***The Official UTHSCSA Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Do we know if any rejections have been sent yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Do we know if any rejections have been sent yet?
I can't speak for everyone, but I haven't received anything. Not an acceptance, not a rejection, not even a waitlist.

Reactions: 5 users
I am wondering that since there are no rejections letters or waitlist yet, do reapplicants just go ahead and begin the 2021 application?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am wondering that since there are no rejections letters or waitlist yet, do reapplicants just go ahead and begin the 2021 application?
Yes, if you are waiting on San Antonio and haven't had any offers from other schools, the smart thing to do is to plan for the worst-case scenario.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed Nov 25 and got accepted today at 1:00pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 9 users
Interviewed Nov 25 and got accepted today at 1:00pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG Congrats! I am so happy for you! And this at least proves that they aren't sending in waves--if we aren't getting emails it's because we weren't next on the list.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if they are still filling the class?

Reactions: 1 user
My friend who is a D2 says that there is indeed a waitlist but she doesn't think that they let you know if you're on it... so if you haven't heard anything yet, then consider it a good thing. However, the school DOES send an email to tell you if you're not going to be part of the upcoming class. Until you get the final rejection email, keep your hopes up.

Reactions: 3 users
But I still advise you to plan for the worst-case scenario, in case that happens! Also, if it's too hard for your heart to continually keep your hopes up (trust me, I know the feeling) then at least have peace in knowing that you did your best, and one way or another you will become a dentist! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Received an e-mail at 8:33 am today saying that the class is filled and I've been added to the alternate list. Good luck to the rest of you!

Received an e-mail at 8:33 am today saying that the class is filled and I've been added to the alternate list. Good luck to the rest of you!
Thank you for letting us know. Do you have any idea of the alternate list is contacted all at once?

Boarding the alternate/waitlist boat. I think that I am just going to continue the reapplying process, stress over that instead of this!

Boarding the alternate/waitlist boat. I think that I am just going to continue the reapplying process, stress over that instead of this!
Yeah the waiting game is no joke. Honestly it’s even worse than having to wait for an interview.

Does anyone know anything about the Letter of Intent? Can we send one to the admission committee?