**The Official University of Minnesota Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

I emailed them and got it switched! Oct 19th!
I was about to respond and say they're very flexible haha. But anyway that's when my interview is so I'll see you there :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Closed file. It's approximately 45 minutes and you interview with two people!

Two nice people?
Haha last year I had one very nice person and then my other interviewer didn't show up so they had to find someone really quick. He was also very nice!

Also side note. Any of you guys/gals have a October 5th interview?

Last edited:
I read the interview feedback section and someone mentioned that they had standard formula like questions for every students.. Was your experience stressful? I am kinda worried because i have never done closed file interview:S

I read the interview feedback section and someone mentioned that they had standard formula like questions for every students.. Was your experience stressful? I am kinda worried because i have never done closed file interview:S
They have a packet of questions they go through. Each person takes their turn asking questions and it's not too bad!

They have a packet of questions they go through. Each person takes their turn asking questions and it's not too bad!
Do you remember any difficult questions that they asked you? I had a look at the SDN list of questions for Minnesota, but didn't find too many questions on there...

Don't stress the interview, closed file, they just want to know the type of person you are. My experience was really "chill."

Reactions: 2 users
For those who want to interview, did you found any locker or place to put luggage? I kinda need to bring my luggage to the interview:S

Do you remember any difficult questions that they asked you? I had a look at the SDN list of questions for Minnesota, but didn't find too many questions on there...
Hardest one I had was, "Tell me about a time you had to apologize for something, how did you do it?" Or something along those lines either way it's a tough one.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who want to interview, did you found any locker or place to put luggage? I kinda need to bring my luggage to the interview:S
Anyone??
Also what % of applicants invited for interview get accepted??

^also interested to know acceptance rate after interview.
Side note, is anyone else on here interviewing on oct 19? If so, I'll see you there :D

Lady told us 20% of OOS interviewees accepted end up enrolling. So multiply number of enrollees by 5 and divide by # of OOS interviewed

Lady told us 20% of OOS interviewees accepted end up enrolling. So multiply number of enrollees by 5 and divide by # of OOS interviewed
Also have to take into account those offered a spot and not taking it. Especially with the cost of OOS tuition

According to the ADEA guide book:
35 OOS enrolled, 153 were interviewed.
35*5 = 175. 114% chance of acceptance if interviewed OOS. I like those odds

Hahaha I know. But that's actually comforting. Those were estimated numbers, but it seems like that means most people eventually get accepted who were interviewed

Hey guys, I have a question for those with interviews. I was sent an invitation on September 22, I sent the confirmation email right away, and was sent an information email the day after. Along with the info email, I was sent another email with an application for pre-D1 summer research fellowship. I am wondering if this is something everyone gets, or only a selection of interviewees. I do have a pretty strong research background. Thanks.
I think everyone gets them:)

Anyone still waiting to hear from the university? I'm from Canada! So not sure how much longer it will be before notification! But congrats to all that got an interview!

Anyone still waiting to hear from the university? I'm from Canada! So not sure how much longer it will be before notification! But congrats to all that got an interview!

Yup! I'm patiently waiting over here..although I didn't submit my supplemental until early September **nailbiting** I hope it didn't ruin my chances

I interviewed sept 23 with two other gentleman. Great day, relaxed interview, friendly dental students, nice facilities, great area.

Hello prospective MN D1's! I just wanted to let you all know that this is a fantastic program. If you have any questions about Minnesota or what year 1 is like so far, send them my way. Be encouraged, be confident, be yourself- Ski-U-Mah! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Is it too early to say that Minnesota is no longer giving out pre-December interview ?

Anyone have an interview on the 19th and want to explore Minneapolis a bit the day/evening before?

Is there any place I can put the luggage during the interview? My check out time is during the interview and they are not holding on to it so I need to carry the luggage with me..

Anyone have an interview on the 19th and want to explore Minneapolis a bit the day/evening before?
Hey im interviewing on the 19th also :). I just got here today and walked around the campus for about 3 hours. If you are up for it email me I would love to have a company on Minneapolis exploration.

Last edited:
Application completed: Sept 16
Interview email: Oct 6

Interview date: Nov 11!!!! ^-^

Does anyone interviewing on Nov 11 want to share a hotel room and split the price??? I'll be sleeping over on Nov 10 & Nov 11! We could explore the city! I'm from Florida :D. If you are interested, please inbox me!

Hey, guys. I got Interview invite for Nov. 4. Anyone else is interviewing this day? I actually work on campus and if anyone needs any help or want a tour around, message me. Glad to help future (hopefully) classmates :) xoxoxo

Hey, guys. I got Interview invite for Nov. 4. Anyone else is interviewing this day? I actually work on campus and if anyone needs any help or want a tour around, message me. Glad to help future (hopefully) classmates :) xoxoxo
Instate? Also congrats! We've probably seen each other around if you go to ASDA events!

Instate? Also congrats! We've probably seen each other around if you go to ASDA events![/QUO
Thank you!! Yes, I graduated from UMN in 2014. Nor really, I v never been to any ASDA events:)

On my way to UMN... :) does anyone know if there is any space there that I could put my carry on luggage? I am planning to leave to the airport right after my interview, so I will have my luggage with me.

If anyone can give me any advice, I would really appreciate it! I'm getting pretty nervous about it. It is my first interview!!!!

Is the light rail safe to use? Should I get a rental car or just use the metro?

On my way to UMN... :) does anyone know if there is any space there that I could put my carry on luggage? I am planning to leave to the airport right after my interview, so I will have my luggage with me.

If anyone can give me any advice, I would really appreciate it! I'm getting pretty nervous about it. It is my first interview!!!!

Yeah you can leave it in the Dean's office. The interview is challenging because lots of the questions are situational. Just be genuine and put some thought into your answers.

The light rail is a safe and cheap alternative to renting a car. It drops you off right in front of the school.

^Yup light rail is safe, clean, and easy. Can get straight from the school to the airport (or mall of america) with just one transfer

Thanks guys! Really appreciate your comments :)
Hope your interviews all went well! (I also hope mine goes well too. haha)
Did you all find the interview relatively "less stressful"? How did you all feel about the UMN interview? :)

Thanks guys! Really appreciate your comments :)
Hope your interviews all went well! (I also hope mine goes well too. haha)
Did you all find the interview relatively "less stressful"? How did you all feel about the UMN interview? :)
Haha you probably won't like this answer, but I found it to be the most stressful one I've had. Only because of the types of questions and the fact that my check-in time was 7:15 am haha. I'm sure you'll be fine though :)

Haha you probably won't like this answer, but I found it to be the most stressful one I've had. Only because of the types of questions and the fact that my check-in time was 7:15 am haha. I'm sure you'll be fine though :)

Mine is at 7:15am as well!!!! At least I am gaining an hour tonight so that helps!
I heard it is closed-file interview and ask a lot of situational/behavioural questions so that's making me nervous. How long was your interview? Approximately how many questions may I ask?
I just hope they ask me questions that I prepared for! haha I hope I can really show myself and my experiences rather than answering "good" answers, so that they can really figure out if I fit in this school or not :)
Thanks for your input :)

I just got an interview offer for January 11. I'm grateful, but not sure what to think about it being in January. Do you have any idea why they would have it after the first round of acceptances go out?

Anyone have any thoughts comparing UMN dental school to the university of Pittsburgh dental school? Besides Pittsburgh being cheaper.

Thanks!