****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked, it's not mentioned in any emails?
This is what one of the emails I received said:
If you want to connect with your future classmates or share information, please check for the Facebook page for the Class of 2021 (usually created by one of you!).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone happen to know the January interview dates?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Would you recommend we live alone or with roommates for D1? Do you have any recommendations of nice places to live?

I live here http://mungerresidences.org/ and it's the best bang for the buck with all the amenities we have, only a walk across the diag taking 10-15 minute walk to school

Any OOS people trying to decide between UMich and their in-state (waaaaay cheaper) school? Thoughts/insight/advice?

Any OOS people trying to decide between UMich and their in-state (waaaaay cheaper) school? Thoughts/insight/advice?
I mean Michigan is awesome, but go less expensive unless you can't stand your in-state school. It will be better for you when you're paying loans back in four years.

Congrats to everyone accepted! Has anyone started looking for housing yet?

Has anyone recieved the snail mail letter yet Im wondering what information is included. Im a little confused as to what the matriculation requirements are. When do classes start? How do we apply for finaid? When are the funds disbursed. Do we need to get a physical or anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone recieved the snail mail letter yet Im wondering what information is included. Im a little confused as to what the matriculation requirements are. When do classes start? How do we apply for finaid? When are the funds disbursed. Do we need to get a physical or anything?
All requirements were email, signing the electronic forms and sending the record of immunization. Also, submit transcripts (official).

All requirements were email, signing the electronic forms and sending the record of immunization. Also, submit transcripts (official).

None of the emails mentioned the specific start date right? Or did I miss it?

A question about the health insurance, if we pay the tuition are we automatically registered for the insurance plan?

anyone got rejected without interview? I m still waiting for an interview invite. i have received/app complete status.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when they start sending out interview invites for January?

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone else get their acceptance letters in the mail? Mine appeared to be opened and was sealed with tape. Just wondering as I found this suspicious.

Did anyone else get their acceptance letters in the mail? Mine appeared to be opened and was sealed with tape. Just wondering as I found this suspicious.

Mine was the same! I also found this odd, but if it wasn't just me I feel better.

I'm guessing they forgot to include something and didn't want to use new envelopes.

Have you guys found out where you want to live? I wanted a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom that wasn't too far from the school. The prices are around $2000. Those are NYC prices. Crazy.

Have you guys found out where you want to live? I wanted a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom that wasn't too far from the school. The prices are around $2000. Those are NYC prices. Crazy.

Seriously? Its expensive but I never figured that expensive. If you find a roommate or two you can find a house for 700-800 a month.

Currently living in Ann Arbor in a house with 8 guys and paying ~$650. If you find a roommate or 2 or 3, there are smaller houses (or apartments built into houses) that are similar in price or cheaper. I recommend Keys Management or Campus Realty Properties, as they're good landlords with decent prices.
Seriously? Its expensive but I never figured that expensive. If you find a roommate or two you can find a house for 700-800 a month.
Yeah it would definitely be cheaper wih a roomate. But I really wanted to live bymyself for D1 until I get used to dental school and meet friends I would want as roommates.

Lol what? I've found places $1000 close to campus (walking distance).

If you can, I'd recommend walking around and calling some of the numbers on buildings and asking what's available. There are a lot of private landlords that have things available for cheap. I did my masters here and lived in a 1 bedroom that was a 15 minute walk from the dental school and $800 a month. A lot of the houses there have been converted to individually leased apartments.

Just a question, when should you start seriously looking for a place to live? In terms of how many weeks/months before, when to secure a place, etc... Would appreciate some insight and advice.

Just a question, when should you start seriously looking for a place to live? In terms of how many weeks/months before, when to secure a place, etc... Would appreciate some insight and advice.
I'm already looking around. I mean, class starts in like 6 months, so I guess if you want your ideal place you'd want to figure it out sooner rather than later. I couldn't say what the best time would be though.

I'm probably going to call some apartments to figure out leasing availability too. Some of the places only lease starting in the fall it looks like.

You should look into living in the dental fraternity. I am starting school in June and plan on living in the fraternity for at least the first year. It is $650 a month which includes rent, all utilities, cable, internet, parking and laundry.

https://dsdalpha.wordpress.com/what-is-dsd/

I'm looking for places right now. If we get a 12 month lease starting June, would this cause any trouble for us next year as leases typically start and end on the Fall semester?

I'm looking for places right now. If we get a 12 month lease starting June, would this cause any trouble for us next year as leases typically start and end on the Fall semester?

What do you mean? If you get a 12-month lease starting in June, it will end in June.

I'm already looking around. I mean, class starts in like 6 months, so I guess if you want your ideal place you'd want to figure it out sooner rather than later. I couldn't say what the best time would be though.

I'm probably going to call some apartments to figure out leasing availability too. Some of the places only lease starting in the fall it looks like.

Thanks! I was just wondering how it works. For example, if I find a place I like now will they actually reserve it until June? Or do I need to start paying now?

Thanks! I was just wondering how it works. For example, if I find a place I like now will they actually reserve it until June? Or do I need to start paying now?
You'd have to contact the renter themselves, and they'd put you on a list so that your spot is reserved. You wouldn't have to pay until your lease starts.

Just got an interview invite!!!! This is my top choice and I literally started writing an update letter last night :)

Reactions: 5 users
Just got an interview invite!!!! This is my top choice and I literally started writing an update letter last night :)

congrats! It gives us hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Got an interview invite yesterday (9:30am)!

If you would like to know my stats and or other information, please PM me. Thank you!

Last edited:

What Fets said- you'd put a deposit down but wouldn't pay rent until your lease start date. It's probably a couple months too early to search CL for independent landlords. Larger complexes should be able to reserve you now.

I'm personally looking at Tower Plaza (that monstrosity), or somewhere farther north just above the river.

Looks like there's been a few post December interviews, but are these exclusively for IS or have there been OOS interviews too?

Status
Not open for further replies.