***The Official UNLV Class of 2023 Interview Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

MavsFanForLife

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I believe UNLV sent out interviews today. Good luck everyone!

Link to interview prep: University of Nevada-Las Vegas School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, they did. I got an interview!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Incoming UNLV dental student (class of 2022) here. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Incoming UNLV dental student (class of 2022) here. Feel free to ask me any questions!
Hi, do you remember what kind of questions the interviewers asked like was it specific questions to you or more like the general type of questions? Did you had to lead the conversations with student or faculty interviewers? Did you think that they give you enough time or did you even have time left to spare for each interviewer? Were each interviewee separated at different rooms or in one big room during their interviews? Also, were there a lot of walking during interview day? (thinking about what type of shoes to wear) Sorry about so many questions!

Hi, do you remember what kind of questions the interviewers asked like was it specific questions to you or more like the general type of questions? Did you had to lead the conversations with student or faculty interviewers? Did you think that they give you enough time or did you even have time left to spare for each interviewer? Were each interviewee separated at different rooms or in one big room during their interviews? Also, were there a lot of walking during interview day? (thinking about what type of shoes to wear) Sorry about so many questions!
You will have two interviews, one with a faculty member and one with a student. Each interviewee will be separated to different area/rooms for one-on-one interviews. For me, interview with the faculty member was at his office, and the one with the student was on a bench in the hallway. Student interview is more of a conversation. Faculty interview starts with a conversation, but then the faculty interviewer will start to ask some specific questions (goes through a list). School isn't that big, so the tour doesn't have too much walking. Wear whatever shoes that make you more comfortable. Good luck~

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how strict UNLV is with their English prerequisites?

You will have two interviews, one with a faculty member and one with a student. Each interviewee will be separated to different area/rooms for one-on-one interviews. For me, interview with the faculty member was at his office, and the one with the student was on a bench in the hallway. Student interview is more of a conversation. Faculty interview starts with a conversation, but then the faculty interviewer will start to ask some specific questions (goes through a list). School isn't that big, so the tour doesn't have too much walking. Wear whatever shoes that make you more comfortable. Good luck~

Thank you!!!

Got an email from them saying that my application was incomplete. Could this be because my DAT scores have not been made official yet?

Got an email from them saying that my application was incomplete. Could this be because my DAT scores have not been made official yet?
Did you have 3 academic letters of rec? They sent me an application incomplete e-mail before my final one was uploaded with a list of outstanding requirements

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Did you have 3 academic letters of rec? They sent me an application incomplete e-mail before my final one was uploaded with a list of outstanding requirements

Yes, I have all my letters in (four total) and everything else has been completed and verified except my DAT scores. This is the only school I have received an incomplete email from which is why I am confused.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I have all my letters in (four total) and everything else has been completed and verified except my DAT scores. This is the only school I have received an incomplete email from which is why I am confused.
Gotcha, odd that they said incomplete without giving you input as to why. I mean it probably is your scores, but personally I'd probably e-mail back and make sure.

I'm really concerned that having lunch is right before the interviews. I don't want to become tired before they start. Should I honestly be worried about this?

For those who have gotten an interview, when was your application completed?

I got an email from UNLV that my application was completed on June 22nd and haven't heard from them about interviews.

I'm really concerned that having lunch is right before the interviews. I don't want to become tired before they start. Should I honestly be worried about this?

I'm also incoming c/o 2022 - don't be concerned about this lol. During lunch, you're mingling with current students and during my interview day, the current students I was sitting with actually pulled up the charts to see who I was going to interview with and told me about them. You might actually be eating with the student who's gonna interview you. Both interviews (faculty and student) were very lowkey. There was an error on my interview day so my student interview actually ended up being an hour long instead of half an hour. I think this actually worked to my advantage. You'll probably have the jitters all day so I wouldn't worry about being tired.

Does anyone know how strict UNLV is with their English prerequisites?

They accept AP credits if you have them, but they did hound me for credits until I got all my stuff in. Also, their interpretation of what is considered an English class is completely up to the discretion of Dr. Ancajas. You MUST have the prerequisites completed prior to enrollment. They tell you June or something, but as long as you have it done prior to enrollment, you should be ok from what I understood. That means you could take an online summer English course somewhere that goes from early July to early August and still be ok.

For me, it wasn't really an issue, but mainly because I was so nervous that the adrenaline was pumping all throughout my body haha. I was very awake during the interview.

Last edited:
Just got an interview invite! See ya there October 19!!!

For those who have gotten an interview, when was your application completed?

I got an email from UNLV that my application was completed on June 22nd and haven't heard from them about interviews.

I don't remember the exact date but I think it was around first week of July.

Just a note- if you want to try to change the date of your interview (i.e. from post to pre-december), continually monitor their interview portal for an earlier date. Sometimes people drop their interview spot for whatever reason and that spot becomes up for grabs to anyone (that already got an invite) that signs up for it, regardless of what date their initial interview offer was scheduled for. If you get a confirmation that your new date was scheduled, the old one will be automatically cancelled. This works for UNLV, not sure about other schools.

Just a note- if you want to try to change the date of your interview (i.e. from post to pre-december), continually monitor their interview portal for an earlier date. Sometimes people drop their interview spot for whatever reason and that spot becomes up for grabs to anyone (that already got an invite) that signs up for it, regardless of what date their initial interview offer was scheduled for. If you get a confirmation that your new date was scheduled, the old one will be automatically cancelled. This works for UNLV, not sure about other schools.
my portal just says "In progress"

Anyone know what the interview is like at UNLV?

6th Interview Invite

Residency: HI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/18
Application complete date: 8/29/18
Invite received: 9/10/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.83, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/25/23/30/none

Last edited:
6th Interview Invite

Residency: HI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/18
Application complete date: 8/24/18
Invite received: 9/10/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.83, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/25/23/30/none
Hey congrats!

How were you notified?

I got an invite today via email!

Super excited!

What's good fam. UNLV class of 2019 here if you guys have questions about interviews, visiting, etc! I figured I'd try to help out a bit since sdn was so helpful for me during interviews.

What's good fam. UNLV class of 2019 here if you guys have questions about interviews, visiting, etc! I figured I'd try to help out a bit since sdn was so helpful for me during interviews.
Any advice for the interview?

Interviewing the 19th, anyone know how many students are at each interview day? Really excited to see this school!

Any advice for the interview?

It’s SUPER chill. Like don’t stress out at all (I know it’s hard). I wish I wasn’t so nervous during my interview. Mine was open file. The faculty tries to make it as stress free as possible and they’re all so nice. If you’re stressed, Dr. Kingsley’s curriculum presentation will definitely help you destress. Trust me. He’s SOOO funny. During lunch, make sure to ask the current students lots of questions and ask them about the faculty. Student interview is super chill, just a casual conversation. Really, both faculty and student interview were casual.

Interviewing the 19th, anyone know how many students are at each interview day? Really excited to see this school!

There’s like a small auditorium filled with interviewees. I want to say 30ish? Maybe a little more?

It seems very few people have been give interviews and it has been a while since they lost sent a batch out. Anyone know what's going on?

For everyone interviewing tomorrow (10/12), best of luck! This is my first interview of the cycle, and I'm like mildly freaking out right now haha

Received an interview invite yesterday (10/12), scheduled it for November 9th.

have my interview on Nov 16th, anyone has the same date??!

Status
Not open for further replies.