***The Official University of Utah class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview #1 for me on the morning of October 16th. I'm super pumped as I am a second-year applicant who didn't (but should've) applied here last cycle! For those wondering, I got the interview invite on September 25th but have just now gotten around to posting in the forum. Hope to see some of you all on the 16th!

Members don't see this ad.

Interview #1 for me on the morning of October 16th. I'm super pumped as I am a second-year applicant who didn't (but should've) applied here last cycle! For those wondering, I got the interview invite on September 25th but have just now gotten around to posting in the forum. Hope to see some of you all on the 16th!
Hey congrats!!! :)

Do you mind sharing your stats and the date your application went under review? Thanks!!

Notification date: 10/05/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS - GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/28/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.90, 3.87
DAT (AA/TS/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/28/none
Interviewing Monday, October 22nd

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything from Utah yet and they are definitely one of my top choices. I am OOS. Would anyone recommend I contact admissions office and see where the status of my app is?
Hello, MolarBear12. I have received the interview invitation at the end of October. The time lists for me under November 9, 2018, is their FINAL INTERVIEW DAY. I personally think this is a good time to check your status with them. Hope this information helps.

Hello, MolarBear12. I have received the interview invitation at the end of October. The time lists for me under November 9, 2018, is their FINAL INTERVIEW DAY. I personally think this is a good time to check your status with them. Hope this information helps.
Wow. Do they mean final interview day pre-December or does the University of Utah not conduct any interviews after November 9th? If so, I didn't realize there were no post-December interviews here!

Wow. Do they mean final interview day pre-December or does the University of Utah not conduct any interviews after November 9th? If so, I didn't realize there were no post-December interviews here!
I think he was just referring to the last day listed on the interview invite email. When I got the email the last day listed was October 12th.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know the answer to that. According to my email, they put Friday, November 9, 2018, at (time), THIS IS OUR FINAL INTERVIEW DAY with a high lighter. I also do some research of the school, and they mention the interviews occur Oct.- Nov.; acceptance offers begin Dec. 1 somewhere in their website. Maybe checking with them would be better.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know the answer to that. According to my email, they put Friday, November 9, 2018, at (time), THIS IS OUR FINAL INTERVIEW DAY with a high lighter. I also do some research of the school, and they mention the interviews occur Oct.- Nov.; acceptance offers begin Dec. 1 somewhere in their website. Maybe checking with them would be better.
If the email said it like that then I'd agree, it sounds like they won't be doing post dec. interviews.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for this information - it definitely helps! I will ask them my status since the last interview day is November 9th
Did you contact them? I’d love to hear what you found out, if you’ve been able to get ahold of them.

Does anyone know if tomorrow is truly the last day for them to hold interviews here?

Did you contact them? I’d love to hear what you found out, if you’ve been able to get ahold of them.

Does anyone know if tomorrow is truly the last day for them to hold interviews here?

I was there yesterday for a little predental social they hosted and we found out that yes, yesterday was their final interview day. Sorry peeps! Best of luck to everyone.

Does anybody know what time they start sending out acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they only do emails for acceptances?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

That’s what I have seen on past threads. Does anyone’s status say check back dec 3rd online or still say invited for interview?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

That’s what I have seen on past threads. Does anyone’s status say check back dec 3rd online or still say invited for interview?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My is still invited for interview

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Mine is still invited to interview as well

Accepted! In-state 12:05 am

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know how long we have to make a decision?

Accepted In state! 12:01am email.

Congrats guys! Any out of state accepted? Any waitlisted?

Yeah I’ve only heard of In-State acceptances so far, have any OOS heard anything yet?

I’m oos... I think? Go to a Utah college but have CA residency.

I’m OOS, Az resident, got the acceptance at 12:01am.

Just got an email, placed on the unranked waitlist. Haven't interviewed

Nevermind just got waitlisted on the unranked waitlist.

Anybody on the ranked waitlists care to share their number? Just so we can gauge how many there are? Are there 10 spots, 20?

I am 17 on the ranked alternate list for OOS

I am #9 on the ranked alternate list for OOS.

Accepted! Out-of-State from Illinois

Reactions: 2 users
I'm in the weird category of out of state residence but attending a Utah school. Waitlisted, and I emailed them for clarification since it said "#3 on the Out of State at Utah Schools list". Their response:

"Sorry for the confusion. We have three ranked alternate lists as follows:

Resident
Non-resident
Non-resident at Utah Schools

Per the state legislature’s agreement with our school, we must take 20 true Utah residents. We can then take 5 non-residents who are attending Utah schools. These 5 will also come in as resident. This makes 25 residents total. We then also take 25 true non-residents for a total class size of 50.

As applicants decline, we give an new offer to the next person on the ranked alternate list – same type as the applicant who declined. Example – If a resident declines, we will pull from resident alternate list.

You are number 3 on the non-resident at Utah schools list. If three applicants who received initial offers in this status decline, you will receive an offer."

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted. OOS CA. 11:03pm on 12/2.

Accepted from GA at 2:05 AM Eastern Time!!

I'm in the weird category of out of state residence but attending a Utah school. Waitlisted, and I emailed them for clarification since it said "#3 on the Out of State at Utah Schools list". Their response:

"Sorry for the confusion. We have three ranked alternate lists as follows:

Resident
Non-resident
Non-resident at Utah Schools

Per the state legislature’s agreement with our school, we must take 20 true Utah residents. We can then take 5 non-residents who are attending Utah schools. These 5 will also come in as resident. This makes 25 residents total. We then also take 25 true non-residents for a total class size of 50.

As applicants decline, we give an new offer to the next person on the ranked alternate list – same type as the applicant who declined. Example – If a resident declines, we will pull from resident alternate list.

You are number 3 on the non-resident at Utah schools list. If three applicants who received initial offers in this status decline, you will receive an offer."

And this is exactly how they screw over in state students. Out of a class of 50, they only take 20 "true Utah residents". They're the only state school I know of that seems to favor OOS students like that. All other schools considerably favor their in-state applicants. Seems to make it much more difficult and expensive for Utah applicants.

Well, I'm #25 on the out of state ranked waitlist....sooo, I imagine I'm the last one on the list, but who knows

Can anybody clarify how much the instrument fees are per year here? On the schools website it says around 7,000 a year, but during my interview the woman said it was 7,000 a semester for instruments and that was billed every fall, spring, and summer making it 21,000 a year just for the instruments not including tuition?

Congrats to those who were accepted! Does anybody know how big the alternate list(OOS) was last year?

Does anyone remember when orientation is?

Status
Not open for further replies.