**The Official University of Minnesota Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Anyone have any thoughts comparing UMN dental school to the university of Pittsburgh dental school? Besides Pittsburgh being cheaper.

Thanks!
Both schools are excellent. Minnesota's clinics seem more recently renovated, while Pitt I think has more specialties and CEREC technology. The cities of Minneapolis and Pittsburgh seemed similar, too, though I think Minneapolis is bigger. Pitt is up a giant hill, though. I (and you) would be lucky to attend either school!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have any thoughts comparing UMN dental school to the university of Pittsburgh dental school? Besides Pittsburgh being cheaper.

Thanks!
I interview at Pitt on Monday so I can let you know if I remember

Legacy382-- what were your stats? We seem to have interviewed at many of the same schools, but I'm still waiting to hear from Creighton...

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks hellofuturedentists.

I interview at on On November 9th, Monday at Pitt also., but Minnesota Invited me to interview on Jan 11. Good Luck! Both schools seems to be great. I feel very lucky to be picked to interview.

My stats are a little low in some aspects: 3.2 GPA, 22 on the DAT, no sections below 20. My GPA about the last 2.5 years has been around a 3.6.
My extracurricular stuff: I had a lot of work experience and quite a bit of service through my church. I served 2 years as a missionary, and have been able to serve a lot in my church for the last 5 years. Maybe that's what got me in.

Interviews: Louisville, Indiana, Pittsburgh, Minnesota

Reactions: 1 users
Legacy382-- what were your stats? We seem to have interviewed at many of the same schools, but I'm still waiting to hear from Creighton...
oGPA: 3.915
sGPA: 3.92
DAT... AA20...19Bio...20GC....20OC...22RC....18QR....18PAT

My one of my hometown dentists is from Creighton (Letter from him) plus I'm catholic so that prolly helps a little for Creighton

Reactions: 1 user
Is there any place I can put the luggage during the interview? My check out time is during the interview and they are not holding on to it so I need to carry the luggage with me..

Not sure if this is too late or not, but where are you staying before your interview? Ask at the front desk if they will hold it for you at the hotel. If not, are you close to the Mall of America? If so, there are lockers there if you are taking the light rail to/from the airport. I'm not sure about during the actual interview though.

Not sure if this is too late or not, but where are you staying before your interview? Ask at the front desk if they will hold it for you at the hotel. If not, are you close to the Mall of America? If so, there are lockers there if you are taking the light rail to/from the airport. I'm not sure about during the actual interview though.
Look into airbnb on the campus itself. It would be cheap and the UMN campus is awesome.

My interview today definitely surpassed my expectations. Didn't think I would like it as much as I did! :biglove:Very friendly and relaxed. Good luck, guys!;)

I just got an interview offer for January 11. I'm grateful, but not sure what to think about it being in January. Do you have any idea why they would have it after the first round of acceptances go out?
Congrats! Interview offer is better than nothing. They would continue interviewing people until they fill their class. I have interview in other school in feb so don't feel weird about it :)
Mind if I ask when you submitted supplemental btw?

My interview today definitely surpassed my expectations. Didn't think I would like it as much as I did! :biglove:Very friendly and relaxed. Good luck, guys!;)
what did you think of the clinical experience there if you don't mind me asking?

what did you think of the clinical experience there if you don't mind me asking?
I think from what I've seen (I volunteer with U of MN students) is great. They get you a lot of real world experience also. I think they are required to have 10-12 weeks of outreach. And they are starting to get D1's in clinic by having them assist.

Clinical experience is great. Students have to do outreach experiences (a requirement of graduation), also ton of experience at dental clinics which are actually located in Moos Health Sciences Tower (where students basically live:) Also, now they are changing the curriculum with early clinical exposure (good idea).

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, now they are changing the curriculum with early clinical exposure (good idea).

Yeah, if I remember correctly they pair up D1/D3 and D2/D4 for clinics. Not many schools get the D1's in the clinics from what I have seen so this is a nice perk/break from 24/7 class and lecture. :)

Any status updates on either the browser or mobile portal for anyone?

Status change to check back Dec 1 but it is December 1!! Just give me the bad news already haha

I have this too.... does that mean they will reject us? :(

I hope it means an acceptance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offer made !!!!

means we're in right!!

Mine too!! Hope this is real!

OFFER MADE AADSAS MOBILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG JUST KIDDING. I WAS ON COMPUTER WEBSITE WITH MY MOBILE!!!!!!!!!
OFFER MADE!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH
(It means I am accepted right?!)

OMG JUST KIDDING. I WAS ON COMPUTER WEBSITE WITH MY MOBILE!!!!!!!!!
OFFER MADE!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH
(It means I am accepted right?!)
Congrats! lol i was about to say you're probably still doing it wrong :)

Offer made via aadsas mobile! Go gophers!

Seriously tho.... "Offer made" means accepted right right right?!?!?!?!?!? OMGGGGGGGGG TELL ME I AM RIGHT

no you have to go to the mobile one. Google aadsas mobile and log in from that. my regular aadsas still says check back
Thanks for the heads up !!! I was confused as to how to check that! Offer made as well :)

Just got email confirmation :angelic:

Did anyone get into summer research? I just got invitation email?

Just got email confirmation :)))))))))))))
I was dreaming about opening my portal and woke up 1937364389228 times last night. It was so worth it!!!!! Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Acceptance. OOS. North Dakota!

No response on the summer research. Just got the acceptance email

I received the invitation for summer research too, Cookiesto!