You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UNLV Class of 2023 Interview Thread***
Started by MavsFanForLife
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Any suggestions on where to stay? Trying to keep the cost relatively low and convenient to get to campus, but nothing sketch either haha.
Have you tried AirBnB? There should be places around the campus for ~$50 a night.
Any suggestions on where to stay? Trying to keep the cost relatively low and convenient to get to campus, but nothing sketch either haha.
I stayed at the Stratosphere Hotel and Casino and had the time of my life lmao. I paid around $120 for two nights. It was only 7 minutes away from UNLV too!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is UNLV interviewing in order or just qualified applicants first?
Any rejections so far?
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Any rejections so far?
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
My friend got a rejection from them this Tuesday. They seemed to have given a lot of rejections these past two weeks so if you haven't gotten one yet I'd say you are in good shape and still in the running.Is UNLV interviewing in order or just qualified applicants first?
Any rejections so far?
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Just recieved an interview from here today. Unfortunately the earliest date available was December 7th. Does anyone know how soon they would let me know if I am accepted or not or how long they usually take to make a decision on a post December interview? I don't want to run into deposit issues.
stellanoelle
Full Member
Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file? And any tips?
The student interviewer had read my personal statement and that was all. If I remember correctly he/she only had access to that. The faculty interviewer had complete access to my file but my interviewer had actually not read mine at all. He told me before he began asking questions that he chose to only read where I was from and the school I had attended.Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file? And any tips?
stellanoelle
Full Member
Thank you!! So it says that the interview is 2.5 days long? I'm so confused!!!The student interviewer had read my personal statement and that was all. If I remember correctly he/she only had access to that. The faculty interviewer had complete access to my file but my interviewer had actually not read mine at all. He told me before he began asking questions that he chose to only read where I was from and the school I had attended.
Haha where does it say that? Definitely not 2.5 days lol. I think it was like 30 minutes for each interview or so. Maybe 45 mins each? I can't remember, but it was very relaxed. My student interview actually took place outside on a walkway. Nothing to be nervous about for this one, just be yourself and be honest and you'll do fine. As of now this was by far my favorite interview day format.Thank you!! So it says that the interview is 2.5 days long? I'm so confused!!!
stellanoelle
Full Member
Am I crazy?! It says so under Phase 2 of the application process page on their website. It won't let me leave a link 🙁 Is there a manual dexterity test?Haha where does it say that? Definitely not 2.5 days lol. I think it was like 30 minutes for each interview or so. Maybe 45 mins each? I can't remember, but it was very relaxed. My student interview actually took place outside on a walkway. Nothing to be nervous about for this one, just be yourself and be honest and you'll do fine. As of now this was by far my favorite interview day format.
Nope! Just an overview of the day, financial aid presentation, campus tour, lunch w/ current students, and the 2 interviews. Oh and even though I had my student interview before my faculty one, we were paired up and then swapped after the first interview. So the applicant I was with did the faculty interview first while I was with the student, then we switched.Am I crazy?! It says so under Phase 2 of the application process page on their website. It won't let me leave a link 🙁 Is there a manual dexterity test?
Editing to answer your first question: you aren't crazy, but you are most likely looking at their 2 year program for international dentists to get their DDS from UNLV. While there is no difference between DMD/DDS, UNLV uses the two different degrees to separate their two different programs. The DMD being the 4 year degree while the DDS is the 2 year program for foreign trained dentists.
stellanoelle
Full Member
Oh!! This def made me feel better about the whole process LOL Thank you so much 🙂Nope! Just an overview of the day, financial aid presentation, campus tour, lunch w/ current students, and the 2 interviews. Oh and even though I had my student interview before my faculty one, we were paired up and then swapped after the first interview. So the applicant I was with did the faculty interview first while I was with the student, then we switched.
Anyone's status change to "none" after the interview?
Mine changed to "none" after the interview. When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are some dates open in January still.Is UNLV done with interviews? I still didn't get a response from them 🙁
Do any of you know if those of us that are interviewing in the 30th will find out by the 3rd?
Has anyone heard back? Did anyone's AADSAS status change?
Not yet! Been refreshing the page every 30 minutes since midnight lolol. I heard Dr. Ancajas is supposed to call in the morning for those who got accepted and are in state though.
Acceptance email at 9:43 am EST!
Accepted!!!! 6:56 pst
Acceptance email at 9:43 am EST!
Congrats, did you all just get emails, or portal change or both?ACCEPTANCE 2!!!!! I’m so happy omg
Did those who got acceptance emails OOS? I thought they called
I’m OOS
Congrats, did you all just get emails, or portal change or both?
I got an email that said to check my portal for a decision!
Did those who got acceptance emails OOS? I thought they called
I’m OOS from VA. I think they only call in state.
BothCongrats, did you all just get emails, or portal change or both?
Accepted!!! 7:29 PST
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are they done calling 🙁
anyone hear about scholarships?
Nope 🙁anyone hear about scholarships?
For those who are curious, I got accepted and my formula score before interview was 49.69. Assuming I got a perfect on both interviews (being generous here lol), my score would be 74.69.
Apparently, 50-55 is competitive and 55+ means you’re pretty much in. Also, according to different threads over the years, it seems like these ranges apply to the OOS applicants. Idk what the ranges are for IS. I spent last week panicking and looking through older forums for reference but couldn’t find much, so I thought I’d post this to help those who are still waiting to hear back or for next year’s applicants who are lurking this thread (lol).
For those who don’t know what I’m talking about, UNLV uses a formula to help evaluate their applicants after the interview. Also at the interview, Dr. Ancajas said that the formula is not the only determining factor tho, so don’t fret. Here’s a link for reference: UNLV Formula
Apparently, 50-55 is competitive and 55+ means you’re pretty much in. Also, according to different threads over the years, it seems like these ranges apply to the OOS applicants. Idk what the ranges are for IS. I spent last week panicking and looking through older forums for reference but couldn’t find much, so I thought I’d post this to help those who are still waiting to hear back or for next year’s applicants who are lurking this thread (lol).
For those who don’t know what I’m talking about, UNLV uses a formula to help evaluate their applicants after the interview. Also at the interview, Dr. Ancajas said that the formula is not the only determining factor tho, so don’t fret. Here’s a link for reference: UNLV Formula
Last edited:
For those who are curious, I got accepted and my formula score before interview was 49.69. Assuming I got a perfect on both interviews (being generous here lol), my score would be 74.69.
Apparently, 50-55 is competitive and 55+ means you’re pretty much in. Also, according to different threads over the years, it seems like these ranges apply to the OOS applicants. Idk what the ranges are for IS. I spent last week panicking and looking through older forums for reference but couldn’t find much, so I thought I’d post this to help those who are still waiting to hear back or for next year’s applicants who are lurking this thread (lol).
For those who don’t know what I’m talking about, UNLV uses a formula to help evaluate their applicants after the interview. Also at the interview, Dr. Mejia said that the formula is not the only determining factor tho, so don’t fret. Here’s a link for reference: UNLV Formula
You have amazing stats! With that ridiculous RC, of course you got in lol!
Does anybody who already interviewed know what the school's instrument fee is? I don't see it listed on their website (Tuition | School of Dental Medicine | University of Nevada, Las Vegas) as part of the tuition/fees. Thanks
I am a D1 at UNLV. As far as I know, you rent out our instruments throughout the 4 years. I’m sure there was a fee for the use of gloves, masks, material, etc. but that will just be included in it all.Does anybody who already interviewed know what the school's instrument fee is? I don't see it listed on their website (Tuition | School of Dental Medicine | University of Nevada, Las Vegas) as part of the tuition/fees. Thanks
Now you will have to buy your own typodont teeth (and composite gun, curing light, etc. if you don’t want to have to share with the supplied ones from UNLV), but that will be only maybe $100.
downstreampromoterelement
Full Member
Does anyone know when we should be expecting the acceptance package?
By this point last year a few people had posted about scholarships.. I feel like someone should have gotten one?
Tbh, just be yourself. It was a laidback and enjoyable day.Any advice for the interview? Mine is this weekend!
Any advice for the interview? Mine is this weekend!
Tbh, just be yourself. It was a laidback and enjoyable day.
Ya, just relax. They really make it point to make their interviews as stress-free as possible. Suuuuuuuper chill. Definitely the best interview day for me out of the ones I've had.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those still waiting on post-December interviews, I was sent an invitation to interview via email today.
Sent from my SM-G960U1 using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G960U1 using SDN mobile
chemistry1492
New Member
For those still waiting on post-December interviews, I was sent an invitation to interview via email today.
Sent from my SM-G960U1 using SDN mobile
Congrats!! Are you in-state or out-of-state?
drillinginheels
Full Member
Got rejected today (no interview)
Got rejected today (no interview)
If you don’t mind can you, what were your stats and were you a resident?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
OOS, 3.45 oGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 22 AA. Submitted mid July if I remember correctly.Congrats!! Are you in-state or out-of-state?
Sent from my SM-G960U1 using SDN mobile
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K