***The Official UNLV Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Got mine today! From CA. Even after physical evidence that I'm in, I can still hardly believe it.

Haha!! Just got mine and I told the samething to my family!!

I didn't believe them on Monday when I heard congratulations.

UNLV Class of 2017 here we come!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know if the interview day presentations are readily available to view somewhere?

Hey guys. I'm stuck in a dilemma between choosing ucla and unlv. Right now i'm leaning more towards unlv. I was wondering if you experts can input some of your opinions of why u guys are choosing unlv?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Members don't see this ad :)
Viva Las Vegas I am in! True you can get residency by opening a small business in 6 months..thinking bout havin pops touch down and grab something!?

Viva Las Vegas I am in! True you can get residency by opening a small business in 6 months..thinking bout havin pops touch down and grab something!?

Oh whaaaat. That's baller status. CONGRATS!

Thanks a lot! I really loved the school! Many congrats to you...Very cool school..did you hear anything about obtaining residency this way?

So my packet was mailed to my "permanent" address in Iowa, not my "preferred" address in Utah. However, the letter of acceptance inside the packet was addressed to my Utah residen...

AW WHO CARES I'M INNNNNNN. IT'S REALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!! :)

Anyone receive the immunization requirements with their acceptance packet? I didn't receive anything about that and I'm trying to find out what we need to get done before class starts :)

Jus to make sure we don't have to turn in the immunization card yet right because my parents can't find mine and now most likely I'd have to get all the shots again :/

Jus to make sure we don't have to turn in the immunization card yet right because my parents can't find mine and now most likely I'd have to get all the shots again :/

Hi there! :) I'm not sure, but believe it says as long as we turn it in before school starts, we are good! :thumbup: ASAP is better though. I can't find my record either... looks like both you and I are going to get injected a lot in the next few months! :p

Your physicians should have all that on file I believe, especially since you need all those shots etc for undergrad matriculation (which couldn't have been too long ago for ya'll). Plus vaccinations can be expensive!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got most vaccination from my foreign country (vietnam) and I don't think they accept these here.
Nguyendds gl to ya. Out of curiosity, did you try to apply last year or 2 years ago because I thought I've seen your name several years back both on here and presents website

i have sooo many classes to take to fulfill my prereqs. so much for a relaxing semester before dental school starts :D

I got most vaccination from my foreign country (vietnam) and I don't think they accept these here.
Nguyendds gl to ya. Out of curiosity, did you try to apply last year or 2 years ago because I thought I've seen your name several years back both on here and presents website

Thanks!!! Good luck to you too!! :) Yea, I applied last year :)

anyone hear anything about how many acceptances UNLV handed out on 12/3?

Just out of curiosity do you guys know where to live and how much rents are going to be around unlv

Is an acceptance this cycle still possible for an instate / Nevada resident applicant with a Feb. interview? Average stats (AA:17-18, GPA: 3.3-3.4).

I'm already doing some researches on housing around UNLV and I might need a roommate in the future. Out of curiosity, is 20 minutes considered too far away from school for you guys? I would like to settle down somewhere safe but don't want to end up roommate-less. Thanks! And congrats to you all!:)

I'm already doing some researches on housing around UNLV and I might need a roommate in the future. Out of curiosity, is 20 minutes considered too far away from school for you guys? I would like to settle down somewhere safe but don't want to end up roommate-less. Thanks! And congrats to you all!:)

I PM'ed you

I have an interview on 1/11 :) Looking forward to it!

Does anyone know when they will send out the second round off acceptances?

I had an interview last Friday, and Dr Ancajas said the adcom with meet this week and we should hear back next week or the following week. If you don't hear back, it means you will be rolled over to the next group for the third round of acceptance. Hope this helps!

I had an interview last Friday, and Dr Ancajas said the adcom with meet this week and we should hear back next week or the following week. If you don't hear back, it means you will be rolled over to the next group for the third round of acceptance. Hope this helps!

Don't we have to call them?

I just got the call...I'm in!!!! I interviewed November 30th. Soooo excited :) :)

I also just got a call this morning!! I interviewed on January 11 :) I'm waayyy excited! Can't wait to meet my future classmates!!!!!!

Don't we have to call them?

No, if you're in they will call you and send you an acceptance package soon after. If you don't hear back from them by late next week, they said to give them a call :)

I just got the call...I'm in!!!! I interviewed November 30th. Soooo excited :) :)

I also just got a call this morning!! I interviewed on January 11 :) I'm waayyy excited! Can't wait to meet my future classmates!!!!!!

congrats to you both and hope to see u at UNLV in august! do you remember what Dr. Ancajas said..i was too excited and wasn't really paying attention lol...when should we be expecting the acceptance packet?

Dang, I'm still put on hold I guess. Interviewed on November 2nd. Nothing yet :(

congrats to you both and hope to see u at UNLV in august! do you remember what Dr. Ancajas said..i was too excited and wasn't really paying attention lol...when should we be expecting the acceptance packet?

Congrats!!! My packet came like 5 days after I was accepted... I'm on the east coast though so it may be faster for those that live on the west coast!

Congrats!!! My packet came like 5 days after I was accepted... I'm on the east coast though so it may be faster for those that live on the west coast!

thanks! east coast here too so i guess im looking at 5 days too

Hey guys, current student here. I interviewed late and still got in.

So there's hope!

Let me know if you have any questions/concerns/overwhelming anxiety. I can also give some tips on how to make a great first impression with a student interviewer.

So there's hope!

Let me know if you have any questions/concerns/overwhelming anxiety. I can also give some tips on how to make a great first impression with a student interviewer.

Thanks for offering your insight and time to answer our questions! I will list them now!

Regarding interviews:
-What questions are typical of the faculty and student interviewers?
-What are they looking for in a candidate?

Regarding application:
-Would you say an in-state applicant with average stats and a post-Dec interview has a good chance of an acceptance?
-You mentioned a late (Feb) interview, is the class nearly full at this point?
-Last question, how much movement is there on the wait list?

So there's hope!

hey ...what year are you? how do you like the schedule that goes straight through to the summer? Since there are trimesters, is there less of a load at a time than other schools may have? Is the typical day 8-5 or 8-3?

withdrew from unlv
hope someone gets the spot!

withdrew from unlv
hope someone gets the spot!
How did you withdraw your offer? Did you call them or just send an email? I sent in the acceptance packet and paid my deposit in December, but now I will be withdrawing to attend another school. Anyone have advice on a polite way to withdraw?

Does anyone know when they start giving out acceptances for people who interviewed on 1/11?

Hi Guys,

I just got invited for an interview and will be going there on the 15th of Feb. I know this is really late in the cycle, but so far I've been accepted to BU and Midwestern (Downers Grove). I read all your posts about UNLV and and excited about this school. I was wondering if any one knows between this school and BU which one is better. Thanks.

Hi Guys,

I just got invited for an interview and will be going there on the 15th of Feb. I know this is really late in the cycle, but so far I've been accepted to BU and Midwestern (Downers Grove). I read all your posts about UNLV and and excited about this school. I was wondering if any one knows between this school and BU which one is better. Thanks.
Feb 15 invite also!

BU vs. UNLV is a tough call. What's the estimated cost difference between them?

Feb 15 invite also!

BU vs. UNLV is a tough call. What's the estimated cost difference between them?

be aware that you can get in-state tuition after one year at UNLV...totaling to about 235k after four years