*** The Official USC School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI, admissions changed the interview process... they got rid of the ice-breaker questions, they still have a group PBL style case, and they added MMI (multiple mini interview), which is what most medical schools do for their interviews. I believe there's 8 mini interviews. No idea what the questions are like though.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
does anyone know when the next batch of interviews are sent out?

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an invite an hour ago. Submitted 7/7. Verified 7/9.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an interview last night. For those of you freaking out about hearing back from schools- stay positive! I submitted by primary in early/mid August. I assumed USC would email me when they wanted the supplemental fee (I'm an idiot for not checking), and didn't submit it until September. Everyone scared me into thinking I applied too late, but obviously invites are still being sent out. The interview is at the end of October. Moral of the story- trust the process and be patient! and best of luck to everyone :)

Received an invite last night as well! Anyone recently interview have some feedback? USC's interview day seems to be all sorts of different.

Received an invite last night as well! Anyone recently interview have some feedback? USC's interview day seems to be all sorts of different.

When was your application complete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who have already interviewed . How was the new interview process? Please any feedback .

Interview #2

Date: 10/12/2018
Residency: CA
GPA: 3.45 oGPA / 3.1 sGPA
DAT: 21AA / 22TS / 21 PAT

Kind of shocked, lol. Let's go!

Interview # 1!!!!!!!!

Date:
10/12/18
Residency: NJ

I couldn’t believe it when I looked at AADSAS. :banana:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got one too! The supplemental application seems very involved... did they say when to finish it by?

And can you please let us know about your interview date? Congratulations by the way.

Nov 7th or 14th. Probably choosing 7th. Flights are cheaper on that date.

I'm really surprised I haven't heard from them yet. Is there something in particular they are looking for? My stats are within or above their ranges and I applied early for their cycle.

I'm really surprised I haven't heard from them yet. Is there something in particular they are looking for? My stats are within or above their ranges and I applied early for their cycle.

I'm assuming they have invited very few people considering there are still interview dates early in Novemeber.

Just read the interview day activities document and it says nothing about MMI. It's just the group interview followed by lunch and a tour. Weird.

Reactions: 2 users
Same here. May I ask you what your stats are?

Has anyone had an interview yet and can shed some insight on the interview day events?

Reactions: 1 users
Wait what really?? They don't mention that in the interview packet though? How'd it go?
Without going into too much detail and breaking the confidentiality agreement, let’s just say you can definitely tell this is their first year doing mmi, and it takes the stress level up a few notches.

Without going into too much detail and breaking the confidentiality agreement, let’s just say you can definitely tell this is their first year doing mmi, and it takes the stress level up a few notches.

Yikes alright that's unfortunate, thanks for the heads up though

Of course they choose to do this during our cycle, lol.

Anyone know if they are still giving out pre December interviews or any December December interviews?

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #6
School:
Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC
Notification date: 10/23/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/22/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/BIO/GC/OC/RC/QR): 21/21/20/24/22/21/20
Interview Date: November 28th

I don't have the most recent ADEA Dental School Guide, but does anyone know what percent of those interviewed (OOS) get accepted?

Interview #6
School:
Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC
Notification date: 10/23/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/22/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/BIO/GC/OC/RC/QR): 21/21/20/24/22/21/20
Interview Date: November 28th

I don't have the most recent ADEA Dental School Guide, but does anyone know what percent of those interviewed (OOS) get accepted?
If anyone has the percent for IS as well LOL

To those that have already interviewed:

Which comes first, the MMI or the group interview?

Also, you can't really prepare for either, right?

Last edited:
To those that have already interviewed:

Which comes first, the MMI or the group interview?

Also, you can't really prepare for either, right?

2 groups, one group gets MMI in the morning, and second group gets PBL in the morning and two groups switch in the afternoon.

ADEA AADSAS status “ check back Dec 3rd”

Just graduated from USC if anyone has anyone questions about D1-D4. Good luck this cycle!

Hey I've applied for the class starting Fall 2019 and was wondering if I could ask some questions about the application process/ bettering my chances of getting an interview invitation.

I just applied 3 days ago.... 21 AA, 20 TS ; 3.35 sGPA and 3.23 oGPA......I feel like my chances are basically zero.....how long did it take you guys to hear back? anyone know anyone that applied super late and still got an interview?....I have a letter of rec from a dentist that taught at USC for 25 years

Anyone know what time decisions come out tmw? The anticipation is killing me!

Status
Not open for further replies.