***The Official UNC SoD Class of 2019 Thread***

Has y'all checks been cashed yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the interview invite :D so excited!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS interview (VA resident)! (Also just got an email. No change in AADSAS.) Man if I get one of those tiny few OOS admission spots I will feel like I have won the lottery...(sure hope this goes well 'cos I don't think my VCU interview went too hot; they left me with the feeling they were hoping to hear answers other than what I gave them...or maybe they were just messing with me ...who knows)

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my interview offer! I'm oos (wyoming). How was the interview, people who went September 13th? I'm so excited- UNC is definitely my top choice. Thanks!

Congrats to everyone who got the invitation! Do you guys mind sharing your stats please?

I agree with molar bear, and congrats to everyone!!! Wish i could be there with you all :(

Good luck though! :happy:

Interview!!

Notification day: 9/18
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7
Method of notification: email
Residency: NC
GPA (science, overall): 3.83, 3.88
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/ below 17): 21/21/22/22/none

I guess thats it for oos interviews, right :(? Don't they usually focus on in state people now.

Notification date: 09/18/14
Method of notification: email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/11/14
Application complete date: 08/13/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.94, 3.91
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27AA/25TS/24PAT/30RC/non

Members don't see this ad :)
They have four rounds of interviews so hang in there people! :zip:

I have an interview for October 11th.........Got the email today.

Invitation for 10/11. I am really excited for this one!

Notification date: 9/18/2014
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OH
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/1/2014
Application complete date: 8/18/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.97, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/27/24/24/None

I guess thats it for oos interviews, right :(? Don't they usually focus on in state people now.

Its probably not strictly in state, but the vast majority definitely are :unsure:. I wouldn't lose all hope just yet. It sure is tough tough not to though (I'm OOS as well, no interview) Just keep your head up, you'll find your school somewhere. :)

Where are you getting this information from? My application just went complete last week so I wasn't expecting an interview for October 11th butttt I was definitely hoping for the November interview. I hope what you're saying is not true. I've got a 3.8 GPA and a 24 AA. It would be a shame to not get an interview here because of my late app.

i think i remember reading on here that the first 2 interviews are mostly for oos students.

Which thread? I read one from 2010 saying they do still interview OOS students through January.

Reactions: 1 users
It was very relaxed. Three interviews total but each one of them was very conversational! If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me :)

Hi guys,
By chance have any of you guys, that have already been to an interview, get interviewed by a Dr. S. Madison. If so can you inbox me??
Thanks.

I received an email from UNC that had no message, just the day's date (9/18). I've left a voicemail and replied to the email -- no response. Any ideas what it means or how I can reach anyone there to help me figure it out?

I received an email from UNC that had no message, just the day's date (9/18). I've left a voicemail and replied to the email -- no response. Any ideas what it means or how I can reach anyone there to help me figure it out?
Call Carolyn Oaks. She helped me out when I messed up my supplemental.

Call Carolyn Oaks. She helped me out when I messed up my supplemental.

Thanks, but I did -- that's who I left the VM for, I've called again since (no answer) and I'm not sure it's a good idea to leave another VM

Thanks, but I did -- that's who I left the VM for, I've called again since (no answer) and I'm not sure it's a good idea to leave another VM
I wouldn't. She is really good at getting back to people.

I would advise against leaving another voicemail. If you sent an email as well as the voicemail just relax and wait, I'm sure they will get back to you soon. If you don't, call again in a few days, but not so soon after the first call.

Okay thanks for that! I'm pretty sure nothing's missing from my app and I wouldn't have gotten an interview so soon. I'll wait till Friday

Turns out it was just supposed to be an update on my application... Finally got the application under review email today!

I got the application under review email back on 8/13, but they just cashed the check that I wrote on 7/28, yesterday (9/29). I guess they just had one big pile of checks laying around somewhere.

Hello all!
I have the interview tomorrow and I don't know anything about the place! Idk anything at all, I just know why I want to become a dentist and that's enough right?

If you already attended an interview or went to the school as an undergrad I would like to know if there is a really nice place to visit after I am done with the interview - mountains and waterfalls are too far :(

Also if anyone has tips for the interview I will appreciate it.

Thank you all!
Have a nice weekend :)

Hey guys - did anyone else interview with Dr Spaulding? Since she doesn't actually work at the school, I can't find her email address on UNC's website anywhere. (I am trying to send her a thank you note.)

Did anyone get an email address for her?

When is the next wave of interview invites? Is it sometime this week?
This coming week was my guess, given the lead time of about three and half weeks before the first round of invites. Good luck!

Last year invites went out on October 14th, for a November 9th interview. That would translate to invites tomorrow, potentially.

We did start this cycle a week early.

I wonder if an interview invite is possible if my check still hasn't yet been cashed. Anybody know?

Mine either. Did u receive a complete application email, saying they received the check in it? If so, then I think you would be fine. I received one so at least I hope I'm right.

Mine either. Did u receive a complete application email, saying they received the check in it? If so, then I think you would be fine. I received one so at least I hope I'm right.

Yep. On Sep. 30th... Wow if I hadn't actually looked that up, I probably would have told you I received the email 2 months ago.

u saying that made me want to check mine too. I received my email sept 16th. So it's been about a month, which is reasonable.

Has anyone received an invitation for the November interview cycle?

Still waiting here.

How much higher than the average do you think an OOS students needs to be? In terms of GPA and DAT.

Did anyone else's "Invited for interview" switch to "Recieved/UnderReview" after their interview date?