***The Official UTHSCSA Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Does anyone know what the scrub color is for the incoming class?

Members don't see this ad.

So I spoke to Dr. Malone and the last round of acceptances were yesterday. (few acceptances will be sent out from now on just to fill any open spots as needed)

Members don't see this ad :)
Were there 30 spots left after the spots sent out yesterday? Also, did Dr. Malone indicate when they would send out more acceptances?
He said that acceptances were done. There may be 1-3 more people accepted depending if students do not accept or matriculate for whatever reason. keep the hope regardless you never know what can happen

He said that acceptances were done. There may be 1-3 more people accepted depending if students do not accept or matriculate for whatever reason. keep the hope regardless you never know what can happen
Thank you! Do you know if they have sent out rejections yet?

My guess is all rejections go out simultaneously since class would have to be completely committed and full?
That makes the most sense! Well I wish everyone who is still waiting the absolute best of luck. This waiting is so hard, but we have to keep up hope.

Reactions: 1 user
What requirements are you talking about exactly? (Or what would be reasons for not matriculating?)
Yes, some that were accepted Dec 1st, may still need to finish the spring 20 semester to fulfill requirements that are listed on the school's website. If they don't complete these (or don't get a C or better)by the 1st day of class then they can't attend. Also, keep in mind that some of the people that are holding a seat, may decide to go somewhere else as more acceptances go out. In Texas, by MAy 1st, if someone has agreed to go to SA, then Houston and A&M can't send them acceptances. Keep the hope alive!

Reactions: 1 users
Man, what happened to 6-8 rounds of acceptances? :(

Reactions: 2 users
Just received a rejection w/o interview. Email said they have completed their selection for the class of 2024. Not sure if this information helps anyone still waiting to hear back. Good luck guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received a rejection w/o interview. Email said they have completed their selection for the class of 2024. Not sure if this information helps anyone still waiting to hear back. Good luck guys!

I recieved the same email. I also didn't interview.

Question-- if you interviewed but haven't been accepted or rejected at this point does that mean you are on a wait list?

Question-- if you interviewed but haven't been accepted or rejected at this point does that mean you are on a wait list?
I haven't heard back yet after interviewing as well. I believe we have to just keep waiting and that we haven't been rejected or waitlisted yet until we officially and formally receive something! I've heard stories of people being accepted in April and in May, so anything can happen!

I’m giving up my seat to go to TAMU. I pray that it goes to one of you who really deserves it. Good luck fellow dentists. May the force be with you.
I wish the absolute best of luck to you at TAMU!

Hi friends! I saw that TAMU was releasing alternates today. Any word from San Antonio?? THANK YOU:)

Does anyone have an idea of when to expect the waitlist/rejections?

Does anyone have an idea of when to expect the waitlist/rejections?
I think mid-April. Sent an email today and that's what Dr. Malone said to expect as they're close to filling out the class.

Do we know if the class is full after last week's acceptances went out? I know some people also gave up their seats... Thank you!

One of my friends got accepted today like literally 5 minutes ago! Keep your hopes up guys, there are still spots to fill!

One of my friends got accepted today like literally 5 minutes ago! Keep your hopes up guys, there are still spots to fill!
I know this is supposed to be reassuring, but it just reminds me that I haven't gotten the email while other people have :(
Wishing everyone the best of luck, though. Everything will happen the way it's supposed to <3

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations to all of you who have been accepted!!
They need to inform all students about their status to be fair. We are all waiting so long to know about our status.

Reactions: 3 users
Are they back to extending weekly acceptances?

Hi guys! At this point do you know if they call or send an email for acceptance?

Is the waitlist supposed to come out before May 1st?
I was wondering the same thing. Admissions said that they were hoping to have the class filled by mid-April, and they would release the wait list after that. I don't know if they have completely filled the class yet.

I was wondering the same thing. Admissions said that they were hoping to have the class filled by mid-April, and they would release the wait list after that. I don't know if they have completely filled the class yet.
Yeah I’ve kind of been going crazy the past week waiting for SOMETHING. At this point if I have to reapply I just want to know.

Yeah I’ve kind of been going crazy the past week waiting for SOMETHING. At this point if I have to reapply I just want to know.
I looked at last year's thread, and it looks like final rejections went out on April 24th and the alternate list came out early May. Maybe they are following a similar timeline this year, too?

Has anyone heard anything?
Nope still nothing. Dr. Malone mentioned the process would be done mid-April but it's almost May and looks like some of us still haven't heard anything back just yet. They might be busy trying to figure out what do for the upcoming school year.

I e-mailed them earlier this week and they said that they are "very close to completing the class" and that the process will continue until "mid to late April". Not sure if a waitlist will be offered at that time but I'm hoping that we hear back today since it's the last day of April!