interview invite 😀 so excited!!!!
OOS interview (VA resident)! (Also just got an email. No change in AADSAS.) Man if I get one of those tiny few OOS admission spots I will feel like I have won the lottery...(sure hope this goes well 'cos I don't think my VCU interview went too hot; they left me with the feeling they were hoping to hear answers other than what I gave them...or maybe they were just messing with me ...who knows)
Still waiting 🙁
Congrats to everyone who got the invitation! Do you guys mind sharing your stats please?
Interview!!
Notification day: 9/18
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7
Method of notification: email
Residency: NC
GPA (science, overall): 3.83, 3.88
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/ below 17): 21/21/22/22/none
Notification day: 9/18
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7
Method of notification: email
Residency: NC
GPA (science, overall): 3.83, 3.88
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/ below 17): 21/21/22/22/none
Notification date: 09/18/14
Method of notification: email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/11/14
Application complete date: 08/13/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.94, 3.91
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27AA/25TS/24PAT/30RC/non
Method of notification: email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/11/14
Application complete date: 08/13/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.94, 3.91
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27AA/25TS/24PAT/30RC/non
They have four rounds of interviews so hang in there people! 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Invitation for 10/11. I am really excited for this one!
Notification date: 9/18/2014
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OH
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/1/2014
Application complete date: 8/18/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.97, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/27/24/24/None
Notification date: 9/18/2014
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OH
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/1/2014
Application complete date: 8/18/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.97, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/27/24/24/None
I guess thats it for oos interviews, right 🙁? Don't they usually focus on in state people now.
Its probably not strictly in state, but the vast majority definitely are 🤔. I wouldn't lose all hope just yet. It sure is tough tough not to though (I'm OOS as well, no interview) Just keep your head up, you'll find your school somewhere. 🙂
I guess thats it for oos interviews, right 🙁? Don't they usually focus on in state people now.
Where are you getting this information from? My application just went complete last week so I wasn't expecting an interview for October 11th butttt I was definitely hoping for the November interview. I hope what you're saying is not true. I've got a 3.8 GPA and a 24 AA. It would be a shame to not get an interview here because of my late app.
Which thread? I read one from 2010 saying they do still interview OOS students through January.
How was your interview? I go October the 11th along with some other people on here.Interview invite for Sept 13!!!![]()
Hi guys,
By chance have any of you guys, that have already been to an interview, get interviewed by a Dr. S. Madison. If so can you inbox me??
Thanks.
By chance have any of you guys, that have already been to an interview, get interviewed by a Dr. S. Madison. If so can you inbox me??
Thanks.
I received an email from UNC that had no message, just the day's date (9/18). I've left a voicemail and replied to the email -- no response. Any ideas what it means or how I can reach anyone there to help me figure it out?
Call Carolyn Oaks. She helped me out when I messed up my supplemental.I received an email from UNC that had no message, just the day's date (9/18). I've left a voicemail and replied to the email -- no response. Any ideas what it means or how I can reach anyone there to help me figure it out?
Call Carolyn Oaks. She helped me out when I messed up my supplemental.
Thanks, but I did -- that's who I left the VM for, I've called again since (no answer) and I'm not sure it's a good idea to leave another VM
I wouldn't. She is really good at getting back to people.Thanks, but I did -- that's who I left the VM for, I've called again since (no answer) and I'm not sure it's a good idea to leave another VM
Okay thanks for that! I'm pretty sure nothing's missing from my app and I wouldn't have gotten an interview so soon. I'll wait till Friday
Turns out it was just supposed to be an update on my application... Finally got the application under review email today!I received an email from UNC that had no message, just the day's date (9/18). I've left a voicemail and replied to the email -- no response. Any ideas what it means or how I can reach anyone there to help me figure it out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here, check got cashed on 9/29
Hello all!
I have the interview tomorrow and I don't know anything about the place! Idk anything at all, I just know why I want to become a dentist and that's enough right?
If you already attended an interview or went to the school as an undergrad I would like to know if there is a really nice place to visit after I am done with the interview - mountains and waterfalls are too far 🙁
Also if anyone has tips for the interview I will appreciate it.
Thank you all!
Have a nice weekend 🙂
I have the interview tomorrow and I don't know anything about the place! Idk anything at all, I just know why I want to become a dentist and that's enough right?
If you already attended an interview or went to the school as an undergrad I would like to know if there is a really nice place to visit after I am done with the interview - mountains and waterfalls are too far 🙁
Also if anyone has tips for the interview I will appreciate it.
Thank you all!
Have a nice weekend 🙂
Hey guys - did anyone else interview with Dr Spaulding? Since she doesn't actually work at the school, I can't find her email address on UNC's website anywhere. (I am trying to send her a thank you note.)
Did anyone get an email address for her?
Did anyone get an email address for her?
When is the next wave of interview invites? Is it sometime this week?
This coming week was my guess, given the lead time of about three and half weeks before the first round of invites. Good luck!When is the next wave of interview invites? Is it sometime this week?
same to you my friend!!!
We did start this cycle a week early.
So are you implying invites should've gone out last week?
I wonder if an interview invite is possible if my check still hasn't yet been cashed. Anybody know?
Mine either. Did u receive a complete application email, saying they received the check in it? If so, then I think you would be fine. I received one so at least I hope I'm right.
Mine either. Did u receive a complete application email, saying they received the check in it? If so, then I think you would be fine. I received one so at least I hope I'm right.
Yep. On Sep. 30th... Wow if I hadn't actually looked that up, I probably would have told you I received the email 2 months ago.
u saying that made me want to check mine too. I received my email sept 16th. So it's been about a month, which is reasonable.
Has anyone received an invitation for the November interview cycle?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine did too.Did anyone else's "Invited for interview" switch to "Recieved/UnderReview" after their interview date?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K