***The Official University of Kentucky Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSchoolorBust202X

Dental College of Georgia (Class of 2023)
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hadn't seen one posted for UK, so I thought I'd start it out :) Good luck, everybody!

Link to interview prep: University of Kentucky School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I applied late June, with a complete application and all letters. Has anyone heard back from UK admissions, in regards to them receiving the application?

I applied early June and haven't heard from them since mid-June when they asked for the application fee. They've not told me my application was complete at this point. I'm hoping that they're just getting things together and will get back to us soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an interview invite via email from UK.

Reactions: 1 user
I received an email from UK today too about an interview.

Im OOS, I submitted 06/26, heard from UK about app. fee on the 07/05. I have not heard anything since paying.

Im OOS, I submitted 06/26, heard from UK about app. fee on the 07/05. I have not heard anything since paying.
I haven’t heard anything since paying the fee back in June either.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I hope everyone gets in this year!

I am OOS, I received Interview invitation e-mail at the end of July and sent back my supplementary two days later. Just wanted to know if anyone receive detailed interview information (like interview date) yet? BTW, I don't think I received an e-mail mentioned my application is complete.

I am OOS, I received Interview invitation e-mail at the end of July and sent back my supplementary two days later. Just wanted to know if anyone receive detailed interview information (like interview date) yet? BTW, I don't think I received an e-mail mentioned my application is complete.
Thats weird, cause I received an email at the beginning on July saying my app was complete and havent heard a thing since.

Members don't see this ad :)

I also haven't heard anything after submitting my application and fee. What were your stats like, if you don't mind me asking?

I submitted app at June 15, and complete at June 18 (for the third recommendation letter)
I submitted my application early july but it didn't get verified until late july. I submitted the supp. fee a few days after. Still waiting on a interview invite.

I received an interview invite last week!
DAT: 19AA, 20TS
undergrad GPA: 3.6
undergrad science gpa: 3.34
grad GPA: 3.85 (heavy science graduate program)

Reactions: 1 users
Just received an interview! OOS, 20 AA, 20 PAT, 19 TS.

Reactions: 1 users
What was your gpa?

Massive upward trend. My GPA was only bad my first semester of college. Years 1-4 my GPA was 2.88, 3.88, 3.45, and 3.50. Lots of volunteering hours and 116 shadowing hours.

Massive upward trend. My GPA was only bad my first semester of college. Years 1-4 my GPA was 2.88, 3.88, 3.45, and 3.50. Lots of volunteering hours and 116 shadowing hours.
when did you submit your complete application?

Submitted my app 7/27 and was verified 7/28. I payed UK’s secondary fee that following week. My app has been completed with them for about a month.

It bothered me to not give you an exact date, so I went back through my emails and was notified on 7/31 that my secondary fee was received! That was the last email I received from them until yesterday, 9/4, stating I was selected for an interview.

It bothered me to not give you an exact date, so I went back through my emails and was notified on 7/31 that my secondary fee was received! That was the last email I received from them until yesterday, 9/4, stating I was selected for an interview.
awesome, thank you so much for checking

Also received an interview invite last week!

OOS
GPA: 3.34 overall, 3.2 science
DAT: 21 AA, 22 TS
Application complete e-mail: 8/13

I also received an interview but I haven’t filled out the supplemental yet. I’ll have time tomorrow, but I’m wondering if once you finish filling it out they give you a date? If so what was the date or what are the options? It’s killing me to not know but I don’t have time to finish the questions quite yet!

I also received an interview but I haven’t filled out the supplemental yet. I’ll have time tomorrow, but I’m wondering if once you finish filling it out they give you a date? If so what was the date or what are the options? It’s killing me to not know but I don’t have time to finish the questions quite yet!
They give you a date and ask if it works for you! Then you just have to confirm with them. :)

Once you fill it out and submit it, they will contact you for a date. I submitted my supplemental this morning and am waiting for them to send me a date!

They give you a date and ask if it works for you! Then you just have to confirm with them. :)
Thank you!! How far out did they schedule you? I’m from MA so I’m hoping to have time to book a plane such

Once you fill it out and submit it, they will contact you for a date. I submitted my supplemental this morning and am waiting for them to send me a date!
Thank you!!

Thank you!! How far out did they schedule you? I’m from MA so I’m hoping to have time to book a plane such

I'm not the OP, but I'm also from the Northeast so I can also help out with this answer. They scheduled me three weeks out. After I finished the supplemental, I didn't receive my interview date until a day or two later by Missy.

I'm not the OP, but I'm also from the Northeast so I can also help out with this answer. They scheduled me three weeks out. After I finished the supplemental, I didn't receive my interview date until a day or two later by Missy.
Thank you!! I sent it in last night so I’m sure I’ll find out soon.

Also received an interview invite last week!

OOS (OH)
GPA: 3.89 overall, 3.89 science
DAT: 22 AA, 21 TS
Application complete e-mail: 8/3

I'm in state and they still gave me about a month of notice!

I'm in state and they still gave me about a month of notice!

I’m OOS (Tennessee) and am about 4 hours away. I know that’s not too far, but they just sent me an email with my scheduled interview date and it’s in 2 weeks, midweek.. No complaints here because I’m grateful for the interview, I just thought that was sort of quick, considering I’ll need to inform my professors and find a hotel.

PSA: I’m from the area so if anyone needs any help finding things to do/places to stay or wants any suggestions feel free to DM me :) I love Kentucky and am all about getting people to want to be here!

PSA: I’m from the area so if anyone needs any help finding things to do/places to stay or wants any suggestions feel free to DM me :) I love Kentucky and am all about getting people to want to be here!
Do you have any suggestions for a cheap place to stay? These interviews are finically killing me haha as Kentucky is by far the most expensive plane ticket yet!

Do you have any suggestions for a cheap place to stay? These interviews are finically killing me haha as Kentucky is by far the most expensive plane ticket yet!
I would look up some airbnbs! They're pretty cheap usually, and are generally closer to campus than the hotels! Try to stay in the downtown area :)

Status
Not open for further replies.