****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

My application was complete on 6/24. Anyone who also got their completion email that day or later receive an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Interview #6
School: Michigan
Notification date: 8/22/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/12
Application complete date: N/A
GPA (science, overall): 3.78, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/20/27/none
Interview date or dates available: 9/27 and 10/4

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #6
School: Michigan
Notification date: 8/22/19
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/12
Application complete date: N/A
GPA (science, overall): 3.78, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/20/27/none
Interview date or dates available: 9/27 and 10/4
Do you mind sharing what are the other 5 schools that you got interview invitation from?

Hey guys, does anybody have any insight of where UofM is in terms of interview invites. I applied June 5th but my application wasn't complete with my DAT score until July 18th. Has anyone received an invite with their app verified by then or are they not there yet? Thanks.

Hard to tell. I received the app complete email by Jul 2nd and I thought they were processing apps complete around that time frame based on a post in the 2019-2020 AADSAS thread yesterday but @Theteethgal posted yesterday in this thread that she had received an invite even though her app wasn't complete until Aug 8th. So I'm not so sure anymore if they're processing apps in chronological order.

Reactions: 1 user
Based on the trends so far, I'm assuming UofM sends out interview invites every other Wednesday since the first documented interview invites began 8/7 and the following ones were 8/21 and 9/4 so far. Do you think they will keep this trend?

Based on the trends so far, I'm assuming UofM sends out interview invites every other Wednesday since the first documented interview invites began 8/7 and the following ones were 8/21 and 9/4 so far. Do you think they will keep this trend?
I think they send them on Mondays and Wednesdays? Just a guess though, i could be wrong. I just know i got mine on weds august 7th but i know someone had posted about receiving one in the main interview thread a couple days before i had received one

Does anyone have any information regarding how high your chances of getting accepted are if you interview? I’ve read that Michigan only interviews roughly 300 applicants. For context, I’ve received my interview invitation and am out of state.

I received mine on 8/13, which was a Tuesday so it might be random.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any information regarding how high your chances of getting accepted are if you interview? I’ve read that Michigan only interviews roughly 300 applicants. For context, I’ve received my interview invitation and am out of state.
I dont have exact numbers but id say pretty high as a predecember interviewee, greater than 50% id think

I got an invite yesterday (9/18)!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! I'm OOS and I submitted on 6/13 and got the app complete on 6/28

Was your status "under review" prior to receiving the interview? I received my email similarly but my app still shows "app complete".

Was your status "under review" prior to receiving the interview? I received my email similarly but my app still shows "app complete".
I think so, but I don't check AADSAS that often so I'm not 100% sure.

Has anyone heard anything back from Michigan recently?

Hey guys! I got my invitation on 9/8. I was just stopping by to see if anyone had any sources of information for the MMI interview style aside from what MU has emailed me. A couple people were asking for stats so:
GPA: 3.45 sGPA: 3.47(3.49 w/o psych) DAT: AA: 21 TS: 22 PAT: 20 (OOS)
My extracurricular activities probably helped quite a bit, but I also graduated in 2018 and took 5 years.
If you're interested in a list of my extracurriculars let me know, but I did basically everything short of a job dental assisting. I aimed to appear well-rounded but competent, and it seems I conveyed that well.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I got my invitation on 9/8. I was just stopping by to see if anyone had any sources of information for the MMI interview style aside from what MU has emailed me. A couple people were asking for stats so:
GPA: 3.45 sGPA: 3.47(3.49 w/o psych) DAT: AA: 21 TS: 22 PAT: 20 (OOS)
My extracurricular activities probably helped quite a bit, but I also graduated in 2018 and took 5 years.
If you're interested in a list of my extracurriculars let me know, but I did basically everything short of a job dental assisting. I aimed to appear well-rounded but competent, and it seems I conveyed that well.

Congrats!
When did you apply?

Interview #5
School: UMich
Notification date: 10/9/19
Residency: Michigan
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/22
Application complete date: 6/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.5, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/26/25/none

Reactions: 3 users
For those who have interviewed, how was the interview? Any tips for preparing?

In all transparency, do you think they will hand out any more pre-December interviews? I know it's only October but I heard very little activity recently and wanted to know where I stand in terms of a possible invite.

In all transparency, do you think they will hand out any more pre-December interviews? I know it's only October but I heard very little activity recently and wanted to know where I stand in terms of a possible invite.
Look at last years thread and see when the last invite was posted. Also doesnt hurt to call em and ask.

I think they send invitations until november if you are in state, and for sure i think if ur from UM.... out of state im not sure

I think they send invitations until november if you are in state, and for sure i think if ur from UM.... out of state im not sure
Yeah I’m from Michigan so maybe they’ll send out last minute interviews more willingly to mi residents. Thanks.

I just got one today, so they're still giving them out!

Does anyone know if they are done with Pre-Dec interview invites?

Has anyone heard back from Michigan yet, or know if they still have any pre-december interview invites ?

Has anyone heard back from Michigan yet, or know if they still have any pre-december interview invites ?
I believe the last two pre-december interview dates are tomorrow (11/8) and next friday (11/15). There may not be any more invites going out until post-December 2nd.

I believe the last two pre-december interview dates are tomorrow (11/8) and next friday (11/15). There may not be any more invites going out until post-December 2nd.
Do they send post-December invites?

I thought they always did them Mondays and Wednesdays only?

Update: it looks like they're doing an additional November interview, so the last 2 pre-December dates are 11/16 and 11/22. After this, it looks like their first post-December interview is 1/17.

Update: it looks like they're doing an additional November interview, so the last 2 pre-December dates are 11/16 and 11/22. After this, it looks like their first post-December interview is 1/17.
at the interview, they said they plan on doing two post-December interviews. They also said that they don't intend to fill up their class on December 2nd. So even if one interviews post-December there is hope for them to be admitted! The second round of acceptances will be in February if I remember correctly.