Status
Not open for further replies.

drjames23

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
UTHealth School of Dentistry at Houston | Class of 2022

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for making this thread! Any word from Houston yet? I received an e-mail stating they received my application, but nothing has followed sense then.

Thank you for making this thread! Any word from Houston yet? I received an e-mail stating they received my application, but nothing has followed sense then.
When was your application transmitted to the school may I ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did tmdsas processing take for you guys? I submitted July 7th, and it's still processing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Invited to interview on date 10/24!!
Application completed in June
GPA 3.7 DAT(TS:17 AA:18)

Reactions: 1 users
Yesterday I received an email from them that a spot opened up and I was on their list to call next so they invited me early

Yesterday I received an email from them that a spot opened up and I was on their list to call next so they invited me early
wym a spot opened up? Are then done giving out interviews? :(

wym a spot opened up? Are then done giving out interviews? :(
It sounds like they interview through early spring, with some interview days in December. I think pre December invites are all out though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like they interview through early spring, with some interview days in December. I think pre December invites are all out though.

Or maybe someone couldn't show up that interview day and the spot was open. Im keeping my hopes up :)

In my interview they said they would have their first list of official acceptance offers sent out December 1st. But they said they have several rounds of offers all the way through February if need be to build the right class

In my interview they said they would have their first list of official acceptance offers sent out December 1st. But they said they have several rounds of offers all the way through February if need be to build the right class
May I asked when your application was "Transmitted to School" date?

any interview tips for Houston?

Question for all please.
I am Texas resident and i applied to all 3 TX schools and about 15 OOS. i have had 5 interviews from OOS but none in TX. However, TX schools are my #1 choice. Should i be worried? Also i heard they may just pass over my application because i applied OOS to many school and assume i will get into one of those. Could this be true? Did i hurt my self by applying to many schools OOS?

Last edited:
UT Houston sent me an interview invite Thursday, Nov. 16th at 8:24 AM. Interview is Tuesday, Nov. 28th. I've already interviewed at San Antonio and Dallas.

when did you get the invite? wondering if they are still doing pre december
UT Houston sent me an interview invite Thursday, Nov. 16th at 8:24 AM. Interview is Tuesday, Nov. 28th. I've already interviewed at San Antonio and Dallas. I submitted my application Sept. 1st and application was transmitted to schools on Oct. 2nd.

Last edited:
Just got an invite for a December interview a week ago, had to move it to the next week because it was during finals. I wonder how long their decisions take

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using SDN mobile

Just got an invite for a December interview a week ago, had to move it to the next week because it was during finals. I wonder how long their decisions take

did you get interviewed at the other 2 tx schools? Still waiting for Houston to look at me :(

did you get interviewed at the other 2 tx schools? Still waiting for Houston to look at me :(
I got an interview at a&m in Dallas in October. No word from San Antonio. I was surprised how long it took. My app was sent it June. Try not to worry. it's an absurdly long process. My houston (hometown) interview is Dec 12 (moved from Dec 5 because it's during my finals)

I got an interview at a&m in Dallas in October. No word from San Antonio. I was surprised how long it took. My app was sent it June. Try not to worry. it's an absurdly long process. My houston (hometown) interview is Dec 12 (moved from Dec 5 because it's during my finals)

good luck!!

Hey for those of you who are accepted please let us know more info as you go through the process! When you join the FB group let us know how many spots are left and when they will send out new waves of acceptances!

Hey for those of you who are accepted please let us know more info as you go through the process! When you join the FB group let us know how many spots are left and when they will send out new waves of acceptances!
Hey, I believe the next round is after January 1. I only think that because that's when I have to accept or decline the offer. Unless people accept or decline the first round sent out before Jan 1st, then they would likely send out more spots sooner. (this is a complete guess though)

So, the deadline to accept the offer from UT Houston is January 2. I love UT Houston, but my first choice is another school simply based on location (I can live at home). If I accept the offer from UT Houston (that is, sign the letter of intent form), is there anything that will prevent me from declining UT Houston if I later get an offer from my other school? I didn't see anything about having to put down a deposit.

So, the deadline to accept the offer from UT Houston is January 2. I love UT Houston, but my first choice is another school simply based on location (I can live at home). If I accept the offer from UT Houston (that is, sign the letter of intent form), is there anything that will prevent me from declining UT Houston if I later get an offer from my other school? I didn't see anything about having to put down a deposit.
Is it another TX school? From what I understand(maybe someone else can clarify), you can decline/withdraw your acceptance time anytime, but you lose your deposit.

Is it another TX school? From what I understand(maybe someone else can clarify), you can decline/withdraw your acceptance time anytime, but you lose your deposit.

Yes. It's another Texas school. I didn't see anything on UT Houston's website about putting down a deposit. Is there a deposit and do you know how much?

Yes. It's another Texas school. I didn't see anything on UT Houston's website about putting down a deposit. Is there a deposit and do you know how much?
I have no idea since I haven't interviewed there. Let us know when you find out. I know someone that just got an invite for 2nd Jan. interview. So looks like they are still movin!

When ya'll accepted or declined, did you scan it and email the letter of confirmation or did you send it to them through the mail? I scanned mine and emailed it like a week ago and still haven't got anything back.

When ya'll accepted or declined, did you scan it and email the letter of confirmation or did you send it to them through the mail? I scanned mine and emailed it like a week ago and still haven't got anything back.
I printed it out and sent it in the mail. Roxanna sent me an email yesterday that she received it!

Congrats to all of you who have gotten admitted and does who got interviews. If anyone could answer my question, i will appreciate.
So i applied since august to all 3 TX school but have not heard anything from anyone of them except that my application was received.
I feel like i am running out of time and i am also not sure why i am nothing getting a Yea, Nah or Maybe from all 3 of the schools. If they do not want an applicant, they would at least send a rejection letter, correct?
Did anyone get a rejection from anyone of them? I ask because i met a lady on a flight a month ago who is in D2 OOS and she said she applied to TX schools but never heard a word from them during her app process in 2016. This has put a lot of stress on me since then.
I think it hurts more to not hear anything than to get rejected.

Congrats to all of you who have gotten admitted and does who got interviews. If anyone could answer my question, i will appreciate.
So i applied since august to all 3 TX school but have not heard anything from anyone of them except that my application was received.
I feel like i am running out of time and i am also not sure why i am nothing getting a Yea, Nah or Maybe from all 3 of the schools. If they do not want an applicant, they would at least send a rejection letter, correct?
Did anyone get a rejection from anyone of them? I ask because i met a lady on a flight a month ago who is in D2 OOS and she said she applied to TX schools but never heard a word from them during her app process in 2016. This has put a lot of stress on me since then.
I think it hurts more to not hear anything than to get rejected.

You need to call and ask what your status is and if they have reviewed your application or if you may still be considered for further interview opportunities. Ask what their next step of communication will be and when they plan to deliver it to the applicant pool. It shows interest to call and ask about your application.

Got an interview invite this afternoon for 1/16, but I'm about to send in my deposit for A&M. Don't give up hope guys!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on A&M!

You need to call and ask what your status is and if they have reviewed your application or if you may still be considered for further interview opportunities. Ask what their next step of communication will be and when they plan to deliver it to the applicant pool. It shows interest to call and ask about your application.

Yes. I did call and also sent emails. All i got was to seat tight and wait.

Got an interview invite this afternoon for 1/16, but I'm about to send in my deposit for A&M. Don't give up hope guys!
Congrats! I also have an interview on 1/16!!

Right, I forgot haha, there are around 90 members and I believe only 50 or so are actually C/O 2022 the rest are C/O 2020-21. So don't worry.

Thank you! Sent an email in to a few people in admissions to see if anyone had a date scheduled or date estimation for the next round of acceptances. If anyone else has received any information back regarding this please share!

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you! Sent an email in to a few people in admissions to see if anyone had a date scheduled or date estimation for the next round of acceptances. If anyone else has received any information back regarding this please share!
Did anybody respond to you??

Status
Not open for further replies.