You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UoP Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by dschoolforlyfe
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Shouldn't this be titled 2021 ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll let you figure this out on your own Lol But just think about what makes UoP unique from all the other dental schoolsShouldn't this be titled 2021 ?
Shouldn't this be titled 2021 ?
Nope.
Also, good luck everyone!
Oh wowwwwwwww. This is what happens when you post things at 4amI'll let you figure this out on your own Lol But just think about what makes UoP unique from all the other dental schools
Just got an email saying my app is now under active review.
Just got an email saying my app is now under active review.
is or oos?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
IS
I got the same email!Just got an email saying my app is now under active review.
can we specify whether we're in state or oos? on this thread I feel like we're gonna have a 50/50 mix and it could clarify a lot for the oosers
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm Canadian so OOS!can we specify whether we're in state or oos? on this thread I feel like we're gonna have a 50/50 mix and it could clarify a lot for the oosers
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
And I'm just wondering why this matters? Doesn't everyone who has a complete app get a "file under review" email?can we specify whether we're in state or oos? on this thread I feel like we're gonna have a 50/50 mix and it could clarify a lot for the oosers
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
yea everyone will get the in review email, but I was thinking that the oosers might get it much later (but apparently not since you got it so soon, congrats!) Also, it'll help in the future once interviews start coming in and everyone will be asking for stats and whether that person is in state or oos. if we can establish the residency question with the first post, that'll save us from all the repetition
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I just got the email saying my app is under review. Florida resident.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email from UOP on July 1st saying they received my secondary app fee, are verifying all of my other materials (AADSAS app, DAT score, LOEs), and would email me when the processing was complete. Should I call the school since it's been three weeks now? I've gotten emails from almost all of the other schools I've applied to saying that all my materials were verified/my app is now under review.
anyone know when the first interviews started coming out last year?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Received email on 7/21 app is under review, CA resident
No, it's a separate email that specifies that our app is under "active review".Is the "under review" email that you guys talk about same as "Application Received"? I only got the "Application Received" email more than 3 weeks ago.
When did you all submit your apps? It might help the ones asking how long it takes to receive an active review email! 🙂
I submitted on 7/6 & was officially mailed out 7/22 but I was verified on 7/18 and I sent my payment on 7/15 & received the email 7/21 that I was under active review
I got an "active review" email on the 19th! Application received email on June 28
received the email 7/21 that I was under active review
What does your AADSAS portal say?
I have "Received/Under Review" but never got an active review e-mail.
What does your AADSAS portal say?
I have "Received/Under Review" but never got an active review e-mail.
It says "Received/Under Review" on 6/28
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It says "Received/Under Review" on 6/28
Same date, same status for me- but no active review e-mail. No big deal- thank you for sharing!
I'm sure it's nothing - this whole process is so random. *fingers crossed* you get that email soon 🙂Same date, same status for me- but no active review e-mail. No big deal- thank you for sharing!
got a 'in executive review' email today. oos
Congrats! As in, "Please accept this email as acknowledgement that your application is now under active review by the Executive Admissions Committee at University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry"? Or a separate email saying that you are under executive review as opposed to active review? That's the email I got a few days ago. OOS as well
Congrats! As in, "Please accept this email as acknowledgement that your application is now under active review by the Executive Admissions Committee at University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry"? Or a separate email saying that you are under executive review as opposed to active review? That's the email I got a few days ago. OOS as well
that's the one!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Under "active review" by "executive committee" last week.
This is my #1 choice, got a strong LOR from a famous alum... really hope I get an interview invite despite my GPA!
This is my #1 choice, got a strong LOR from a famous alum... really hope I get an interview invite despite my GPA!
Just thought I'd drop this in here. UoP seems like such a good time.
Haha, that's amazing.
Uop show me some looove!
getting an under active review and then waiting is the same as texting a girl/boy you like dearly to go on a date with you, and then hearing nothing. Hours feel like days, and days feel like weeks. You know that girl/boy is texting all their friends and your being judged by not just her but the whole network of friends.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
That's why you call or talk to them in person, or "netflix and chill" 😉getting an under active review and then waiting is the same as texting a girl/boy you like dearly to go on a date with you, and then hearing nothing. Hours feel like days, and days feel like weeks. You know that girl/boy is texting all their friends and your being judged by not just her but the whole network of friends.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
If you just esubmitted, I think you still have to ~4 weeks to have your grades verified then another 1-2 weeks for it to be mail out.. So I dont think you will hear back until September. Someone correct me if I am wrongHey guys. I esubmitted my application on 8/03 but AADSAS still hasnt mailed my application.. Shouldnt it be mailed by now? Im worried :O
I think that's right.
Side note, does UoP confirm interviews by email? I won't have cell reception for 10 days during interview send outs
This is what it said in one of the emails I got from the school: "Invitations to interview for a seat at the Dugoni School are extended by telephone, which you provided on your AADSAS application"
So I'm not sure if they double up sending interview invites by email as well, but I guess their primary means of sending them out is by phone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Edited: I think @plusalpha might be right actually. When I got my interview last cycle they called me and then sent me a confirmation email after. So idk if they send an email if you dont answer the phone.I think that's right.
Side note, does UoP confirm interviews by email? I won't have cell reception for 10 days during interview send outs
I was reading up on last year's thread and people who missed the call said that they ended up getting the email still.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your File Under Review email date?Received an interview invite!
INTERVIEW INVITE
Notification date: August 29, 2016 (around 5pm MST)
Method of notification: phone, then immediate email confirmation
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/2016
Application complete date: 7/25/2016 (under active review email received)
GPA (science, overall, BCP): 3.4, 3.6, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/22/25/none
Notification date: August 29, 2016 (around 5pm MST)
Method of notification: phone, then immediate email confirmation
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/2016
Application complete date: 7/25/2016 (under active review email received)
GPA (science, overall, BCP): 3.4, 3.6, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/22/25/none
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 15K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 19K
