***The Official University of Kentucky Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much!
Of course!! For example, the Historic South Hill area is nice, and very safe! It's also pretty close to campus. Anywhere on S. Limestone is also generally nice and near campus. Or if you look further out Hamburg is a good area of Lexington and should be a simple commute! DM me if you want more info! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m abroad right now but I’ll be back in November. My interview is scheduled for early October, and it’s going to cost me fortune to fly here. If I were to request a later interview date, possibly later in November, would it significantly decrease my chances of admission? Since I’m assuming they make decisions on a rolling basis as they review their interviewees up to Dec 1st? I’m torn because I really can’t afford it but I also don’t want to cost myself in other ways by asking for a later date.

I’m abroad right now but I’ll be back in November. My interview is scheduled for early October, and it’s going to cost me fortune to fly here. If I were to request a later interview date, possibly later in November, would it significantly decrease my chances of admission? Since I’m assuming they make decisions on a rolling basis as they review their interviewees up to Dec 1st? I’m torn because I really can’t afford it but I also don’t want to cost myself in other ways by asking for a later date.

To my knowledge all pre-december interviews are equal, since they compete for the same amount of seats (65)! Try to reschedule, if they say they don't have anything before december than I reconsider

Reactions: 1 user
Of course!! For example, the Historic South Hill area is nice, and very safe! It's also pretty close to campus. Anywhere on S. Limestone is also generally nice and near campus. Or if you look further out Hamburg is a good area of Lexington and should be a simple commute! DM me if you want more info! :)
Ah thank you for this info! I got an air bnb near campus so I think I can just walk or Uber

Ah thank you for this info! I got an air bnb near campus so I think I can just walk or Uber
Awesome!! I would definitely agree about if you need to reschedule then you can try it! I don't think it would hurt you in anyway!

And GREAT! Walking campus is so pretty, especially in the fall! Check out some local restaurants while you're here! Lexington is awesome :)

Awesome!! I would definitely agree about if you need to reschedule then you can try it! I don't think it would hurt you in anyway!

And GREAT! Walking campus is so pretty, especially in the fall! Check out some local restaurants while you're here! Lexington is awesome :)
I decided to just keep the date! I definitely will, can’t wait to see it!:)

Received an interview for October 3rd! Anybody else interviewing on this date?

when did you get the invite?

I received the email saying I got the interview and asked for supplemental on the 12th. And I got the actual invite with the date of the interview on the 17th.

Anybody have any school-specific interview advice? My interview is coming up, and UK is a top choice. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody have any school-specific interview advice? My interview is coming up, and UK is a top choice. Thanks!

I am interested to learn the reasons for what makes this school your top choice, since you are OOS.
Thank you for sharing!

I am interested to learn the reasons for what makes this school your top choice, since you are OOS.
Thank you for sharing!
Close to family and a region I think is underserved.

Reactions: 1 users
How is the committee interview? Has anyone gone through this yet?

Does anyone know how many applicants UK interviews vs how many are offered an acceptance?

Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone can give me some clarity to my situation.
First, my stats:

In-state applicant
GPA: 3.93 sGPA: 3.84
AA:24 TS:21 GC:21 OC:26 Bio:20 RC:30 PAT: 22

They confirmed my application on Aug 13, and I haven’t heard anything yet. I received an invite from UofL at the end of August, though. Has anyone who got a confirmation email on or after this date received an invite? If so, does that mean that they skipped over me? I’m getting worried y’all.

Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone can give me some clarity to my situation.
First, my stats:

In-state applicant
GPA: 3.93 sGPA: 3.84
AA:24 TS:21 GC:21 OC:26 Bio:20 RC:30 PAT: 22

They confirmed my application on Aug 13, and I haven’t heard anything yet. I received an invite from UofL at the end of August, though. Has anyone who got a confirmation email on or after this date received an invite? If so, does that mean that they skipped over me? I’m getting worried y’all.

They sent my confirmed application fee payment 8/3 and I got my interview invitation 9/4 so it took a solid month. They mentioned in the webinar they hosted last week that it’s a long process because 3 to 4 people look over the application before inviting the applicant for interview. Your stats are great though and I feel very sure you have an invite coming!!

Does anyone know how many applicants UK interviews vs how many are offered an acceptance?

Based on previous cycles:
OOS applicants = 1690
OOS interviewed = 181
OOS offers = 70
OOS enrolled = 33

IS applicants = 137
IS interviewed = 94
IS offers = 47
IS enrolled = 31

Another word, after an interview you have 50% chance as an in-state and 39% chance as an out-of-state!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
OOS applicants = 1690
OOS interviewed = 181
OOS offers = 70
OOS enrolled = 33

IS applicants = 137
IS interviewed = 94
IS offers = 47
OOS enrolled = 31

Another word, after an interview you have 50% chance as an in-state and 39% chance as an out-of-state!
Thank you! So helpful!

OOS applicants = 1690
OOS interviewed = 181
OOS offers = 70
OOS enrolled = 33

IS applicants = 137
IS interviewed = 94
IS offers = 47
OOS enrolled = 31

Hello Everyone :) I am not affiliated with UK’s application review (merely a D3 student) but wanted to mention that our administration is aware of SDN threads and indicated that these numbers are inaccurate. If you applied to UK, our admissions office recently did an AADSAS webinar that can more accurately reflect the applicant pool. I know it’s a stressful time but remember to trust in the strength of your application ~Best wishes to you all on this cycle! :D

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hello Everyone :) I am not affiliated with UK’s application review (merely a D3 student) but wanted to mention that our administration is aware of SDN threads and indicated that these numbers are inaccurate. If you applied to UK, our admissions office recently did an AADSAS webinar that can more accurately reflect the applicant pool. I know it’s a stressful time but remember to trust in the strength of your application ~Best wishes to you all on this cycle! :D

I agree with you.
I found these statistics from the previous years' threads which has a summary of every school. These are estimates, and did not mean to be accurate. The only thing you can definitely conclude from these stats is that once you got an interview you have good chances.
I learned for this year; schools have increased the spots for interviewing applicants (before around 300 and now about 400).

Hi! Thanks for the info! Could you talk about what interviewing with the committee is like? Did you find it more or less stressful than a one-on-one?

Hi! Thanks for the info! Could you talk about what interviewing with the committee is like? Did you find it more or less stressful than a one-on-one?

Sure, I interviewed multiple years ago though so I am not sure how things have changed today! I believe I had 3 people in my interview from different departments (admissions staff, academic faculty, clinic faculty). They knew a little about me when I sat down which helped because I felt like they asked questions that were relevant to who I was as a person and applicant. I didn’t find it stressful because really they just want to get to know you beyond the written application.

Sure, I interviewed multiple years ago though so I am not sure how things have changed today! I believe I had 3 people in my interview from different departments (admissions staff, academic faculty, clinic faculty). They knew a little about me when I sat down which helped because I felt like they asked questions that were relevant to who I was as a person and applicant. I didn’t find it stressful because really they just want to get to know you beyond the written application.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the insight! :)

Anybody that interviewed yesterday have any thoughts/insight they'd like to share?

Interview #8
School:
Kentucky
Notification date: 10/8/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: Early June
Application complete date: Mid June
GPA (science, overall): 3.37, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/18/23/No
Interview date: Thankful for the opportunity, but will be declining.

--Best of luck to you all interviewing here!

Hey guys so I’ve already had an interview earlier this month. Does anyone know when and how they notify us if we make it? UofL said that Dec 1st is on a weekend so UofL will notify us on Dec 3 by phone and email. Is that the same with UK?

Hey guys so I’ve already had an interview earlier this month. Does anyone know when and how they notify us if we make it? UofL said that Dec 1st is on a weekend so UofL will notify us on Dec 3 by phone and email. Is that the same with UK?

UK will send acceptances on Dec 3rd

Are they still giving out interview invites or are they done for pre-December interviews?

If there are any current students at UK that could answer this or if anyone has any knowledge of the subject, how much weight does each interviewer carry in the admission decision process? Also, how much weight do the opinions of the students that join the interviewees for lunch hold? Is everyone that gets an interview on a level playing field at that point or does UK go back and re-weigh the application afterwards?

Reactions: 2 users
So I just recieved an email from them saying that it was held for further review and it says "Your admission materials from the AADSAS Application Service were recently reviewed. Before making any final decisions on your status we would like to review more applications and will notify you by email when any status changes are made" I don't know why
My stats oGPA 3.78 sGPA 3.65 DAT: AA 20, PAT 19, TS 20, Reading 23, QR 18. And none below 18

So I just recieved an email from them saying that it was held for further review and it says "Your admission materials from the AADSAS Application Service were recently reviewed. Before making any final decisions on your status we would like to review more applications and will notify you by email when any status changes are made" I don't know why
My stats oGPA 3.78 sGPA 3.65 DAT: AA 20, PAT 19, TS 20, Reading 23, QR 18. And none below 18
Could be related to your volunteer or shadowing hours.

I have a combination of 272 hours of volunteering and shadowing at dental clinic, emergency room volunteering, interpreting at clinics, mission trip. Community service, as well as dental shadowing. And I'm still doing them up until now as well

I have a combination of 272 hours of volunteering and shadowing at dental clinic, emergency room volunteering, interpreting at clinics, mission trip. Community service, as well as dental shadowing. And I'm still doing them up until now as well
When did you apply and are you in state or out?

I applied 06/06 and Im out of state from TN.
However, My dentist letter was turned in on Oct. 19th
It’s probably the late letter but I believe they do many post December interviews so hopefully you get one of those!!!

Anyone have their status change from “invited for interview” to something else?

I did not but is this something that happened to you? Will keep an eye out for status updates this week.

My status still says invited for interview, but will be on the lookout for a change :)

I did not but is this something that happened to you? Will keep an eye out for status updates this week.

Mine hasn’t changed yet either! I am just noticing other schools are beginning to change statuses (according to Facebook) and am impatiently wondering about UK

Mine says check back December 3rd
That mean you're in. The first few ppl status that changed to check back dec 3rd are in. The rest will change in a day or two, those are the waitlist. If you dont believe me, come back on the 3rd and prove me wrong. You're guarantee in.

That mean you're in. The first few ppl status that changed to check back dec 3rd are in. The rest will change in a day or two, those are the waitlist. If you dont believe me, come back on the 3rd and prove me wrong. You're guarantee in.
My status changed to "Check back Dec 3rd" too, praying this is a good sign!

Hmm. Just checked my UKY status. Also says to check back on Dec 3.

Those people whose status changed are in. You guys have nothing to worry about. There a reason why only a select fews status changed.

Those people whose status changed are in. You guys have nothing to worry about. There a reason why only a select fews status changed.
How do you know this? I've never heard this.

You messing with us?! How do you know?!

Status
Not open for further replies.