***the official unlv class of 2018 interview/acceptance thread***

Hey guys I just received an email for an interview invitation! I see that mid december is the earliest so far! Does anybody know if their office is open today? I tried calling a few times and it keeps going to voicemail.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I received the confirmation email on Oct 22 saying my file is complete, and at exact same time a rejection email was sent out too. Contacted the assistant dean for admissionand she replied that my file was under careful before the rejection was made (my last LOR was sent in late September, secondary submitted late August).

I'm scheduled for an interview on Dec 6! Anybody else going out that day?

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview is on November 8th. I'm flying in on the noon of the 7th and will most likely stay at Hilton, Golden Nugget, or Palace Station. Anyone wanna grab dinner or a drink?

I submitted my primary mid September and UNLV supplemental a week or two after that.

Just got an interview at UNLV. I got the email late though will have to call to schedule the date in the morning.

I had a few questions. I'm looking at the requirements for UNLV and it says you need a year of general bio class with lab. UCI didn't offer labs with these general bio classes so I'm not sure if I'm alone in this boat or if others are too.

Also they require two quarters of biochem but I only took one. Do I absolutely have to take another biochem course to even be considered for acceptance?

Thanks ahead of time.

I had a few questions. I'm looking at the requirements for UNLV and it says you need a year of general bio class with lab. The labs I took for biology are limnology, physio, and micro bio. Do these three fulfill the requirements for general bio lab?

Also they require two quarters of biochem but I only took one. Do I absolutely have to take another biochem course to even be considered for acceptance?

Thanks ahead of time.

I had a few questions. I'm looking at the requirements for UNLV and it says you need a year of general bio class with lab. The labs I took for biology are limnology, physio, and micro bio. Do these three fulfill the requirements for general bio lab?

Thanks ahead of time.

***from Frequently Asked Questions*** (http://www.unlv.edu/dental/faq)

What are the prerequisites?
The prerequisites are 1 year (8 semester credits) each of general physics, general biology, general chemistry and organic chemistry - all with labs, plus 1 year of English (6 semester credits) and 1 semester of biochemistry (3 semester credits). It is very highly recommended these courses be completed at the time of application. A minimum of 90 semester credits is also required with no more than 60 earned at a 2-year community/junior college. A grade of “C” or higher must be attained in the prerequisite courses

Since the answer states that "it is very highly recommended these courses be completed at the time of application," you will still be considered (I think) even without the completion of all required classes. However, you most likely will need to complete them prior to matriculation.

***from Application Requirement***(http://www.unlv.edu/dental/app-requirements)

All prerequisite courses and units must be completed by June of the year of you intend to enroll. However, we highly recommend that applicants complete prerequisite courses prior to filing their application or taking the Dental Admission Test.

Hello people,

I have an interview at UNLV in 2 weeks and I was wondering if anybody could give me some info about the topic of essay writing exercise on interview day?

Thanks

Hello people,

I have an interview at UNLV in 2 weeks and I was wondering if anybody could give me some info about the topic of essay writing exercise on interview day?

Thanks
What are your stats? When did you submit? When did you receive the interview invite?

Hello people,

Thanks

I would also like to know what this essay exercise is all about.

Reactions: 1 user
I would also like to know what this essay exercise is all about.

I'm going to answer my own question. It's a pilot program they are testing out and it's totally voluntary because it can only help your application. Super easy so don't worry about it.

Interviews were super chill and my student interviewer took me to a gas station to get drinks for our interview. My interview with a faculty was all about making sure I would like their program. Kind of different in that respect. I felt like the interviews were meant for me to see if id like the curriculum and not for them seeing if I would be a good dentist.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who interviewed here, is your status changed under school decisions? Mine still says, "Invited for Interview"

For those of you who interviewed here, is your status changed under school decisions? Mine still says, "Invited for Interview"

Mine never said invited for interview. I interviewed there and it has always says application complete.

Mine still says that as well! I interviewed last week and they said we wouldn't hear anything from them until the end of January, when we could call the admissions office and inquire about our status.

Mine still says that as well! I interviewed last week and they said we wouldn't hear anything from them until the end of January, when we could call the admissions office and inquire about our status.
If you intereviewed pre-december you should be hearing back by dec 2nd.

does this school give out any post-Dec OOS interview invites?
Thanks.

Anyone interviewing this Friday and staying at Palace Station?

Phone call from UNLV five minutes ago. I loved this school.

CALL UNLV UNLEASH THE HOUNDS IM ACCEPTED!!!

Accepted!!! Called them a few min ago and they said I was in. Such a relief. I'm going to be a dentist!

*Edit* I mistakenly thought you were class of 2018....mah baddddd

Last edited:
i thought they would email. I was anxiously checking my email all day yesterday! lol

EDIT: ACCEPTED!! I was too excited to ask when I would receive a packet though, did anyone else happen to catch that information??

Last edited:
i thought they would email. I was anxiously checking my email all day yesterday! lol

EDIT: ACCEPTED!! I was too excited to ask when I would receive a packet though, did anyone else happen to catch that information??

I think they said they would be mailed out this week but I was too excited and wasn't really listening either. lol.

Anyone get the email with the subject conditional acceptance? I'm a little concerned about a line in the email saying " If you receive a grade lower than a “B” for any remaining coursework, please report it to us immediately so arrangements can be made to make up any deficiency."

Edit: I also received the acceptance packet today in the mail.

Last edited:
my packet came in!!.. But, I was hoping to get more information about the steps/how to become a resident in order to save tuition money after the first year. Does anyone have that list they showed in the financial presentation??
I have some bullet points, but missed a few..
-drivers license
-register to vote
-mortgage/lease

any help appreciated!

withdrew from UNLV today. Good luck everybody!

Reactions: 1 users
congrats to those who got accepted to UNLV!

I'm a current dental student who is graduating this year. Please let me know if u have any questions on places to live or the school.

Also,
I'm selling my slightly-used but clean furniture. PM for details.

congrats to those who got accepted to UNLV!

I'm a current dental student who is graduating this year. Please let me know if u have any questions on places to live or the school.

Also,
I'm selling my slightly-used but clean furniture. PM for details.

how hard were the first two years and how has ur clinic experience been?

I am praying I get an interview from them soon...I'm from the east coast so coming out to vegas would be awesome, I have been in touch with
Dr. Ancajas, who is super cool in terms of communicating with, it is slightly steep on the finances so hopefully that will deter people away and maybe give me a chance and to all those still interested in UNLV

Just got an interview invite, havent scheduled as the offices are closed for the holidays, but any current student(s) mind if I couch crash for a night?

Just got an interview invite, havent scheduled as the offices are closed for the holidays, but any current student(s) mind if I couch crash for a night?
Congrats! Can I ask if you received it by email or snail mail? And when was your app complete if you don't mind sharing!

if you guys have any questions about the school feel free to pm me. only request i have is that you share your question(s) and my response(s) to everyone in this thread. thanks.