***The Official USC Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

The scholarship has nothing to do with your first year, so yes interest will accrue. You're totally on your own for that year. It's too late to apply for the 4 year scholarship.

It's an 8 year contract with the airforce I believe. 3 years active and 5 years IRR (inactive ready reserve). But the clock starts your second year of school when the scholarship starts, so three inactive years will get burned while you are in school. Upon graduation, you'll have to serve 3 years active, as well as the remaining 2 IRR years after that.

And as mentioned before, it's really hard to get- it's a competitive program. You can also look into the navy and the army as well.
nope
school years doesnt count towards your IRR

So I just found out our loans in grad aren't like loans in undergrad and they accumulate interest even when we're in school. Da Fuq....
Also higher interest rates and higher fee for taking out loans. When I was only months in, I already accumulated couple of thousands from interest+fees. Grad plus loans are an entirely different beast

Members don't see this ad.

nope

Also higher interest rates and higher fee for taking out loans. When I was only months in, I already accumulated couple of thousands from interest+fees. Grad plus loans are an entirely different beast
Damn it all to hell. I guess if other people can do it I can too. Guess I'll have to take better care of my hands haha

Members don't see this ad :)
nope

I'm working with the airforce now and this is what they told me about the IRR.

I'm working with the airforce now and this is what they told me about the IRR.
You'd want to double check on that bud
Always do your own research.
Pro tip: Never assume what someone tells you is right. It is your life, your time, and your money. Doesn't matter if someone told you the wrong thing, you're still the one responsible.

Here's to get you started.
http://lukeballard.tripod.com/HPSP.html

Last edited:
Damn it all to hell. I guess if other people can do it I can too. Guess I'll have to take better care of my hands haha

how are you planning on paying for it? I will have to take all loans but other people on this thread said that their parents are paying their full tuition.... I wish I had that option :(

My dads helping me out a bit, moms helping me out a little less. I'm looking at 350 without the interest calculation. Projecting at least 180k first year out so I think I'll be fine. Projecting at 450k debt by senior year, over guesstimating so no surprises

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone email instead of fax/ mail in the applicant certification form after getting accepted? Did you guys get a confirmation for it?

Deleted. Thought you were talking about the waitlist form.

I called USC today and they said they are done giving out interviews :(

Last edited:
Does anyone know when they release the May acceptance letters? Will it be the last one before they draw out from the waitlists?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when they release the May acceptance letters? Will it be the last one before they draw out from the waitlists?
for each acceptance wave they draw some from the WL.

Has anyone received the matriculation packet that was mentioned in an email from USC (at the end of march)?

I'm thinking May 2nd may be the last wave. Hopefully they don't wait until mid/late May. But I guess it depends on the deposit dates.

how many spots are left in the class? has anyone called recently to ask

May is the last wave. After that they will send out acceptances randomly to specific people to fill in the spots they have left

For those who are accepted, did you guys send anything else to the school other than the deposits and the Applicant Certificate Form? I feel like I'm missing something...

For those who are accepted, did you guys send anything else to the school other than the deposits and the Applicant Certificate Form? I feel like I'm missing something...
I started my background check but nope nothing else!

May 1st is Sunday so they will send out more acceptances Friday or Monday

Reactions: 1 users
For those accepted in the last wave - when was the deadline to accept your offer?

I know one person that was accepted today...so I guess it was the last wave?

I got in today. Beyond thrilled. I've been waiting two years for this **** and this feeling is up there with surprising myself with my DAT score as I walked outta the test facility. They sent the email around 5, I saw it around 6.

Haven't read too deeply into the email, but I know I saw I have 17 days to pay the deposit.

Reactions: 2 users
is it confirmed that yesterday was the last wave? i thought there was supposed to be one the first week of May, unless this was it

is it confirmed that yesterday was the last wave? i thought there was supposed to be one the first week of May, unless this was it

I called in today, and they said they're still extending interviews and had room in their class + they typically don't fill up until about July. Don't lose hope!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
I called in today, and they said they're still extending interviews and had room in their class + they typically don't fill up until about July. Don't lose hope!!!!

thanks so much! best of luck to both of us!

I thought they stopped interviewing last month.

So from now on, no more email acceptances, just calls?

At the interview they said:

Dec 1st = 50 acceptances will be sent out
March 1st = 36 acceptances will be sent out
April 1st = 36 acceptances will be sent out
May 1st = 36 acceptances will be sent out
July 1st = 36 acceptances will be sent out, if class isn't full.

I believe they also take the seats dropped into account when sending out acceptances. Im guessing majority of people accepted, decline due to the cost so it should look better for interviewees late in the cycle. Btw I have no confirmation on that what so ever haha, just a thought.
So we shouldn't expect anything in June?

I don't think that's true because no one has said they received anything after April 1st
somebody reported that they got in last Friday (4/29), which is probably the "May 1st" wave and they decided to release it early

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

There should be a another wave of acceptances tomrrow at 5pm I think

I just called them. They said the next wave would be in July, so unless the person I spoke to is misinformed, we have quite a bit of down time

Wow... That's a bummer. Seems like not many were accepted on Friday (on SDN at least).

I just called them. They said the next wave would be in July, so unless the person I spoke to is misinformed, we have quite a bit of down time

I called in as well. The guy said it's rolling admission and that there is no set date for the next wave. It depends on when people pay their deposits and they send them out in batches. If one person drops, then the next person gets contacted, and so on and so forth.

Reactions: 2 users
Wow... That's a bummer. Seems like not many were accepted on Friday (on SDN at least).

I personally know few people who were accepted last friday. They just didn't post on SDN. As someone mentioned, this was the last official wave of acceptance and from now on, they will fill in as someone withdraws their acceptance.

Anyone received the instruction mail about sending official transcripts and health screening?