*** The Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

On the other hand, they would need to change it back since they're not supposed to release the decision until the Dec. 1st....

Pretty sure they can reject you before 12/1. Many, including me were rejected by UCSF.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
On the other hand, they would need to change it back since they're not supposed to release the decision until the Dec. 1st....
They can reject you at any point, with or without interview. It's in their best interest not to reject people that have interviewed there though until they have a complete class list

Has anyone's status changed to "check back dec. 1st"? It seems like from other years they did..but who knows.

Members don't see this ad :)
got a rejection email......FML. that was my best interview and one of my top choices

3.75 SGPA
22 DAT
mail out: 7/31

good luck to everyone else

Mine also says check back Dec 1

got a rejection email......FML. that was my best interview and one of my top choices

3.75 SGPA
22 DAT
mail out: 7/31

good luck to everyone else
I think i just got a rejection email from them they made it sound confusing or am I overthinking it lol

@odent

this is what i got:

"This year we received approximately 2,100 applications for 80 places, making the competition keen and our task difficult. Regrettably, we cannot accommodate all students interested in our program.

We are unable to discuss details of individual application decisions.

Please visit our website, http://dental.pitt.edu/admission-requirements, to view admissions parameters, reapplication suggestions and answers to frequently asked questions, as all admissions decisions are final.

The interest you have shown in the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine is deeply appreciated!"

@odent

this is what i got:

"This year we received approximately 2,100 applications for 80 places, making the competition keen and our task difficult. Regrettably, we cannot accommodate all students interested in our program.

We are unable to discuss details of individual application decisions.

Please visit our website, http://dental.pitt.edu/admission-requirements, to view admissions parameters, reapplication suggestions and answers to frequently asked questions, as all admissions decisions are final.

The interest you have shown in the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine is deeply appreciated!"
yea same here I had to keep rereading it just to make sure its a rejection and I'm still having hopes that its not...maybe i just need some sleep or an acceptance

Got the email as well. My initial thoughts were that it was a rejection.

I didn't get that email. Not sure if you guys interviewed. Sounds like a waitlist maybe?

yeah had an interview in Oct.

Members don't see this ad :)
nope no interview
Same. No interview either. I was one of the people whose status on AADSAS was rejected and then changed back to complete. That's why I'm assuming it's a rejection lol

Got this as well, pretty sure it's a rejection. It's like when a girl wants to break up with you but doesn't have the guts to tell you

Reactions: 5 users
Same. No interview either. I was one of the people whose status on AADSAS was rejected and then changed back to complete. That's why I'm assuming it's a rejection lol
yea they did the same with me

My status changed to offer made

Reactions: 2 users
Guys, check your mobile portal!
My normal desktop portal still says "check back on Dec. 1st" but my mobile portal says offer made! I'm rooting for you guys!!!!!

Last edited:
Mine didnt even change to check back dec 1st, I guess thats waitlist/rejection

OMG OFFER MADE VIA AADSAS MOBILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
No status change or email here.. I guess I'm waitlisted :/

Offer made via aadsas. OOS- NORTH DAKOTA!!!!!!!!!

No status change for me either :(, i'm sure the waitlist will move though

Offer made plus scholarship

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an email 10:54 am about the acceptance package!

Accepted to Pitt!

Acceptance #1!
School: Pitt
Notification date: 12-01-2015
Method of notification: email
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/18/2015
GPA (science, overall) 3.97, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/20/21/none below 17

Anyone get a scholarship offer without filling out the scholarship stuff? I did... Interview was Nov and haven't had time to do it. but got money some how!!!

Reactions: 1 users