The Official Univ. of New England Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I emailed Amanda today and she said yesterday was only the first batch of acceptance, and noone is waitlisted or rejected yet... We are all still being considered for 2nd round of acceptance. Hope that helps
Did she say when the next round would be?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
No she did not :( However from last year's thread it looks like early January would be it

Rejected.... knew this was gonna happen, applied super late in the cycle and did not realize UNE only interviewed in the Fall. Whoops!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected.... knew this was gonna happen, applied super late in the cycle and did not realize UNE only interviewed in the Fall. Whoops!
Sorry to hear that :/ did they send it via email or regular mail?

Also sorry to hear that. I made the same mistake. I'm anticipating a rejection, but haven't received one yet. Odd. Maybe they're just going down the list and haven't reached my name yet?

They sent it by email. I never even received a secondary so I knew this was coming. My application wasn't mailed out till 10/10/14

The rejection email was very nice though! ;)

I filled out a secondary but haven't interviewed yet. I also haven't received any rejection email from them; they probably just haven't gotten to me yet.

Interesting. I did receive the secondary. I guess we'll see what happens.

Actually, I haven't received any emails or had a decision update for a couple weeks now...from any of the schools I applied to. I thought the whole Dec 1st event would have brought SOME kind of news, good or bad. It's been a little unnerving.

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone accepted to UNE had to fill out the form for the background check that got emailed to them?

has anyone accepted to UNE had to fill out the form for the background check that got emailed to them?
I filled it out, but I am not sure which school it was from.

Last edited:
Yes, it said it cost $150 but they ended up only charging me for $41! Did anyone get an acceptance package yet or a call from Dean Hanley?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, it said it cost $150 but they ended up only charging me for $41! Did anyone get an acceptance package yet or a call from Dean Hanley?
Not an acceptance package yet, but I received a phone call!

Not an acceptance package yet, but I received a phone call!
I haven't received the package yet either, but I'm hoping it comes soon. And me too! I was surprised by the phone call early in the morning. I hope I didn't sound too awkward :censored:

I haven't received the package yet either, but I'm hoping it comes soon. And me too! I was surprised by the phone call early in the morning. I hope I didn't sound too awkward :censored:
Oh don't worry, I was definitely awkward too haha. Wasn't expecting him to call!

Well, no rejection email from UNE this week. I also found this on the website:

"Applicants are selected for interviews on a rolling basis, with interviews taking place between September and March of each year."

I'm not giving up hope just yet!

Well, no rejection email from UNE this week. I also found this on the website:

"Applicants are selected for interviews on a rolling basis, with interviews taking place between September and March of each year."

I'm not giving up hope just yet!
A dental student from UNE commented and said the last day of interviews was Dec 1 but if that is on the website idk what is going on. I'm waiting so anxiously to hear from them

I didn't get either a call or a acceptance package yet. I did however put the deposit down earlier this week.

I interviewed on Oct 27, but no response.

I guess no news is good news lol

Also, did anyone get any scholarship offer from UNE?

I received a phone call but no package or scholarship. I am putting my deposit down this week. Is there a FB page for the class of 2019?

I sent out my deposit on December first right after getting my acceptance email. I haven't received a package yet either....and someone should def make a Facebook group!!

I received the acceptance package but no phone call, yet. I'm almost positive I'm going to go to UNE but also got into my in-state school so I have to make a decision soon:bored:

Paid my deposit and accepted my offer here today! Can't wait to start meeting everyone!

I interviewed in September and still haven't heard back :( I'm losing it!!

I sent out my deposit on December first right after getting my acceptance email. I haven't received a package yet either....and someone should def make a Facebook group!!
There is a Facebook group! university of New England College of Dental medicine c/o 2019

Everyone look for University of New England College of Dental Medicine c/o 2019 on Facebook

I received a phone call but no package or scholarship. I am putting my deposit down this week. Is there a FB page for the class of 2019?
Yes there is! University of New England College of Dental Medicine c/0 2019

Yes there is! university of New England College of Dental Medicine c/o 2019

Does anyone know how many seats have been filled? Have they only given out acceptances and rejections so far? Has anyone been wait listed?

Hope to hear back from them soon. Getting worried :/

No one that has gotten a interview has been rejected or waitlisted. At this school, no news is not good news.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

No one that has gotten a interview has been rejected or waitlisted. At this school, no news is not good news.

What do you mean, how do you know?

That is absolute nonsense! Schools normally don't reject on the first round unless an applicant did a terrible job on the interview! (I am talking about among students who did interview)

I did interview at UNE on Sept 15th morning session (the very first interview date) and still haven't heard from them, if I don't receive an accepting by mid January then the possibility of rejection may rise in this case!

No news is good news! Because if they want to reject an applicant they will most certainly do on the spot.

People, do not loose hope as we are still in the middle of the application process. I hope the new year will bring you new interviews and new acceptance from your top choice schools

Jolly Holidays :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, I was wondering has anyone in Canada received an acceptance package yet? I have already paid my deposit and got an email saying that my seat was secured.

Got my acceptance today!!! Will be attending UNE for sure. I'm a UNE grad and have lived in the area for about 10 years now. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Congrats to all so far :soexcited:.

Just received a wait list email from UNE

Wait listed... O well the gym sucked there any ways

Does this school reject applicants who have also interviewed?

waitlisted as well :/
I really hope they don't just waitlist everyone and give us false hope of coming off the waitlist...seems thats whats happening though

Waitlisted... Oh well! It's better than getting straight up rejected! Keep your heads up guys!

I'm on the waitlist too! Hopefully not too far down! It's kind of annoying that they don't let us know WHERE on the list we are... Do any schools tell the applicants where they are in line?

There's like 7 people on the waitlist here only, god knows how many more are out there

Last edited: