2018 ***The Official University of Iowa Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that this is a long shot, but I figured I’d try and see what happens.

Is anyone willing to swap interview times with me? I’m currently signed up for December 6’s afternoon session (1145-4). I’d be willing to do the morning session on that day or any other day. I have something the evening of the 6th which is why the morning session would work for me. If anyone is up for switching, then let me know! Would be a huge help :)

Members don't see this ad.

I have my interview Friday, November 10, 9:00 - 2:00. Would that work for you?

I have my interview Friday, November 10, 9:00 - 2:00. Would that work for you?
Thank you so much for offering! That is extremely kind of you and I did not expect that. Sadly, I cannot do Fridays :(. Thanks again though for the offer! Much appreciated

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone received an email from Iowa OSFA (financial aid office) about some FAFSA verification? :wideyed::wideyed:

No, I haven't gotten that email. Have you already filled out next year's FAFSA?

Anyone received an email from Iowa OSFA (financial aid office) about some FAFSA verification? :wideyed::wideyed:
I filled out my FAFSA and sent it to them, but haven't gotten any email about it.

No, I haven't gotten that email. Have you already filled out next year's FAFSA?

Yeah I submitted FAFSA ~2 weeks ago. I called the office and this lady was confused why I got the email as a potential grad student. Lol here I'm just convincing myself that they would not send out the message if they had made the decision to reject me :rolleyes::rolleyes: (it has something to do with the IRS retrieval tools, so maybe not everyone has that problem like I do => no email)

Hey guys what does your status say on AADSAS? I already had my interview but never really looked to see if it changed and right now it says "none"...

Edit: oh I see that some of your status changed to check back on Dec 1. Well this is awkward.... are you guys instate?

Last edited:
My status changed to "Invited for Interview" the day I received their email invitation, and it changed to "Check Back Dec 1" about a month after my interview, and I'm in-state. But, for another school, my status says "None" even though I interviewed over a month ago, so it could just be really random? I'm not sure.

Reactions: 1 user
My status changed to "Invited for Interview" the day I received their email invitation, and it changed to "Check Back Dec 1" about a month after my interview, and I'm in-state. But, for another school, my status says "None" even though I interviewed over a month ago, so it could just be really random? I'm not sure.

Thanks for your input I really appreciate it! Hopefully I'm just reading too much into things....

Did anyones status change from none to received/under review (interviewed in October)?

Last edited:
Did anyones status change from none to received/under review (interviewed in October)?

Mine just changed from none to under review after my interview! I guess this status is better than none haha. I really don't know if it means anything as opposed to check back dec 1

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on Friday, November 10th. Just thought I would throw it out there. Is that too late for December 1st acceptance?

Did everyone get an email today from Iowa saying "reminder and encouragement" "you are welcome here"?

Reactions: 1 users
Looks like it is just promotional/marketing.. Did anyone not get it? It just seems weird to send "you are welcome here" days before you reject people. My portal still says check back Dec. 1st.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anybody's ADEA status still say invited for interview? I interviewed back in late September and it hasn't changed since... is this a bad sign?

Does anybody's ADEA status still say invited for interview? I interviewed back in late September and it hasn't changed since... is this a bad sign?
Mine still does but I interviewed November 10th!

Mine was none then changed to under review and I interviewed early September I think. Did you get the email this morning?

I didn't get an email today, but my portal has said "Check Back Dec 1st" for a few weeks

I got the "you are welcome here" email and my portal says check back on Dec. 1st too! I'm trying not to read too much into it though!

Interview on Monday.. Is this closed file or open? I heard from a friend that Iowa "roasts" you in the interviews/puts you on the spot. How true is that?

Interview on Monday.. Is this closed file or open? I heard from a friend that Iowa "roasts" you in the interviews/puts you on the spot. How true is that?
Not true at all. The interviewers were extremely nice, and I didn’t get that vibe whatsoever.

It is an interview, so they may ask you some questions that require a little bit of thinking, but they definitely don’t “roast” you.

Not true at all. The interviewers were extremely nice, and I didn’t get that vibe whatsoever.

It is an interview, so they may ask you some questions that require a little bit of thinking, but they definitely don’t “roast” you.
I completely agree, my interviewers were great. There were some tough questions mixed in there but just be yourself and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
It was not "conversational" in your conventional sense. They weren't really supposed to respond or follow up on anything you said and they told you that was a rule set forth by adcoms. That being said, the interviewers gave off a good vibe and it wasn't scary or anything.

Does anyone know of anyone that has been rejected by Iowa?

Did everyone get that Thanksgiving email this morning about how they are thinking/thankful of/for you?

My email was in my spam. Less than one week everybody, be thankful the wait is nearly over!!!

I just got an interview today, haven't set my interview date yet but the last interview date is supposed to be December 6th so I have basically a week to prepare and then Minnesota the next week.

Last edited:
you just got offered an interview you mean? not accepted? But congrats!!

Nothing yet... in the past they've done midnight, right?

someone in the countdown thread said he/she got the email ~ 12:30 last year :hungover::hungover:

darn it!! What is this torture :poke::bang::annoyed:

Reactions: 3 users
Talk about an anticlimactic moment... still waiting

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.