*** The Official UTHSC-Memphis Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Does anyone know if UT is done with their acceptance calls today? Anyone got one lately?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who interviewed on Monday 11/25 hear back yet? Specifically out of staters...

Nope, didn't hear anything from them yesterday. Figure they either hadn't gotten to reviewing our group yet or I'm stuck on the wait list... Did you ever hear anything from them?
 
Nope, didn't hear anything from them yesterday. Figure they either hadn't gotten to reviewing our group yet or I'm stuck on the wait list... Did you ever hear anything from them?
Nothing. My status hasn't changed on AADSAS either. Dr. Covington did tell us they're going to be filling up the class until the end of January, so I guess we still have some time to wait
 
Nothing. My status hasn't changed on AADSAS either. Dr. Covington did tell us they're going to be filling up the class until the end of January, so I guess we still have some time to wait
Yeah, I felt like he emphasized that they would be a little slower than expected this year and to be patient. Hopefully we hear soon (with an acceptance)!
 
I have an interview scheduled for this coming Friday. Does anyone have an idea as to whether I will be interviewing for a seat or a wait list spot?
 
I have an interview scheduled for this coming Friday. Does anyone have an idea as to whether I will be interviewing for a seat or a wait list spot?

I would tend to agree with the above commenter. Since they offered seats to (I assume) fill all 90 seats, they are waiting to hear from those that decline acceptance. So while they will be interviewing you for a seat, at this point, until people decline, the furthest you'll get would be wait listed. But according to Dr. Covington, that's a pretty good spot to be in. They let you ask tons of questions at your interview. Just ask them. They'll let you know. Are you in state or out of state?
 
I would tend to agree with the above commenter. Since they offered seats to (I assume) fill all 90 seats, they are waiting to hear from those that decline acceptance. So while they will be interviewing you for a seat, at this point, until people decline, the furthest you'll get would be wait listed. But according to Dr. Covington, that's a pretty good spot to be in. They let you ask tons of questions at your interview. Just ask them. They'll let you know. Are you in state or out of state?

OOS Texas
 
Does anyone know when UT will be accepting more people?
No idea. I got an email the week they made their first round of acceptances (first week of Dec) saying they will accept throughout the month of december and into january...haven't heard anything since
 
Does anyone know when UT will be accepting more people?

I am not sure when they will be accepting more people, specifically, but, Dr. Covington said at the interview that they accept until all spots are full... Even the day before classes begin in August. But my assumption would be that the next time people would be notified of acceptance would be mid to late January, because those offered acceptance have 30 days to accept or decline from their acceptance. Dr. Covington also said they don't put together the wait list until the first of the year and if you are on the wait list, that's a very good position to be in. Tennessee is very selective as to who is on that wait list.
 
Anyone received an email from Andrew Johnson(?)
I called the office and asked if they needed my fall transcript. But Jenny said people who received an email from Andrew Johnson(Im not sure about the name) send the official transcript to the school. Has anybody gotten the email?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys has anyone heard anything? I'm on the OOS wait list and want to know if there has been any movement in admissions. Thanks!
 
Hey guys has anyone heard anything? I'm on the OOS wait list and want to know if there has been any movement in admissions. Thanks!

I'm also on the OOS wait list and would love to get in here! I wonder how many people they ended up putting on the official wait list...
 
Anyone gotten off the in-state wait list yet here? Or have any idea what the chances of getting in from the in-state wait list might be?
 
Got the acceptance call this afternoon! I am OOS (Georgia) and got off the wait list! So excited to join this class. Good luck 🙂