*** The Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Got interview invitation today!
Same, I'm going September 21st! Congrats!
Did they confirm your date selection yet? I'm antsy to make reservations/get someone to cover my work shift but I can't do that until they confirm!

EDIT: Just realized it's been less than an hour. Man I am very impatient haha

Members don't see this ad.

Yes they did, within a few hours. If you email them today I can't imagine they won't email you in the morning tomorrow! Which date are you thinkin?
Sweet! I'm thinking September 21. I responded like 10 minutes after they sent the email so I'm hoping it's not full yet

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am out of states because of my grandfather's health so I wanted to schedule mine after my flight (sept 30th). Apparently I have to talk to the admissions director to get an answer. She said that my interview offer might get rescinded because of it.. so I don't think I should risk it. (what do you guys think?)

Do you guys think it's too late to schedule for Sept 21st now :(?

I am out of states because of my grandfather's health so I wanted to schedule mine after my flight (sept 30th). Apparently I have to talk to the admissions director to get an answer. She said that my interview offer might get rescinded because of it.. so I don't think I should risk it. (what do you guys think?)

Do you guys think it's too late to schedule for Sept 21st now :(?
If it's a family issue, they might work with you. You should probably write something out that you will say to them if you want to ask for a later date. I don't think it'd be too late for the 21st unless you already flat out told them you will not go. People at Pitt are nice and understanding :)

dumb question but what dimensions did most people use on their pic that they sent?

Since it is electronic I was wondering if most people just sent the smallest pixel option for height/width instead of 2x2 inches?

dumb question but what dimensions did most people use on their pic that they sent?

Since it is electronic I was wondering if most people just sent the smallest pixel option for height/width instead of 2x2 inches?
I went for roughly 2x2 inches. Ended up being like 1.98 x 2.01 or something

I got confirmed too, on 21st.

Are you guys planning to get a hotel maybe?

Reactions: 2 users
Interview for the 21st!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got confirmed too, on 21st.

Are you guys planning to get a hotel maybe?
Nope. I go to Pitt for undergrad haha. The Hilton is more expensive, but it's super nice, right down the hill, and the shuttle will drive you up. Wyndham is also close, but on the other side of campus. Guess it doesn't really matter if there's a shuttle.
I got a hotel about where I-79 and I-376 meet. It says 20 minutes to the school without traffic. How bad is morning rush hour on I-376E? I'm obviously gonna leave as early as it takes to get there on time, but just wanted the opinion of someone who is in the area. Thanks!
I think it's pretty bad, like a normal city rush hour. Leave early. Google maps tells ETA with traffic taken into account. That should help :)

I got a hotel about where I-79 and I-376 meet. It says 20 minutes to the school without traffic. How bad is morning rush hour on I-376E? I'm obviously gonna leave as early as it takes to get there on time, but just wanted the opinion of someone who is in the area. Thanks!
Honestly, I'm not sure what traffic is like in the morning but I know traffic going 376W in the afternoon is atrocious. So I'm guessing it's similar during rush hours. also Pittsburgh roads are a convoluted mess.

Nope. I go to Pitt for undergrad haha. The Hilton is more expensive, but it's super nice, right down the hill, and the shuttle will drive you up. Wyndham is also close, but on the other side of campus. Guess it doesn't really matter if there's a shuttle.

Thanks! Does shuttle run early? It looks like we have to get there by 8:15.

Thanks! Does shuttle run early? It looks like we have to get there by 8:15.
I'm sure it does. Hotels are used to this type of thing. You can probably reserve it in advance. Worst case scenario, you can walk (run) to the dental school, though it's up a pretty big hill

I'm at the Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville. If you have your own car I would say it's a good option. I got a room with two double beds for $115, and if I can split it with someone that'd be a reasonable price.

I booked a room at the Hampton Inn via the link in the invitation email. It's $109 plus tax, and it's half a mile from the interview with shuttle service. Recommend changing hotels.

Reactions: 2 users
Still waiting mail date 7/2. do you guys know if they prefer in-state? im from NJ

Anyone interviewing 9/14 that would like to see the city afterwards? I'm OOS and would like to see what Pittsburgh has to offer!

Last edited:
I am not, but I highly suggest you get a sandwich at Primanti Brother's. They put fries and coleslaw right on the sandwiches and they are amazing. Also, if you get in on the 13th early enough for the 1:35pm Pirates game, PNC is beautiful and well worth the reasonably priced tickets, especially now that the Pirates are contenders.
That sounds awesome! Thank you :)

I tried doing this and it said the promo code or whatever didn't work. The quoted me at like $230 a night. No way jose :arghh:

Edit: I had to play around with dates to finally get the promo code. Which means my flight will be altered. Sheesh, it's expensive out here haha
Haha Pittsburgh cost of living is actually pretty cheap for the size of city it is. But I'll see you on the 21st :)

Reactions: 1 users
@Daneosaurus @BrazilianRider Hey I am looking to apply next cycle and was wondering what your thoughts were on my chances! I'm out of state with a 3.6 overall and 3.2 science. I got 20AA, 19TS, and 21 PAT (but bio was a 17 :/). My extra curriculars are above average and I just got a job assisting at a dental practice so I'll have plenty of hands on experience and I've done plenty of volunteering through Mission of Mercy and Global Brigades. Do you think I have a decent shot? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Received my interview invitation yesterday! I couldn't attend either date offered to me, so I will be attending October 14th. GPA 3.78, sGPA 3.76. OOS, submitted first batch, supplemental right after.

Does anyone know how late Pittsburgh sends out pre-Dec invites?

Last edited:
I have an interview Sept 14th, booked a room with two queen beds a Hampton for $109. I'd love to share it with another girl) Also, does anybody know what is the best way to return to NYC on Monday evening?

I have an interview Sept 14th, booked a room with two queen beds a Hampton for $109. I'd love to share it with another girl) Also, does anybody know what is the best way to return to NYC on Monday evening?
If you can afford it, fly. Otherwise, there's megabus/greyhound and amtrak I think. You'd have to bus/taxi/uber down town to get to the station. Bus fair downtown is less than $3 and to the airport is less than $4.

I have a room there too but I'm a guy lol I'm on the hunt for someone to split it too, so anybody message me if you're interested!
I'm still working out where I'll be staying. I might stay with a family friend, but if that doesn't work out, I'll definitely take up your offer.

Any girl interviewing September 21st wanna share a hotel room? I have a room with two beds at the Hampton Inn ($109/night but $55/night each + fees) for two nights. Sunday night and Monday night. Anyone wanna split it with me? Message me por favor :)
Oh darn! I already booked my room for the same two nights at the same hotel haha. :smack:

Man, you guys are awesome! I tried to set up meeting up with other interviewers over in the UF thread and, crickets. I stayed in a hotel in Gainesville all by my lonesome and had the whole day the day prior to the interview. I mostly just vegetated at the restaurant/bar that was attached to my hotel. Gainesville is not a pleasant place for a stroll through campus this time of year especially for someone accustomed to an Ohio climate.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes!!! We need someone to take us to the good spots :)
Of course! We can start a PM when it gets closer and figure stuff out haha. I love Pitt and I'll be happy to show everyone my favorite foods and bars

Reactions: 3 users