***The Official UTHSCSA Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Started by Ricer7
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ricer7

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone receive an application received email from UTHSCSA? If so when did y'all submit and how long was it before they sent that email?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview: UT Health San Antonio School of Dentistry
Notification date: 26 July 2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 07 June 2019
GPA (BCPM, overall): 3.95, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/23/28/none
Interview Date: 12 August 2019
 
Interview #1
School: University of Texas at San Antonio
Notification date: 8/20/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/6/19
Application complete date: 7/29/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.54, 3.48
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/23/24/None
Interview Date: 09/09/19
 
Interview #1: University of Texas at San Antonio
Notification date: 20 August 2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 20 June 2019
GPA (BCPM, overall): 3.82, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/24/22/25/none
Interview Date: 9 September 2019
 
Interview: UT Health San Antonio School of Dentistry
Notification date: 13 September 2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 22 May 2019
GPA (BCPM, overall): 3.61, 3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/24/21/23/no
Interview Date: 30 September 2019
 
Interview #4
School
: UT Health San Antonio School of Dentistry
Notification date: 09/26/2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/11/2019
Application complete date: 06/28/2019
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA / 27 TS / 26 PAT / 25 Reading / none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/14/2019
 
Interview #7
School: UT Health San Antonio
Notification date: 09/26/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
TMDSAS submitted: 05/23/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.9
Masters GP: 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/20/24/none
Interview date available: 10/14/2019

I will actually be declining my interview here, I hope someone else gets it 🙂 good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #7
School: UT Health San Antonio
Notification date: 09/26/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
TMDSAS submitted: 05/23/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.9
Masters GP: 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/20/24/none
Interview date available: 10/14/2019

I will actually be declining my interview here, I hope someone else gets it 🙂 good luck!
Why are you declining your interview?
 
It wasn't my first choice of schools, and I've already had interviews that went well where I would rather go. It's expensive to travel everywhere and I have 2 kids so it isn't as easy as picking up and going 🙂
I kinda understand your rationale however UTHSCA is so cheap you'd be saving a lot of money by going there if you're a Texas resident
 
I kinda understand your rationale however UTHSCA is so cheap you'd be saving a lot of money by going there if you're a Texas resident
Yeah for sure I totally get the money thing. But for me with having 2 kids and a husband who unfortunately won't be there the whole time I'm in school, it's about more than just the money. Plus he's military and so we will get part of my tuition covered wherever I am. But I get the cost, it's so much cheaper there its hard to turn down!
 
How often is San Antonio sending out interviews, and which day is it usually? Also, do they send out invites over the weekend ever?
 
Interview #8: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 22 October 2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 09 August 2019
GPA (BCPM, overall): 3.80, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/19/21/none
Interview Date: 11 November 2019
 
Are they done interviewing people who applied in June? I haven't been offered an interview from here but was from Houston a month ago. Just curious
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does someone know how is the interview? I am really nervous about this one. Going the 18th of November!
So there will prob be around 12-14 applicants. Every applicant will briefly introduce themself. Dr. Malone will give a couple presentations on the school and financial aid. Afterwards, he'll take you on a tour of the old and new building. Then you'll have lunch with current students who you can ask questions. Lastly, you'll be interviewed 1 on 1 with a student and a faculty member. Interviews should be conversational and last around 20-30 minutes.
 
Last edited:
Interview: UT Health San Antonio School of Dentistry
Notification date: 16 Oct 2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 28 June 2019
GPA (BCPM, overall): 4.0, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/21/22/none
Interview Date: 28 October 2019
 
Last edited: