You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UoP Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by dschoolforlyfe
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Sorry I'm a lefty, but I would gladly donate my right pinkie to the dental godsWould anyone be down to cut off their left pink to get into UoP?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
look at all these applicants with crazy DAT. I've always heard UoP loves high DAT scores 🙁
Hello!!
Has anyone sent in any information to them outside of AADSAS?
I want to update them on my summer grades but don't know how
Has anyone sent in any information to them outside of AADSAS?
I want to update them on my summer grades but don't know how
Congrats! Do you know if they have pre-december interview spots still?Got an interview today! Nov. 7th!
Congrats! Do you know if they have pre-december interview spots still?
plenty. when they called me, all of their november spots were still open. They conduct interviews every monday and thursday
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
🙁 Nothing since active review e-mail on 7/21. I guess there goes my chance.
I think I applied a month or two too late (Active Review on 9/14)...
Last time I talked to them, I think it was 11/7Does anyone know when the current earliest interview date available is for the school? And also if there is any word on when the next batch of interview invitations will be sent out?
Last time I talked to them, I think it was 11/7
I have an interview for 11/3
That's great! They must have called me a bit later, because they didn't offer 11/3 to me!I have an interview for 11/3
What are your stats? I have a 3.9 GPA and a 22 AA and am wondering if I'all have a chance for a pre-December interview.That's great! They must have called me a bit later, because they didn't offer 11/3 to me!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I th
I think you definitely have a chance! My DAT is around what you got, but my GPA was lower. Keep up the good work and be positive! 🙂
What are your stats? I have a 3.9 GPA and a 22 AA and am wondering if I'all have a chance for a pre-December interview.
I think you definitely have a chance! My DAT is around what you got, but my GPA was lower. Keep up the good work and be positive! 🙂
Thank you!I th
I think you definitely have a chance! My DAT is around what you got, but my GPA was lower. Keep up the good work and be positive! 🙂
That's great! They must have called me a bit later, because they didn't offer 11/3 to me!
When did they call you to offer the 11/7 interview time?
Last week, tuesdayWhen did they call you to offer the 11/7 interview time?
how's the interview/day for those that interviewed? i have mine on Nov. 7th and i can't wait
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
well... I didn't even receive that so... congrats!!!!!JUST GOT AN E-MAIL FROM THE DUGONI SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY!!!! WOOOHOOO!
Opened it up.
This is what I saw:
![]()
![]()
wow congratulations! mind telling me your mail out date and stats?Just got a call for an interview!
Just assume 4.2 with 27AA with a mail out date of a week ago😉wow congratulations! mind telling me your mail out date and stats?
Yup, around lunch time today.A few hours ago I assume?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wish my stats were that good lolJust assume 4.2 with 27AA with a mail out date of a week ago😉
You have fantastic stats, dont ever say that. Go enjoy your interview!I wish my stats were that good lol
You have a great chance of getting in since they interview to accept. Good luck!!
Do they say this at the interview?
For the class entering fall 2014, they interviewed 188 IS applicants and accepted 159 (according to the Adea Official Guide to Dental School). The OOS statistics were similar. So if you get an interview, there is a good chance that you will get in. Hopefully we can get an invite too haha. My mail out date was early july though so i'm probably not getting one =/Do they say this at the interview?
Last cycle, they interviewed 260 and accepted 144.
Still a relatively high ratio. I've heard many schools that interview over 600 that take less than 100.Last cycle, they interviewed 260 and accepted 144.
Last cycle, they interviewed 260 and accepted 144.
Wow. I was looking at the ADEA Guide I have and it showed 104 OOS interviews for 102 acceptances.
144 is their class size, so I am pretty sure they interviewed more than their class size, since their yield isn't 100%
Do these stats (especially the # interviewed compared to the # accepted) sound correct to you?
Total Applications: 3,016
Total Interviewed: 298
Total Accepted: 292
These are what the ADEA Guide claims for the class entering Fall 2013.
For a class size of 144, accepting 292 students means an approximate yield of 49.3%, which is in line with several other dental schools.
Wow congrats! Mind telling me your mail-out date? thanksJust got a call for my interview, Nov. 14th. I guess they were trying to fill a spot considering how soon it is.
I don't really know what the mail-out date was, but hopefully this timeline can help:Wow congrats! Mind telling me your mail-out date? thanks
I submitted my AADSAS pretty late, Oct. 3rd.
Got an email that it was received by UOP on Oct. 17th, another saying it was under active review on Oct. 21st.
Although I would take my case with a grain of salt, I went to UOP's pre-dental program which guarantees an interview I believe.
I don't really know what the mail-out date was, but hopefully this timeline can help:
I submitted my AADSAS pretty late, Oct. 3rd.
Got an email that it was received by UOP on Oct. 17th, another saying it was under active review on Oct. 21st.
Although I would take my case with a grain of salt, I went to UOP's pre-dental program which guarantees an interview I believe.
Oh haha thanks for letting me know. Congrats!
Could I ask what your stats are?I don't really know what the mail-out date was, but hopefully this timeline can help:
I submitted my AADSAS pretty late, Oct. 3rd.
Got an email that it was received by UOP on Oct. 17th, another saying it was under active review on Oct. 21st.
Although I would take my case with a grain of salt, I went to UOP's pre-dental program which guarantees an interview I believe.
Could I ask what your stats are?
Of course, 3.65 overall GPA, 3.53 BCP GPA.
DAT scores: 21 AA, 20 TS
PAT 23
QR 23
RC 24
Bio 20
Gchem 19
Ochem 21
I definitely could have done better in sciences. Wish I put more time into that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still hoping for an interview here...
Don't worry, I know people who interviewed in March and got in, as well as UOP undergrads who had to apply multiple times. But when you do, enjoy it because it's like going to dental school Disneyland! 🙂
Also, everyone in my interview group had gotten the call no more than a week ahead of time.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 15K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K

