***The Official University of Colorado Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad :)
Would love to go here, have for awhile. Hope this is good news for more to come.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted today with a scholarship, can’t really believe it! Looking like I’m going to accept, but need to discuss with my partner first.
Also, when I talked to Crystal it sounded like a wait list is coming together in the next week or so and they weren’t quite done filling seats- I didn’t get any info that was too specific though.

I got accepted today with a scholarship, can’t really believe it! Looking like I’m going to accept, but need to discuss with my partner first.
Also, when I talked to Crystal it sounded like a wait list is coming together in the next week or so and they weren’t quite done filling seats- I didn’t get any info that was too specific though.
Yeah, I spoke to crystal too. There are a couple of seats left and they will contact people accordingly. The week after they will get the alternative list going.

When did you interview?

Just got a call with a scholarship offer! I was accepted on Dec 2 though

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed Crystal back on January 4th with app updates and a LOI. Would it be too soon to email her again and ask application status or when a waitlist would be coming out? I want to do this just to show that I want to go to Colorado. I also dont want to bug her though...

Is it a good sign if I got a call from Crystal asking if I was still interested in the program ?

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone been able to get in contact with Crystal? I have called her a few times and left voicemails over the past month. I also emailed her app updates and a letter of intent, but I haven't heard back from her at all

Has anyone been able to get in contact with Crystal?
I’ve talked to her a few times this week over email and phone about an email I sent her in the beginning of January, so she may just be slowly working through a busy inbox!

Does anyone know when more acceptances might go out?

congrats on your acceptance and scholarship ! Are you planning on attending CU?

Has anyone gotten an acceptance snail mail and information about Compliance Portal or how to make school email

Any more movement lately? News on a waitlist?

This may be really late to ask but does anyone know if they’re still conducting any final interviews? Last time I called (~a month ago) I was told that they interview until they fill their class, but not that they have a final interview date set. Any insight would be appreciated! Congrats to those that have been offered a seat!

Wondering the same! I'm OOS and I applied back in October. I haven't heard from them since, and I'm wondering when they'll finish up with interviews? Kinda antsy now haha

honestly they haven't even gotten back about a waitlist/rejection/acceptance to a lot of us who interviewed pre-december including myself so I'm not sure what stage of the cycle they're at, especially since they are so hard to get ahold of

honestly they haven't even gotten back about a waitlist/rejection/acceptance to a lot of us who interviewed pre-december including myself so I'm not sure what stage of the cycle they're at, especially since they are so hard to get ahold of
Well I can’t imagine how stressful that must be! Hope you hear back with some good news soon though! And just as a little update- I called earlier on my way to work and was told that they’re only interviewing now on a “as needed” basis. Sounded to me like they’re just finalizing their class. The “as needed” basis part was very vague though... are they interviewing people one by one? Will they have an interview date coming up soon for several people?

Just got notified via email that I’m an alternate candidate.

Does anyone know when the date is that people holding spots at multiple schools have to narrow it down to one?

Does anyone know when the date is that people holding spots at multiple schools have to narrow it down to one?
On March 1st schools are notified (have access to?) whether accepted students are holding onto multiple acceptances.

I called admissions today. They will be letting people know where they stand this week. If you don't hear back be patient.

Do you understand this whole alternate thing? Like are the 300 other people considered “alternates” or is there an actual waitlist? / How would we know where we stand?

Do you understand this whole alternate thing? Like are the 300 other people considered “alternates” or is there an actual waitlist? / How would we know where we stand?
I spoke to Crystal on the phone a couple weeks ago, and she said they were in the process of filling up the last few spots in the class and making the alternate list and the waitlist. From my understanding of what she said over the phone, the alternate list is the short list of students who barely missed the cut for acceptance, and if any of the students who've accepted a spot in the class go elsewhere, they'll pull from the alternate list first. The waitlist is after the alternate list, so waitlisted candidates will be contacted after the alternate list candidates for openings in the class. The alternate list isn't a bad place to be, but there's no telling how many others are also on the same list :/

Last edited:
Is there like a ranking for the alternate list that they will let us know where we are at?

Reactions: 1 users
I have an important question! I have 70 units of community college courses ( most of them were GEs that I did in senior year of high school and during my summer/winter breaks). I took almost all of my science courses at a 4 year institute.

CO's pages stated "No more than 60 semester hours are allowed from a community/junior college." so would they reject my application for having 70 units of extra (non pre-req courses)?

I have an important question! I have 70 units of community college courses ( most of them were GEs that I did in senior year of high school and during my summer/winter breaks). I took almost all of my science courses at a 4 year institute.

CO's pages stated "No more than 60 semester hours are allowed from a community/junior college." so would they reject my application for having 70 units of extra (non pre-req courses)?
I had 70 credits from cc and I got accepted. That limit is only when you have only 30 credits of the university. If you have a bachelor, they do not care you have more than 60.

I had 70 credits from cc and I got accepted. That limit is only when you have only 30 credits of the university. If you have a bachelor, they do not care you have more than 60.
thank you so much for the information.
I was lunky enough to speak with them on the phone and they said that having a lot of non pre-requisites units from the community college will not affect the applicants because many ppl take a lot of CC courses for non-academic purposes such as career exploration, so they won't care :happy: