****The Official University of Colorado Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got an email saying I am still being considered. Does anyone know if this is a good, bad, or pretty neutral sign? Or if this usually means anything one way or the other? OOS by the way!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email saying I am still being considered. Does anyone know if this is a good, bad, or pretty neutral sign? Or if this usually means anything one way or the other? OOS by the way!
I got that too!!

I got that email as well. I wanna say that it means wait-listed, so its more neutral (not good since its not an acceptance, but not bad since its not a rejection).

I got that email as well. I wanna say that it means wait-listed, so its more neutral (not good since its not an acceptance, but not bad since its not a rejection).
wait-listed is not a bad thing, i know tons of people in my class were waitlisted and I know for sure at least 3 IS got off the waitlist in may. Good luck

For those of you that got in, what were your stats? I felt like I did well at my interviews and have above average stats so I am a little disappointed.

Congrats to those getting in, and for us who are still waiting, hopefully we hear the good news. Have anyone emailed steven back to see if that email is waitlist? I received that as well and some pp i talked to said that its not waitlist.

Hey guys, I just made a Facebook page for the class of 2022, and is titled:
University Of Colorado School of Dental Medicine, Class of 2022
I figured that it would be helpful to have a page for the next few years that we can all connect through.

Anyone from Nov. 20th interview group hear anything back?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Im interviewing at Colorado next week and I would be so grateful if anyone who's interviewed here could give me some advice?? This is my first interview so im quite nervous! Any weird questions?

Congrats to those getting in, and for us who are still waiting, hopefully we hear the good news. Have anyone emailed steven back to see if that email is waitlist? I received that as well and some pp i talked to said that its not waitlist.
I interviewed this past Monday and they said that they only offered acceptance to about 40 people so far. I guess you can consider it as a waitlist but it is true what the email says, everyone is still under consideration since they have not yet fully filled up their class. The school wants to give as much opportunity as possible to those interviewing post December. If I remember correctly, they do not fill up their class until mid to late march.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! Im interviewing at Colorado next week and I would be so grateful if anyone who's interviewed here could give me some advice?? This is my first interview so im quite nervous! Any weird questions?
The interviews are closed files. Therefore, your interviewers will not know anything about you at all, other than your name and maybe where you cam from. On that note, they do not really ask weird questions. I would say the interview is more about getting to know your personality and allowing you to say "why dentistry" with your actual voice rather than words on a piece of paper. This will probably allow you to express more than the 4500 character limit on your PS. Interview is not stressful at all. They really do want to get to know you at a personal level and determine your character. Just be yourself and go in relax because the conversation is very casual and you do not want to go in looking stiff. Best of luck! Probably also good to know that they build the conversation off of what you say so do not bring up anything negative or subjects you cannot continue a conversation on.

Reactions: 1 user
The interviews are closed files. Therefore, your interviewers will not know anything about you at all, other than your name and maybe where you cam from. On that note, they do not really ask weird questions. I would say the interview is more about getting to know your personality and allowing you to say "why dentistry" with your actual voice rather than words on a piece of paper. This will probably allow you to express more than the 4500 character limit on your PS. Interview is not stressful at all. They really do want to get to know you at a personal level and determine your character. Just be yourself and go in relax because the conversation is very casual and you do not want to go in looking stiff. Best of luck! Probably also good to know that they build the conversation off of what you say so do not bring up anything negative or subjects you cannot continue a conversation on.
Thank you so much for the information

I sent in my application kinda late on October the 11th and AADSAS shows that my application is received and still under review but I'm wondering if anyone has been officially rejected yet or they just don't reject anyone until the class is full. Their admitted applicant has higher stats than I do so i'm kinda just waiting for the rejection letter. I'm slightly hopeful because I am a non-trad and I feel I bring other qualities that aren't necessarily reflected in my GPA, (I was a terrible student BITD but have been 3.45 since coming back as an adult) but so far all of the talk about schools appreciation of upward trends hasn't been reflected in the schools responses to my applications this cycle.

I sent in my application kinda late on October the 11th and AADSAS shows that my application is received and still under review but I'm wondering if anyone has been officially rejected yet or they just don't reject anyone until the class is full. Their admitted applicant has higher stats than I do so i'm kinda just waiting for the rejection letter. I'm slightly hopeful because I am a non-trad and I feel I bring other qualities that aren't necessarily reflected in my GPA, (I was a terrible student BITD but have been 3.45 since coming back as an adult) but so far all of the talk about schools appreciation of upward trends hasn't been reflected in the schools responses to my applications this cycle.

During my interview, the rep from admissions told us they have rejected some people already. They also told us they've only offered acceptances to about 40-50 people and anticipate only 30-40 will accept their offers. I'm a non-trad as well and my interviewers seemed to appreciate that portion of my application. They will be interviewing until mid-February if I remember correctly and they have so far invited 270 applicants for interviews out of an applicant pool of 2500. I think an issue is that you did apply late, but not all hope is lost.

Accepted .
So about the email that some of us got said that we are still being considered, it means the application will be reviewed or further reviewed by the committee, not waitlist. So keep the hope guys!

Do you know how the scholarship is awarded? Is it something you applied for?

You can apply scholarships on other websites, but scholarships by DDS at CU are granted based on the committee's decision when they review the application based on the academic/ outside activities.

Accepted .
So about the email that some of us got said that we are still being considered, it means the application will be reviewed or further reviewed by the committee, not waitlist. So keep the hope guys!
Congrats! Did you get a scholarship as well? also when did you find out you got accepted? was it through email or call?

Last edited:
Please could anyone who’s interviewed share their experience??:)

super casual. Its a closed-file interview, so you don't really talk about your stats at all. They might ask a question about your shadowing background, but its mostly a conversation about you--i.e. why you're applying to dental school, what you do in your down time, etc... My only advice is not to eat breakfast that morning b/c they give you a big breakfast and lunch.

Congrats! Did you get a scholarship as well? also when did you find out you got accepted? was it through email or call?

Thanks! Got my acceptance through mail. I think because I havent finished all the prerequisites for dental school until the end of this semester, so it is called the provisional acceptance. The scholarships is said to be offered with the final acceptance call. So will see whether i can get one when the time comes.

My case might be different from most applicants, but I called and asked about the upcoming offer. They said that the second wave of offer will most likely be in the beginning of Jan! Good luck guys

Thanks! Got my acceptance through mail. I think because I havent finished all the prerequisites for dental school until the end of this semester, so it is called the provisional acceptance. The scholarships is said to be offered with the final acceptance call. So will see whether i can get one when the time comes.

My case might be different from most applicants, but I called and asked about the upcoming offer. They said that the second wave of offer will most likely be in the beginning of Jan! Good luck guys
aren’t all acceptances provisional right now? I thought all acceptances are pending final grades, background check, etc. did the mail say anything about making a deposit and accepting the offer? I still have to take 1 more pre req as well but i wont take it until next semester. Hopefully that does not hold me back.

aren’t all acceptances provisional right now? I thought all acceptances are pending final grades, background check, etc. did the mail say anything about making a deposit and accepting the offer? I still have to take 1 more pre req as well but i wont take it until next semester. Hopefully that does not hold me back.
That is correct about the provisional acceptance. And no, that last prereq shouldn’t hold you back as long as it was in your application that you plan on taking it.

That is correct about the provisional acceptance. And no, that last prereq shouldn’t hold you back as long as it was in your application that you plan on taking it.
Thanks for the confirmation!

I am not too sure about all is provisional acceptance since the way that some of my friends who got accepted (already graduated and finished all prerequisites) received offers differently from mine?? I was confused and read the letter 3 times to make sure I understood correctly.

And yes, the letter told me to make a deposit with the same deadline date as the first wave offer.

It won't hold you back as long as you finish all of your pre reg by the end of Spring semester, so no worry!

super casual. Its a closed-file interview, so you don't really talk about your stats at all. They might ask a question about your shadowing background, but its mostly a conversation about you--i.e. why you're applying to dental school, what you do in your down time, etc... My only advice is not to eat breakfast that morning b/c they give you a big breakfast and lunch.
Thank you for the info! :)

Like @ColoradoTeeth said, it was very laid-back, but my interviewers actually asked me about my stats which I thought was inappropriate since it defeats the entire purpose of a closed file interview lol...but I guess it just depends on who interviews you.

I am not too sure about all is provisional acceptance since the way that some of my friends who got accepted (already graduated and finished all prerequisites) received offers differently from mine?? I was confused and read the letter 3 times to make sure I understood correctly.

And yes, the letter told me to make a deposit with the same deadline date as the first wave offer.

It won't hold you back as long as you finish all of your pre reg by the end of Spring semester, so no worry!

Nope. I already graduated and finished my pre-reqs back in 2016. It's only provisional for the reasons everyone already list.

Like @ColoradoTeeth said, it was very laid-back, but my interviewers actually asked me about my stats which I thought was inappropriate since it defeats the entire purpose of a closed file interview lol...but I guess it just depends on who interviews you.

I also got asked that too. For me, it was more of a leeway on discussing any difficulties I've faced throughout college and on the DAT. For example, I did poorly on the RC since I didn't eat or drink water all day.

During my interview, the rep from admissions told us they have rejected some people already. They also told us they've only offered acceptances to about 40-50 people and anticipate only 30-40 will accept their offers. I'm a non-trad as well and my interviewers seemed to appreciate that portion of my application. They will be interviewing until mid-February if I remember correctly and they have so far invited 270 applicants for interviews out of an applicant pool of 2500. I think an issue is that you did apply late, but not all hope is lost.

Thanks for the feedback and congratulations on the interview. Good luck!

Does anyone know when the second wave of acceptances will be?

Hey, could somebody explain what is meant by the tuition classifications? By my reading, it looks like out of state students actually pay less! This seems nonsensical, so I was wondering if someone could clear it up for me.

Hey, could somebody explain what is meant by the tuition classifications? By my reading, it looks like out of state students actually pay less! This seems nonsensical, so I was wondering if someone could clear it up for me.
Instate students are categorized as sponsored and out of state students are non-sponsored. Out of state students pay more. On the bottom of the tuition page you will see the breakdown by years.

Also, correct me if I am wrong. If OS students apply and change their residence status to IS, they still have to pay for Non sponsored tuition.

Also, correct me if I am wrong. If OS students apply and change their residence status to IS, they still have to pay for Non sponsored tuition.
That is correct (which is why they use the term “sponsored” instead of residency status terms). But only with the dental school. My wife was a pharmacy student and was able to get in state after her first year. The dental school will claim it is a University-wide policy... but apparently it isn’t. Unless you are military/veteran, there’s no way around it.

That is correct (which is why they use the term “sponsored” instead of residency status terms). But only with the dental school. My wife was a pharmacy student and was able to get in state after her first year. The dental school will claim it is a University-wide policy... but apparently it isn’t. Unless you are military/veteran, there’s no way around it.
Wow! They don't let you change your status after the first year and make you pay out of state tuition for 4 years? Pretty harsh...

Received the acceptance call a few hrs ago! So excited to get into my #1 school!! Missouri resident here

Status
Not open for further replies.