***The Official UoP Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has there been any recent movement off the alternate list? (Hopefully) 😳
 
I wish you guys the best of luck! I hope the wait list moves enough for me to get in. They said they are goin to break the waitlist up into quartiles this week... so figures crossed!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Never got an interview here 🙁 it was my top choice.
Was told on the phone that interview's have officially concluded and those that did not get an interview will be getting a rejection soon.
 
In terms of the waitlost, Does anyone know when/how we will find out what quartile we were placed in?
 
Does anyone know how much movement there normally is on the waitlist?
Previous threads say that if you're in the first, you have a really good shot if you're in the second... it's possible... and if you're in the 3rd or 4th it's not likely.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really hate waiting. Has anyone heard anything?
When I called they said we should start hearing back by the end of the month. I am in the first quartile too but I hope I don't get picked since I want my deposit back since I've already decided on a school haha
 
Last edited:
When I called they said we should start hearing back by the end of the month. I am in the first quartile too but I hope I don't get picked since I want my deposit back since I've already decide on a school haha
You get your deposit back regardless. I thought the same thing before getting in
 
People that have decided to attend UOP, how are you guys doing on housing?

School starts in July, how soon should we be looking for places in SF?
 
People that have decided to attend UOP, how are you guys doing on housing?

School starts in July, how soon should we be looking for places in SF?

Hi MightyBruins I look forward to meeting you in July! As far as housing goes the market in SF is very volatile and places go very quickly. Start looking ASAP for housing because you'll get better prices if you lock something down in May versus later in June. Myself, I'm gonna be in SF on tuesday to sign a lease.
 
Hi MightyBruins I look forward to meeting you in July! As far as housing goes the market in SF is very volatile and places go very quickly. Start looking ASAP for housing because you'll get better prices if you lock something down in May versus later in June. Myself, I'm gonna be in SF on tuesday to sign a lease.
Cool! Good to know.

Do you mind me asking which part of SF you're planning to live in, and if you're living with other UOP students?
 
Cool! Good to know.

Do you mind me asking which part of SF you're planning to live in, and if you're living with other UOP students?

Since everyone that I know has told me to stay local for D1, im gonna be within a 20 min walking distance from campus. And yes I will be living with two other first years. If you haven't done so already I'd recommend becoming a part of Class of 2020's facebook page as well as Dugoni's housing and roommate search fb page. They are pretty helpful.
 
When I called they said we should start hearing back by the end of the month. I am in the first quartile too but I hope I don't get picked since I want my deposit back since I've already decided on a school haha
Oh wow if we start hearing back by the end of the month, does that mean we shouldn't start the second round of apps just yet? I heard the new cycle opens at the beginning of June now instead of a few weeks later so I'm not sure how this is going to work 🙁
 
Have any admitted students been awarded the institutional scholarship? Apparently they are out of them already, but I never received a notification on how to apply.
 
Have any admitted students been awarded the institutional scholarship? Apparently they are out of them already, but I never received a notification on how to apply.
I think every applicant was automatically a candidate for the scholarship and they notified students with admission :/
 
Huh. I thought I had pretty decent stats but I guess the scholarship is more competitive than I thought.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am just not sure when they will call it quits. I mean classes start in less than two months and the application for next cycle just opened up today.
 
Got a call today. They said the alternate list hasn't moved and they don't expect it to. Oh well.