*** The Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Pittsburgh has an essay application to fill out for a scholarship after interview and I totally understand the purpose. Does anyone know why they do it before acceptance, like the essay. I'm sure many people submit it but they don't accept everyone they interview. Do you think the essay factors into their decision making?

I doubt it factors into the decision at all. They just want to be able to give people scholarship information at the time of acceptance in December so they're more incentivized to attend Pitt if they do receive some sort of scholarship.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone that already interviewed have the portal change to check back dec 1st? I didn't but I'm curious if anyone did.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone that already interviewed have the portal change to check back dec 1st? I didn't but I'm curious if anyone did.
Nope. But they still have another interview day on Monday. Maybe it'll change closer to the end of November

Hm. Maybe. From past years check back means acceptance. I'm keepin an eye on that. Ha
Ya but like maybe they don't decide until after all the pre-december interview dates. So don't worry quite yet haha

For anyone that interviewed, did you have to do a writing sample?

For anyone who interviewed at Pitts, any recommendations on where to park? I think i'll be driving to the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody here attend the interview today?

Had the interview yesterday. Great program, city, people. Crossing my fingers for December 1st.

Reactions: 1 users
For those who have already interviewed, did the decision date of anybody's status on AADSAS for Pitt change to a later date but still say "Invited for Interview"? Pitt also moved to the bottom of the list of schools on the decision page.

For those who have already interviewed, did the decision date of anybody's status on AADSAS for Pitt change to a later date but still say "Invited for Interview"? Pitt also moved to the bottom of the list of schools on the decision page.

Yes, if you were invited for an interview that's normal

Nope haha. But hopefully that means good news for you :)
Check AADSAS mobile. Apparently there's a glitch there that sometimes lets you see offer made when regular AADSAS still says something else

Reactions: 1 users
My AADSAS status today changed to "Application Denied" No email or anything from the school though. Oh well :(

My AADSAS status changed from 'Application denied' to 'Received/Application Complete'... Is that normal..?

Yeah
My AADSAS status changed from 'Application denied' to 'Received/Application Complete'... Is that normal..?
Mine still says denied :(

I don't find it weird to be rejected without interview, but you would think they'd at least send like a mass email or snail mail telling us we're rejected. The status change alone is a little harsh haha.

Yeah

Mine still says denied :(

I don't find it weird to be rejected without interview, but you would think they'd at least send like a mass email or snail mail telling us we're rejected. The status change alone is a little harsh haha.

especially if you were in state and that was the only school you applied to... wake up one morning and check AADSAS... "Application Denied"

Mine is changed back to "invited for the interview" from "application denied"

What is going on Pitt?

Mine is changed back to "invited for the interview" from "application denied"

What is going on Pitt?

Oh no.. :nailbiting:

I would call them the first chance I get on Monday. Hopefully it's just a mistake....

What batch were all you guys? I haven't gotten an interview yet but my AADSAS portal didn't change to app denied.

My app changed from under review, to application denied, to application complete.

Playing with my emotions!

Declined to application complete this morning. Feel like they jumped the gun on rejections on accident but our fates are sealed

Sounds like it was a clerical/computer error, rather than a preemptive rejection. If you were being rejected, they would not need to change the status back to app complete.

Status changed to "rejected" 2 days ago to now "received/application complete". Strange.

Sounds like it was a clerical/computer error, rather than a preemptive rejection. If you were being rejected, they would not need to change the status back to app complete.

On the other hand, they would need to change it back since they're not supposed to release the decision until the Dec. 1st....